Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rift at respawn
Prim
post Mar 1 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hey guys,

Will there be a good enough connection to play Rift at respawn? I see all those wow players - if they have their own servers thats fine.

The 9 hour queue are a different thing altogether smile.gif

Cheers,
Primoz
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
priorax
post Mar 2 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #2
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

To my knowledge, LaTrobe provides us with a single 768kb/s (96kB/s) connection. Divide that among say, 400 people... 0.24kB/s per person. Would you really want to play on that?

My advice is to do what Guni was saying, get a 3G modem, I personally would reconmend Telstra if you are after the best coverage and speed possible, however if you want to save a few dollars, go to any of the major phone providers, just make sure before you buy anything that you ask them to check the signal for the main places you are going to be doing it.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Guni
post Mar 3 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (priorax @ Mar 3 2011, 12:16 AM) *
To my knowledge, LaTrobe provides us with a single 768kb/s (96kB/s) connection. Divide that among say, 400 people... 0.24kB/s per person. Would you really want to play on that?

My advice is to do what Guni was saying, get a 3G modem, I personally would reconmend Telstra if you are after the best coverage and speed possible, however if you want to save a few dollars, go to any of the major phone providers, just make sure before you buy anything that you ask them to check the signal for the main places you are going to be doing it.

Priorax do you know if you have to get them on a plan or is it possible to get them as a pre paid, e.g like you have 3 gb to use and then you have to pay to top it up or w/e.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 10:25 AM