2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Respawn Lan v24 feedback thread
jutzy
post Apr 29 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

So v24 is over its time to put some opinions on the table.

Kgo

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PaintTheStreetsInWhite
post Apr 29 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

No CSS GunGame comp was a big thing for me, I know it's usually just a fun comp but it's one of the things I look forward to when I go.

Everything else was decent, there wasn't as many loud idiots this time lol..
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
beeslol
post Apr 30 2012, 03:34 AM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

Nobody wanted to sit near me, so many empty tables in rows G and H.

--------------------
You are not your 3dMark06 cpu score.
My blog... phear it and visit.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Elblacker
post Apr 30 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

Apart from lack of attendance and my pic not being in the paint comp, good lan.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Yurick
post May 1 2012, 02:53 AM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

I found the large prizes for first, but complete void of prizes for second to be somewhat of a concern. I can understand it if the games were a FFA where it is difficult to tell who is second (for example the tron funcomp i can understand no second prize, even if it were a major comp), but where a clear second place is available, it seems somewhat odd to give a large cash prize to the winner, but nothing to the second place.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post May 1 2012, 08:23 AM
Post #6
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (Elblacker @ Apr 30 2012, 09:44 PM) *

Sorry mate, Next time i'll make sure to announce how long you have left to submit over the PA, I guess people were still working on them at midnight.

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SaddaM
post May 1 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Yurick @ May 1 2012, 03:53 AM) *
I found the large prizes for first, but complete void of prizes for second to be somewhat of a concern. I can understand it if the games were a FFA where it is difficult to tell who is second (for example the tron funcomp i can understand no second prize, even if it were a major comp), but where a clear second place is available, it seems somewhat odd to give a large cash prize to the winner, but nothing to the second place.

I can see what you're saying if the prizes you're referring to were done before midnight, however, after the midnight doorprize I could barely see anything left for first prizes let alone for a second and third.

Also to the fact that their were more random funcomps than usual, Fooseball, Costume, Rock Paper Scissors, Starcraft, Etc which could of taken priority over a valuable second/third prize.

Most likely not the actual reason, just my thoughts.

On a side note, LAN was great as per usual despite attendance.
I'd like to say though, however organized the CS:GO keys, my hats off to you good sir.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TechL
post May 1 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (R4N @ May 1 2012, 08:23 AM) *

Sorry mate, Next time i'll make sure to announce how long you have left to submit over the PA, I guess people were still working on them at midnight.

His picture was entered but had a penis in it so they removed it which sounds a little silly considering it's a fun comp.

I enjoyed the LAN as always, attendance was the only down side to this event. There wasn't as much noise either I noticed. Was there another LAN going on or something?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post May 1 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #9
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (TechL @ May 1 2012, 12:32 PM) *
QUOTE (R4N @ May 1 2012, 08:23 AM) *

His picture was entered but had a penis in it so they removed it which sounds a little silly considering it's a fun comp.

I enjoyed the LAN as always, attendance was the only down side to this event. There wasn't as much noise either I noticed. Was there another LAN going on or something?

There was an nvidia tournament that weekend which took out a large proportion of COD gamers. I would assume that was one of the reasons it was less packed this event.

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
www.com.au
post May 1 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

Had a great time, lots of fun watching the sc2 pros but the one thing for me would have been the internet limits, but ZardoZ was saying that'd be fixed next event so that's should be worth looking forward to biggrin.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Yurick
post May 2 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SaddaM @ May 1 2012, 09:42 AM) *
I can see what you're saying if the prizes you're referring to were done before midnight, however, after the midnight doorprize I could barely see anything left for first prizes let alone for a second and third.

Also to the fact that their were more random funcomps than usual, Fooseball, Costume, Rock Paper Scissors, Starcraft, Etc which could of taken priority over a valuable second/third prize.

Most likely not the actual reason, just my thoughts.

On a side note, LAN was great as per usual despite attendance.
I'd like to say though, however organized the CS:GO keys, my hats off to you good sir.

Specifically I'm referring to the Counter Strike: Source competition. Do not get me wrong, I am very happy with my CS:GO key, but it made the second place seem quite hollow when originally the only people who got the keys were first and second (to my knowledge) and then every team that entered and played got them, which basically made the second place prize null and void.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Greendonkey
post May 2 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

Missing the CSS:GG comp, apart from that everything was awesome smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Micah
post May 3 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

Weekend was great!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself thanks to everyone whos hard work makes this event possible.

One suggestion is having a bin outside for the smokers to put there butts in, i spent a good 20mins picking up all the cigaret butts from around the front door area when we where cleaning up on Sunday afternoon!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
gyix
post May 3 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

there is a bi=n for them they just dont use it think it is to hard for them

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ThirtySix45
post May 4 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

smoking is so cool, you dont wreak your rep by using a bin like a square!

--------------------
QUOTE (Ninjabreadman @ Sep 8 2009, 09:02 PM) *
respawn boasts a great 1:222 girl to guy to ratio
couldn't be more sausage

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post May 5 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #16
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (Micah @ May 3 2012, 03:06 PM) *
i spent a good 20mins picking up all the cigaret butts from around the front door area when we where cleaning up on Sunday afternoon!

I love you <3

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Elblacker
post May 7 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

Oh oh oh, and I miss when the name tags you get, actually had your player name on them, at least for the people that prepaid or confirmed back in those days. That was sweet.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
That Commander
post May 7 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

This LAN's theme "Suit Up" was the best

I suggest that a suit be a mandatory requirement for attendance to future events tongue.gif

Cheers
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post May 7 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #19
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (Elblacker @ May 7 2012, 01:44 AM) *
Oh oh oh, and I miss when the name tags you get, actually had your player name on them, at least for the people that prepaid or confirmed back in those days. That was sweet.

I know right; I still have my personalised ones hanging up on my pinboard. ;D

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chill_Penguin
post May 8 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

i made a thread with feedback but i was told that no one would read it so, i should post my feedback here.
so here it is:

sup. firstly respawn v24 was the first big lan i've been to and I loved it. I dont know why I loved it though, I guess i'm pretty casual as a gamer, I don't put much time into it, but i've got that nerdy side that spent half the time at respawn raging at stuff. Mostly it was just other people's bs, like that I destroyed the first derby stage I was in for flatout, but then the player that was hosting it somehow managed to drop out of the game (while still hosting it) and get destroyed straight away which he decided was a good reason to play the derby again and I did really bad the second time. I never would have won overall, but it still hurt to have my small victory taken away from me.
Oh and in the rock paper scissors tourney the guy I was up against, this big guy, kept trying to cheat. in rock paper scissors... like I wouldn't notice. Yeah we were the last pair to finish the first round because I kept beating him but he kept quickly changing to the right one after a few milliseconds, and then claim he won when I had won, and we had to go again because he wouldn't accept it. It got to the point where he was convinced he had 2 wins and I walked off back to my pc. So basically you will need referees for those sorta games because some people are dishonest. I don't know what the prize was but I don't like losing, especially to cheaters.

Also apparently there was a zero hour tournament, which I would of loved but never even heard them announce it and saw nothing about it in these forums or anything so I missed it at the event. Its as though you gotta be one of the people helping run the event just to know everything that is going on, actually I doubt even they know everything that's happening.

also its the first LAN i've ever been to with no AoE. We should have a tourney of that or dune 2000 or something oldschool like that. Is it just me or is generals kinda boring?

--------------------
Cocaine is a hell of a drug!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:38 PM