Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Xbox?, General curiosity
KeensteR x
post Jan 5 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hey guys, I've heard about this tournament and got really interested. Just one problem. I'm an xbox gamer. I've been wndering if this tournament is purely for PC gamers only or if there is like an xbox, PS3 or even Wii section to it.

Don't judge me for being a console gamer, it's what i play.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post Jan 5 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

Some people bring consoles and have a bit of a play. there isn't 'competition support' for it at respawn though.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Guni
post Jan 26 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

I recall a sponsor of some sort had an xbox comp running one lan but its never occurred again....

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
priorax
post Jan 27 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #4
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

It wasn't a sponsor, the guys from AusHalo had a comp running in The Odean (next to Union Hall) and they allowed Respawners to spectate for free.

I am not sure if this will happen again as their website is down, so I am not sure if they are even running.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheTacoMan
post Mar 3 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

Console gamers.................................
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Mar 7 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

People are welcomed to bring their XBOX to the event. Remember that speakers (including those on a TV) aren't permitted so the sound would really need to be muted.

I'm sure you could plug them in to our network to play games BUT I believe it uses the Windows Live! engine for networking games so this could present an issue since its a net thing (and the net is blocked).

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 11 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

I've been wndering if this tournament is purely for PC gamers only or if there is like an xbox, PS3 or even Wii section to it.

We usually try to get some sort of console thing going. It's usually just run as a fun comp and not very serious. Although there are those guys who usually have a tv and Smash Brothers Melee going for most of the lan. i suppose that could be considered serious competition but you would have to go over and challenge them yourself, I tried once... lets just say i didnt do very well tongue.gif

The lack of TVs usually restricts Respawn from doing many serious comps with consoles. It also means that if you use an xbox, 360 or ps3 and you want to network with other people at the lan you will need to ask an admin if its cool that you use another network port. and as Jeffy pointed out most of the games on 360 would more than likely use the internet to do all their connection stuff, as the net isnt very good (when shared with 450 people) i dont think that it will be possible to set up and for it to be enjoyable.

Any console games that you can play locally would be cool though biggrin.gif
I usually try to bring my Wii to have a game or two of something with someone else on whatever large screen i can get my hands on at the time. If you can make some suggestions as to what games you think people would want to play on console (keeping in mind we wont have heaps of TVs) then we can at least have a look into it.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:31 PM