3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Reserving seats (and etc) Q&A
Tank
post Jul 20 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

So there's been quite a few questions lately about what to do if you are late to respawn etcetc smile.gif or if you want to save seats for friends etcetc.

let me just say that respawn does not currently have a "seat booking system" or a "seat allocation" system. Respawn LAN seating operates on a "first come, first serve" or "first in, best dressed(seated)" system. to gain best seats, or a large number of seats for friends you can arrive on time (10am on the saturday), and when you check-in, you can arrange to hold seats for friend. we can hold UNPAID seats untill 2pm ONLY.

Q: Can my friends reserve my seat?
A: Yes! if your friends pay for your seat, then you are as good as there!

Q: How will people know my seat is reserved?
A: We will print a custom reserved sign for you! and your friends can tape it to your place smile.gif

Q: When can i get my seat reserved?
A: It really makes life easier if you organise this with us before hand! PM myself and we can work it out smile.gif

Q: What if my friends can't pay for me, or I dont have friends attending, and i know i'm going to be late?
A: This depends on when you are going to arrive. Generally if you are in the top 400 players (or the maximum nuber of players for the event), and are CONFIRMED, and arrive before about 2pm, we can guarantee you a seat. After 2pmish, it's fairly free game.

Q: What if i'm confirmed, but on the waiting list? sad.gif
A: If this is the case, and you arrive before 2pm, then we hold the right to refuse you entry. After 2pm we cannot guarantee you a seat, but your chances are better. If you are coming from a long way away (Far S-E suburbs, geelong, bendigo, etc) then PM me and we can work something out. smile.gif

Q: What if my question isn't on this list, or i'm still confused?
A: Post in this thread, or PM me! i'm more than happy to answer questions smile.gif

UPDATE:
We will be updating the website main page ( www.respawn.com.au ) with a LIVE! update of how many people have checked in! This will assist you, because you will be able to see how many people are in the venue vs how many seats are left smile.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Harkonnen
post Jul 21 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

Sounds great, I'll be sure to send my bro up while I sleep in this time
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dR1ftn
post Aug 1 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

I have a few questions Mr. Tank sir! (:

1. What's the go with location, is it the Bundoora Campus or the City Campus?! =S
2. What's the go with leaving, ciggy break, do we get to duck out for a little? biggrin.gif
3. What's the file transfer rate at such lan events since this will be my first? <3
4. I CAN'T FKIN' WAIT TO GOOOOO! XD

Thanks alot sir and can't wait to be there,
adaM
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GerrySly
post Aug 1 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (dR1ftn @ Aug 1 2009, 08:10 AM) *

1. What's the go with location, is it the Bundoora Campus or the City Campus?! =S
2. What's the go with leaving, ciggy break, do we get to duck out for a little? biggrin.gif
3. What's the file transfer rate at such lan events since this will be my first? <3

adaM

1. It's the Bundoora Campus
2. You can leave whenever you want, a lot of people go to the macca's up the street or the supermarket a little bit further.
3. They use Gigabit switches and what not, so when transferring your Linux iso's you could potentially get 50 MB/s (I was getting close to that at v12 with Fedora)
4. You are on the waiting list so you'll have to confirm tonight then wait to see if you get shuffled into the 400 to go
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dR1ftn
post Aug 1 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (GerrySly @ Aug 1 2009, 10:11 AM) *

adaM

2. You can leave whenever you want, a lot of people go to the macca's up the street or the supermarket a little bit further.
3. They use Gigabit switches and what not, so when transferring your Linux iso's you could potentially get 50 MB/s (I was getting close to that at v12 with Fedora)
4. You are on the waiting list so you'll have to confirm tonight then wait to see if you get shuffled into the 400 to go

Thanks for that, even though you arn't Mr. Tank. tongue.gif

Yeah, it's gonna be a bit of a squeeze since all my 4 teammates will be there, grrrr, I bloody hope I get in ayy. =D
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GerrySly
post Aug 1 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (dR1ftn @ Aug 1 2009, 03:44 PM) *
QUOTE (GerrySly @ Aug 1 2009, 10:11 AM) *

adaM

Thanks for that, even though you arn't Mr. Tank. tongue.gif

Yeah, it's gonna be a bit of a squeeze since all my 4 teammates will be there, grrrr, I bloody hope I get in ayy. =D

Well considering there is no Mr. Tank, I thought I'd answer your q's wink.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Aug 2 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (GerrySly @ Aug 1 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Well considering there is no Mr. Tank, I thought I'd answer your q's wink.gif

laugh.gif

thanks GerrySly. Cya all at the event!

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
pexa
post Aug 4 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Tank @ Jul 20 2009, 02:14 PM) *
Q: What if my friends can't pay for me, or I dont have friends attending, and i know i'm going to be late?
A: This depends on when you are going to arrive. Generally if you are in the top 450 players, and are CONFIRMED, and arrive before about 2pm, we can guarantee you a seat. After 2pmish, it's fairly free game.

A: If this is the case, and you arrive before 2pm, then we hold the right to refuse you entry. After 2pm we cannot guarantee you a seat, but your chances are better. If you are coming from a long way away (Far S-E suburbs, geelong, bendigo, etc) then PM me and we can work something out. smile.gif

Those two statements are slightly confusing
You mention if your in top 450 players and confirmed and rockup before 2 you are guaranteed a spot, however on the next question you say that people in the waiting list (401+) arrive before 2 they are not guaranteed a spot.

So basically are confirmed people between 401 - 450 guaranteed a spot before 2pm?

Thanks in advance
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Aug 4 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (pexa @ Aug 4 2009, 10:35 AM) *
QUOTE (Tank @ Jul 20 2009, 02:14 PM) *
A: This depends on when you are going to arrive. Generally if you are in the top 450 players, and are CONFIRMED, and arrive before about 2pm, we can guarantee you a seat. After 2pmish, it's fairly free game.

Those two statements are slightly confusing
You mention if your in top 450 players and confirmed and rockup before 2 you are guaranteed a spot, however on the next question you say that people in the waiting list (401+) arrive before 2 they are not guaranteed a spot.

So basically are confirmed people between 401 - 450 guaranteed a spot before 2pm?

Thanks in advance

The numbers have been updated as the info was from the previous event smile.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
I.esus
post Aug 14 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

So the player list has now been finalized at 425.

All top 425 players are guaranteed a seat before 2pm as long as they rock up and pay?
Or is it still just 400?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Aug 14 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #11
^_^

Next event:

You're not on the waiting list, so if you rock up and pay, you're in!

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
I.esus
post Aug 14 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

Ah good, thanks.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Antycore
post Jan 3 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

Hi all

I have been to a few of these, however, my wife wants to come as well.

She does not want an extra PC slot, as she is mostly just gonna be doing work/watching movies on the laptop piggy backed off my power board.

Do I need to get her signed up and registered, or is she fine just to sit in on the laptop?

Cheers
Antycore
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Jan 3 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

One would think if she took up a spot at the table thats one less player that can sit there, please correct me admins but wouldnt a laptop also take away from the calculated power draw, if all the boards were full with pc's.

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Jan 3 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

hey Antycore,

Basically, becuase she's bringing some kind of computer, and using a seat space, and using power that's considered as a 'player spot'.

Thus she would be required to pay the entry fee of $30. (please note that this fee includes 1 x chair, Half a table, 1x power space, and 1 x network space. using up any one of these will mean that you need to pay the entry fee.)

The only people not required to pay the entry fee would be 'spectators', who are people who do not bring a computer, sit at a space, etc.

If you need me to further clarify any point, or askk further questions, please feel free smile.gif

Thanks all,

Tank
Admin of Check-in's, PLayer welfare.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Jan 5 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

Player welfare, i like it tank. Hopefully we come first/second at the next poker tournament like the last one ahha. Thats welfare for me right there :>
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Driftwo0d
post Jan 6 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Rangers @ Jan 5 2010, 01:43 AM) *
Player welfare, i like it tank. Hopefully we come first/second at the next poker tournament like the last one ahha. Thats welfare for me right there :>

Same rangers who plays on =[IL]= servers? just curious..

--------------------
"Up the creek without a paddle since 99"
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Jan 6 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

negative Driftwood, if im playing an FPS I go under sNiPes4u, Rarely use Rangers lol. I use it at lans in none FPS games haha
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Antycore
post Jan 7 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

Ok.

Thankyou for your help.

C-you guys there.

Cheers
Antycore
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Jan 8 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

At respawn lan are there any computer accesrios on for sale at this one

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:59 AM