Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ...Macs?.!?, How much do people really hate them... and why???
Fallacious Ultimatum
post Apr 9 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

I just brought my first imac and my first computer.. I mean I dont have it cause I sent it away for DOA due to some dead pixels, but besides that. What do people think about macs?

Oh yeah and another thing, I. only. just. got into gaming. I do realise that for hardcore gamers, Build your own PCs are the only way to go. But, I still think imacs are nice 'non-enthusiest' starter computers

Anyway, what do you guys think???

P.S. My computer is a...

24" (1920x1200)
2.8Ghz Core2Duo
320 GB HDD
1GB Ram
W/less Bluetooth keyboard & mice

hey.. btw is it a mouse? or only a mice , plural stuff hmmmm .... huh.gif
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
R4N
post Jun 26 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #2
Hueg.

Next event:

i always lol at the looks aspect of apple owners

For starters, ive never found apple products to be that good looking. And while trying to look good they make very bad overall design choices.

Bad choice 1. badly mounted DVD drive on all imac machines, we had some "not too old" G5 imacs at tafe with the slot load DVD drives mounted vertically. They are all broken and make terrible noises

2. apple decided with the latest imac to place the power button on the BACK of the unit, as well as all the USB and firewire ports..
i mean cmon, thats just silly, there is a massive space on an imac where they could have placed these sockets or even added more sockets. But instead they chose to place these at the back of the unit, requiring me to literally move the imac to either turn it on or insert a USB stick.

3. No choice in design. With PC's you can quite easilly get a machines thats black white blue grey silver red orange... hell anything
with apple, you get what you get, thats all. My current case (Gigabyte 3d Aurora) is quite nice looking, black, not overbearing like some "pimped" cases. Compare this to apples stock design choices and i know what i would pick tongue.gif

Thats my 2 cents tongue.gif

R4N

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sando
post Jun 26 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #3
Respawn Alumni

Next event:

2. apple decided with the latest imac to place the power button on the BACK of the unit, as well as all the USB and firewire ports..
i mean cmon, thats just silly, there is a massive space on an imac where they could have placed these sockets or even added more sockets. But instead they chose to place these at the back of the unit, requiring me to literally move the imac to either turn it on or insert a USB stick.

Form over function... although it's no way near as bad as you make it. The power button is not really an issue, after a few tries, it's dead easy to press it without having to turn the iMac around. I'll admit, the headphone jack is kind of annoying but your USB sticks should be plugged into the keyboard, not in the back tongue.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 05:40 PM