Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OFFICIAL v14 Commnts thread!, For positive and negatives! and everything in between!
GIARUS
post Sep 21 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #21
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Tank @ Sep 21 2009, 09:39 PM) *
QUOTE (GIARUS @ Sep 21 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Gotta admit the random massive applause was god dam hilarious.
i bet none of the admins knew who started it or why it happened.

i believe it was some sort of can stacking or such.

was not as hilarious when one is trying to sleep wink.gif

I sorry, tank but it was pritty epic how i started a huge round of applause for a can tower falling over.
Also i started the clap the people who had the cans fall down was someone else.
i was pritty impressed i had so many people to clap along for cans falling over.

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spitefultongue
post Sep 21 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #22
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (oohms @ Sep 21 2009, 05:12 PM) *
QUOTE (Darcy @ Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM) *
I thought it was a bit disturbing having the admins staring at me every time I went to the toilets.

lol the toilets are on the other end of the hall to where the admins are

unless of course you were using the admin toilet laugh.gif

edit: LOL i didn't know they put up pics above the urinals

That is the first and last time i enter the male toilets, unless its to add more posters. I even ran into the female toilets to wash my hands, vigorously!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Sep 21 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #23
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Spitefultongue @ Sep 21 2009, 10:39 PM) *
QUOTE (oohms @ Sep 21 2009, 05:12 PM) *
QUOTE (Darcy @ Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM) *
I thought it was a bit disturbing having the admins staring at me every time I went to the toilets.

lol the toilets are on the other end of the hall to where the admins are

unless of course you were using the admin toilet laugh.gif

edit: LOL i didn't know they put up pics above the urinals

That is the first and last time i enter the male toilets, unless its to add more posters. I even ran into the female toilets to wash my hands, vigorously!

lol yes i found it weird watching r4n watching me take a piss

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TechL
post Sep 21 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #24
Player

Next event:

I saw the posters too.

It was a pretty good LAN. Didn't really seem all that busy but I dunno I had a good time where I was sitting and such.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Sep 21 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #25
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (TechL @ Sep 21 2009, 11:23 PM) *
I saw the posters too.

It was a pretty good LAN. Didn't really seem all that busy but I dunno I had a good time where I was sitting and such.

i know due 2 the random clapping. then also watching the footy match. i was sitting to techl at this respawn.
that chair isn't coming to next respawn im saving up and buying a camping chair or a new stretcher. that strecher was comfy as to sit on, and sleep on of couse.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Harkonnen
post Sep 22 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #26
Player

Next event:

The clapping was annoying. You've mentioned it about 8 times across 5 different thread now.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Sep 22 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #27
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Harkonnen @ Sep 22 2009, 12:00 AM) *
The clapping was annoying. You've mentioned it about 8 times across 5 different thread now.

and uve been an ass over 15 diffrent threads now need i complain about that.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Sep 22 2009, 06:25 AM
Post #28
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Sep 22 2009, 03:21 AM) *
QUOTE (Harkonnen @ Sep 22 2009, 12:00 AM) *

and uve been an ass over 15 diffrent threads now need i complain about that.

Guys, Tank warned you to keep it civil. if you cant she or R4N will need to take further action.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Harkonnen
post Sep 22 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #29
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Sep 22 2009, 06:25 AM) *
Guys, Tank warned you to keep it civil. if you cant she or R4N will need to take further action.

You're right, this dynamic is getting extremely tiring. I'm going to chill out from the forums until the next Respawn, but just be warned - without me holding him back, within a week, 94% of posts will be GIARUS or GIARUS-related spam. Don't come crying to me when your forum is the equivalent of a battered rape victim sobbing in a dark alley, covered in GIARUS' e-jizz.
Cause I'm playing RE5 co-op.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Wombie
post Sep 22 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #30
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Sep 21 2009, 12:41 PM) *
Also i started the clap

D:

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ihasaflavur
post Sep 22 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #31
Player

Next event:

firstly i'd like to say thank you to Tank for doing the vege stuff first, it's really nice to know that my food wasn't contaminated with animal guts and such even though it was a hassle for her. biggrin.gif
i have a criticism/comment regarding that though; don't yell at Tank if she hasn't been told til AFTER she's cooked everybody's food that the hall has been filled with sausage smoke. Maybe instead just turn the fans or whatever off, you know, use some common sense.

also, just wondering when the P.A system will be set up in the annex? didn't hear much of anything, and couldn't see the projector (coz, you know, i can't see through walls).

maybe create some sort of... restraining... thing for giarus? i hear duct tape works wonders... (har har, it's a joke)

more contests not to do with computers maybe? iron gut looked fun but disgusting.

i was also looking forward to seeing glow in the dark things. disappointed when there were none.

one more thing... PLEASE never, EVER play that stupid screaming youtube video again, ever. i wasn't sleeping, but i'm pretty sure the people that were wanted to imitate the video.

--------------------
oh my pancake hammer! - Jagster
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Sep 22 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #32
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (ihasaflavur @ Sep 22 2009, 12:18 PM) *
don't yell at Tank if she hasn't been told til AFTER she's cooked everybody's food that the hall has been filled with sausage smoke. Maybe instead just turn the fans or whatever off, you know, use some common sense.

The bbq smoke I was quite aware of and trying to get rid of before we had a visit from the Fire Brigade unnecessarily. As it turns out, the vent was right next to the BBQ (which I never knew until Zardoz mentioned it to me when I spoke to him about it). In future events, we'll try to cool / vent the venue prior to cooking so it can remain in the OFF position until the BBQ has finished to stop this from reoccuring as it sucked in the BBQ smoke, along with that sweet smell of food at 1am which appeased most.

QUOTE (ihasaflavur @ Sep 22 2009, 12:18 PM) *
also, just wondering when the P.A system will be set up in the annex? didn't hear much of anything, and couldn't see the projector (coz, you know, i can't see through walls).

I think that might be the slightly more difficult to accomplish without LaTrobe redesigning the sound system (as I think the annex was sort of there as a "tag on" hall. I'm not sure if the projection loop we had running can be streamed into the venue via VLC (like the footy was) or not I just dont know, I'm sure we'll find a way to get you the info you need.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Abercrombie
post Sep 22 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #33
Player

Next event:

great event guys, really enjoyed it and awesome work getting the footy on stream as well!

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Ebora
post Sep 22 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #34
Player

Next event:

Great LAN!

Pros:
- Drinks were good price (love the Dr Pepper)
- Footy stream!!! Great Idea!
- Loves the prizes as always

Cons:
- No Call of Duty: World at War (5) server
- Need more players to turn up sad.gif

Cant wait for the next one!

Cheers
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sharks
post Sep 22 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #35
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Sep 22 2009, 12:28 PM) *
I think that might be the slightly more difficult to accomplish without LaTrobe redesigning the sound system (as I think the annex was sort of there as a "tag on" hall. I'm not sure if the projection loop we had running can be streamed into the venue via VLC (like the footy was) or not I just dont know, I'm sure we'll find a way to get you the info you need.

VLC stream didn't work with 3G internet. (An admin kindly explained all of this aswell.)

One thing that annoyed me was the heat of the venue at times and the power board problem.

Nearly cooked my i7 sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Sep 22 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #36
Player

Next event:

Stop posting crap. It's agitating.

Stay on topic, and KEEP IT CIVIL.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Sep 22 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #37
Player

Next event:

Tank edit: now that wasn't very civil was it......

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chopz
post Sep 22 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #38
Player

Next event:

Loved the Lan

Poker is a must from now on

Great organising Miniwalks, except for the prize

Stupid me coming second, after going all in on a stupid hand sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Sep 22 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #39
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Chopz @ Sep 22 2009, 05:37 PM) *
Loved the Lan

Poker is a must from now on

Great organising Miniwalks, except for the prize

Stupid me coming second, after going all in on a stupid hand sad.gif

i wanted to enter in that poker touranment but didn't find out about it until it statred

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sideh
post Sep 22 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #40
Player

Next event:

Great event guys and girls! This was my first Respawn LAN. Me and 2 other mates road tripped from Warrnambool were i (along with about 6 others run a LAN here called MorB (Move or Bleed)). When i saw the event on a friends computer and looked at how many the past events had, i was quite impressed and excited, the huge amount of gamers and varities were fantastic and the venue was awesome.

What i liked about the event:

- Big player range, alot of competitors and different types of people, from people that raged when sound was played in game to people that did not care what the out come was, all they wanted was some hardcore gaming.

- Hourly comps FTW! But i missed all of them as i did not hear but the idea and the comps were great

- Ping's was so awesome to have next door! Did you guys organise a deal with them at all?

- A very nice layout of equipment and power was distributed effiently, only one power outage from what i knew and it only affected 6 - 8 players? and was back and up in no time!

- BBQ was a Brilliant idea and i did not see to much smoke, great BBQ from the sounds of it, i missed out lol.

- Football game cast was a fantastic idea!

Things i was not use to/not impressed by:

- Activity of the admins, from what i saw, not many admins were activly walking around looking at gamers and making sure nothing bad is going down, or even to just chat and encourage the players.

- I was not aware that an Admin won a comp. From my experiance as being an Admin, you are there to enjoy the LAN out of passion for games and networking. We let admins in the games and such but they will never win an event as if they wanted a prize, they would be a player, not an Admin. Your here because you want to let people come, and conquer. Who wants to come to a LAN to be beat by the people who run it? No one! Does not encourage people at all.. Though i can see your idea in the person having enough skills to win is a point, it does not make it right. If you want to prove you are th best, fine, i would to, but dont win the prize..

- As i mentioned, the Game coverage was fantastic, but in way a bit to good, there were so many comps that people signed up for multiple and that delayed the other comps.. would have been great to have a focus game so that there would be one big prize and a big ladder system in which players keep challenging other teams for a certain time length and then tally the points.. Thats one of the ways we do it and it ends up with a full 6 hour comp with everyone playing.. We even force teams to play rather than sit on DC.

- After walking 3 KMs lol, for a ATM i found out there is an ATM just arounf the corner from Pings.. The lady working there showed me. >.<

Overall i liked the venue, it was a bigger experiance and the road trip was fun! The LAN was fun and the people made it very interesting.

I would like to see some Respawn Admins at one of our events www.morblans.com
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:34 AM