> V29, So how did we do?
R4N
post Jan 20 2014, 09:17 AM
Post #1
Hueg.

Next event:

Hey all,

Please use this thread for any questions/comments on V29, good or bad smile.gif

I sincerely hope you guys had as much fun as I did!

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bangers
post Jan 20 2014, 09:35 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

Cons:
-The MOBA tournaments need a bit of work - I played Dota 2, and my team got stomped in the first round in about 15 minutes by the eventual winners - would be great to have a DE bracket for these, because it kind of sucks to only get one competitive Bo1 series to play all night...

A few people have mentioned this and we are happy to take this kind of advice on board. The problem with scheduling a DE bracket is time. Some people come to respawn with a team of 5 and are happy to spend 9+ hours in a LoL or DOTA tournament. Others want to try their luck but do not want their entire LAN experience to be a single game. Depending on team numbers, single elim gives us the ability to strike a good balance between these 2 games. On the other hand it means casual teams get less matches. It is almost a catch 22 in a way, if i went DE someone would complain it went far too long smile.gif

We usually base this decision on team numbers. If we get an even bracket, or the team count is small, DE is easy. With an odd bracket (say 14 teams) a DE tournament will go all night.

(R4N edit: 2, looks like we can't restore posts. Apologies Bangers sleep.gif)
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 02:30 PM