3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> v22 Feedback Thread
silent_rock_faery
post Sep 26 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #21
Player

Next event:

Much better music. I am very pleased with this.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Prim
post Sep 27 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #22
Player

Next event:

Alright my take on it:

Music:
In all the lans so far I have not yet heard any music. Good headphones ftw. Probably should stop playing it if you are though as what one person likes, another will hate and is so different to each one.

Competitions:
Though I spent most of my lan setting up my friends computers and not actually playing games, I was waiting for announcements and checking forums for funcomps. Again as per all previous lans, the announcements are usually too late (it will start in 5 minutes - good luck downloading the game, getting settings right, and just being in the room when it happens). Definately needs to be organized a LOT better. I know you have the respawn notifier - personally i have not found it useful even once. I'm not sure if my suggestions have been taken up for this lan. On your comps list you should be able to tell WHEN certain funcomps are running, especially ones like armagetron, soldat (obviously not happening anymore), baboviolent etc. Should get the amount of people playing way up and a lot more fun. At the very least let us know an hour before it is happening so we can prepare/practice.

Also, at one stage you mentioned you were handing out door prizes, though no names were called at all?

Internet:
Very good job this time around. I could do almost anything on the internet - i assume it was for the SC2 players. If it can stay like this every time, people should not have problems with steam or minecraft or whatever anymore smile.gif

Events:
I quite liked the various events you had going, SC2 players, nitrogen cooling thingy, warcom stall etc. Keep it up.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
PaintTheStreetsInWhite
post Sep 28 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #23
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Prim @ Sep 27 2011, 03:07 PM) *
Also, at one stage you mentioned you were handing out door prizes, though no names were called at all?

They did door prizes twice... once on Saturday night and I was told they did one on Sunday afternoon too....

Loved this LAN, great work guys. Although none of us had any clue that the Gungame comp was live in server #2... maybe we're all just retarded, haha. Music was good, I really have no cons at all!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
OM NOM NOM
post Sep 28 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #24
Player

Next event:

I found this one really disappointing. agree with everything that SaddaM said.

15-20 opening delay.

Poor organising for pre-paid.

Nerfers are getting worse. I almost got shot in the eye twice.

Comps are badly organised. ( The notifier has never been useful ) and as Prim said at least an hour notification before the tournie (practice, make sure everyone is prepared) Never heard a thing about the Girls Comp on the PA. If that happened, there would of been a much higher chance of the event even happening :'(

Lack of sausage in my mouth. D:<
What happened to the Sausages at like 9-10 in the morning? and the couple of hour delay for the midnight sausage fest, was incredibly annoying. sad.gif
Respawn is famous for the mass sausage, yet you guys can't even get it right anymore.? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Things i did like was the Warcom stand, nitrogen cooling, and the Gigabyte SC2 tournament (although they were delayed) kudos to them for good organization after what happened (mugging incident) and the event was amazing. I was barely on my PC, because of the lack of activity.

Totally not worth $35

--------------------
DERP
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Worthless
post Sep 28 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #25
Player

Next event:

Every single event everyone complains about the utter uselessness of the seat booking system yet it never changes =D
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Sep 28 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #26
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (OM NOM NOM @ Sep 28 2011, 10:55 AM) *
What happened to the Sausages at like 9-10 in the morning? and the couple of hour delay for the midnight sausage fest, was incredibly annoying. sad.gif
Respawn is famous for the mass sausage, yet you guys can't even get it right anymore.? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't think they've done a breakfast sitting for a while. Alot of people tend to leave overnight I saw at v22, so I'd suspect the difficulty in catering for "unknown" numbers would lead to over supply and wasting unnecessarily.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
priorax
post Sep 28 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #27
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

( The notifier has never been useful )

The notifier is as useful as those who update it. I know that given the feedback here, from now on I'm going to try to pay close attention to the CoD4 and CS comps to make sure stuff goes out on the notifier for them (even if its just a link to a forum post with details), however I get the feeling that this will stop around the time that TF2 gets started.

As for the chick comp, because I didn't attend, I can't 100% confirm what happened with that, but I shall talk to Vot to see if we can improve it.

Competitions:
Though I spent most of my lan setting up my friends computers and not actually playing games, I was waiting for announcements and checking forums for funcomps. Again as per all previous lans, the announcements are usually too late (it will start in 5 minutes - good luck downloading the game, getting settings right, and just being in the room when it happens).

Firstly, I have a great level of respect for you, I know I would have just said "setup your own computer" after a while and sat down and gamed.
While in the past we have published a funcomp timetable, when it comes down to it, they are fun comps that are intended to be run hourly, and I'm not sure about last event, but in the past, when the winner has been given the prize, the next game has been mentioned, which gives you between 30 and 55 mins depending on what the game was to get it all setup. Also because they are fun comps, and not comp comps, they, in my oppinion, shouldn't be given a time table as it makes it seem a bit more rigid. None the less, I shall bring this up with Orbit (last time I checked he was still doing fun comps).

Thank's for the great feedback so far everyone!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Xenosis
post Sep 28 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #28
Player

Next event:

My only complaint is, Went outside for a smoke at about midnight, The guy was on the BBQ cooking the snags, i asked him if there ready or how long till there ready? He said no there not ready, Get inside sit down infront of my pc and an announcement gets made over the PA how the sausages are ready.
Pretty immature if you ask me

other then that it was my favorite respawn ever
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Vot
post Sep 28 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #29
Merch + Store Admin

Next event:

Ok, doing a mass quote-reply job here.

Door prizes are usually run twice - one on Saturday night, one Sunday afternoon (usually a couple hours before pack-up). I'm not sure why you missed the actual prize-giving, but it might be a good idea to keep an eye out for 100-odd players mingling at the front of the hall.

QUOTE (Worthless @ Sep 25 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Seating
The seat booking system to actually book your seats is, as before, a complete disaster. A forum thread is not an appropriate way to do it.
We're open to suggestions on anything better, but unless we ask someone to devote countless hours to writing and maintaining an automated system (think Cinema seat bookings) this is the way it will have to be.

Nerfers are getting worse. I almost got shot in the eye twice.
As with every event, all we can say to this is to get an idea of who shot the dart / where it came from and report them to the Admin area. We'll do our best to curb silly Nerfers, but we don't have eyes on all the hall at once. Also, I've had other reports that the Nerf issue is getting better (obviously the people saying this weren't unfortunate enough to cop stray bullets this event) so keeping us informed is even more important, because it's hard to tell if we're on top of it or not.

Never heard a thing about the Girls Comp on the PA. If that happened, there would of been a much higher chance of the event even happening :'(
I'm bummed you didn't hear this, I even got Squid to do one of his loud and exciting announcements sad.gif I'll make sure we do two next time ^^

QUOTE (tazzyface @ Sep 26 2011, 06:27 PM) *
I just wish the chick's comp was a bit more organised - I had no idea what the games were and it started late, but then I guess it is a fun comp. There probably would have been more entrants if they knew what the games were.

More girls need to enter comps though. Seriously, you don't need to come just to spy on your boyfriend or leech the latest season of Gossip Girl (seen both of these happen).
I'm sorry the chick comp was a bit of a let-down. We haven't run one for a few events and people were saying they wanted to ramp it up a bit more, so I changed the structure allowing for FPSing and supplied computers... but they were subject to a whole bunch of things that didn't go according to plan (I still don't know why Steam was saying we needed to purchase CS:S; we bought and installed 8 copies purely for the chick comp!) and so I know it wasn't all it could have been. I will continue to put more effort into this comp, and actually find the time to check everything is installed and working before next event >.>;

I also apologise for the delay - my role at Respawn calls for several things during the event and I'm afraid the chick comp was delayed by me frantically driving to several Coles to get BBQ supplies that had somehow been forgotten on the Friday. Again, this comes down to me knowing better next time.

And I agree - more girls need to game! Sitting around watching is no fun at all. We will continue to try to supply the ready-to-play PCs for the girls who've always used not having gaes or their computers not being up to speed as an excuse (tongue.gif), and for anyone for that matter.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sharks
post Sep 28 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #30
Player

Next event:

The midnight one was delayed due to the big BBQ that respawn usually use was not to be found this event and the gophers were stuck to cooking many sasuages on a small, 2 plated BBQ.

Event was good, people were more respectful this time around and I had a nice bunch of people around me.

Also, to the people who gladly stop/smile or use manners when talking to Jutzy or I on saturday morning during Traffic. Thank you. It makes the job a whole lot better when you can have a joke / remember old faces.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Worthless
post Sep 29 2011, 05:26 AM
Post #31
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Votucu @ Sep 28 2011, 07:23 PM) *
We're open to suggestions on anything better, but unless we ask someone to devote countless hours to writing and maintaining an automated system (think Cinema seat bookings) this is the way it will have to be.

I volunteered multiple times to help you guys out with one. I've already got an automated system setup for another smaller LAN and it'd take a small amount of adjustments to upscale it.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tibor
post Sep 29 2011, 05:54 AM
Post #32
Player

Next event:

You know guys you can play games without it been in a comp. Get some friends together, give out a shout on forums or to admin. No real reason to sit and wait for comps to start. Also as per delays and things not running as smoothly as you want remember the admin team dont get paid, they host this stuff for fun. If delays is such an issue to you maybe you can volunteer to help out.

As for the female comp, can you guys provide 300 or so comps so we can have a guys comp?

Also
QUOTE (Prim)
Internet:
Very good job this time around. I could do almost anything on the internet

Thats great but there were still plenty of people not logging into steam because others where using the bandwidth.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Sep 29 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #33
Hueg.

Next event:

Thanks for your comments guys/girls.

In terms of funcomps, i have taken the advice on board and we will endevour to add more funcomps to the static timetable.

As Tibor said, there is absolutely nothing stopping you guys approaching an admin or gopher and asking if we can organise a game session/funcomp for you. Keep in mind however that we do not play every game under the sun, and may ask you to do the organising yourself smile.gif

As for the announcement issue, I ask a question. How would you guys like to hear/be notified about competitions/food/other? The notifier is available on the EMS for anyone who needs it. We attempt to make regular updates/announcements about competitions over the PA. should we set up a VLC stream perhaps so you can hear announcements over headphones?

I understand that we do not advertise everything over the respawn notifier. We will endevour to rectify this next LAN (I intend to announce ALL funcomps over the notifier as well as over the PA)

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
silent_rock_faery
post Sep 29 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #34
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Votucu @ Sep 28 2011, 07:23 PM) *
And I agree - more girls need to game! Sitting around watching is no fun at all. We will continue to try to supply the ready-to-play PCs for the girls who've always used not having gaes or their computers not being up to speed as an excuse (tongue.gif), and for anyone for that matter.

I think knowing what games are being played a while beforehand. I was too embarrassed to play because I suck at nearly every game!

QUOTE (R4N @ Sep 29 2011, 10:05 PM) *
As for the announcement issue, I ask a question. How would you guys like to hear/be notified about competitions/food/other? The notifier is available on the EMS for anyone who needs it. We attempt to make regular updates/announcements about competitions over the PA. should we set up a VLC stream perhaps so you can hear announcements over headphones?

I understand that we do not advertise everything over the respawn notifier. We will endevour to rectify this next LAN (I intend to announce ALL funcomps over the notifier as well as over the PA)

I like the notifier, but I also think maybe the projector could have a running thing of notifications smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Sep 29 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #35
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (silent_rock_faery @ Sep 29 2011, 10:48 PM) *
I like the notifier, but I also think maybe the projector could have a running thing of notifications smile.gif

Prehaps an updated slideshow?

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
soulink
post Oct 14 2011, 08:55 AM
Post #36
Player

Next event:

Well thanks to zardoz at the start helping me get an old keyboard PS/2 adapter smile.gif very gratefull or my PC would nopt have been playing games that day:)
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Oct 14 2011, 04:30 PM
Post #37
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (R4N @ Sep 29 2011, 11:05 PM) *

I was just about to say, the feed from the projector with sound also pumped into a VLC Multicast stream that people can tune into would also help improve it. That way they can leave it running in the background.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Oct 22 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #38
Blame him.

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Oct 14 2011, 05:30 PM) *
QUOTE (R4N @ Sep 29 2011, 11:05 PM) *

I was just about to say, the feed from the projector with sound also pumped into a VLC Multicast stream that people can tune into would also help improve it. That way they can leave it running in the background.

This is technically not too hard, and may warrant experimentation.

--------------------
http://www.prolapsoft.com - Wolfmother's AV & Net Software
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mast3r_illu5iv
post Oct 23 2011, 01:34 PM
Post #39
Player

Next event:

No major complaints here. Once again it was a well run event, most of the comments im about to make a pretty trivial anyway.

Seat bookings are still hard to get around. I had to look through a few pages to see if I had my preferred seat booked, although I do appreciate how hard it would be to organise.

Music was fine, If an average song came on, headphones went on.

I was sitting closer to the door this time and kept getting plumes of cigarette smoke blowing in, can the smokers either close the door of move away a bit?

Nerf gunner on the other hand I find hilarious, I have been hit a few times, but its all in good fun and ads to the atmosphere. I was keeled over on laughter at times!

The guy wrapped up in the WARCOM tape = funny as hell!

I still haven't managed to get in a photo either, do a bit more of a walk around and take some happy snaps.

How about a Poker table for beginners?? I have never played it and would love to learn!!
Or a Nerf target contest? ( I dont have a Nerf gun but it would keep the gunners amused for a bit)

Other than that, well done on another event!! smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
soulink
post Oct 30 2011, 09:01 AM
Post #40
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (mast3r_illu5iv @ Oct 23 2011, 02:34 PM) *
No major complaints here. Once again it was a well run event, most of the comments im about to make a pretty trivial anyway.

Seat bookings are still hard to get around. I had to look through a few pages to see if I had my preferred seat booked, although I do appreciate how hard it would be to organise.

Music was fine, If an average song came on, headphones went on.

I was sitting closer to the door this time and kept getting plumes of cigarette smoke blowing in, can the smokers either close the door of move away a bit?

Nerf gunner on the other hand I find hilarious, I have been hit a few times, but its all in good fun and ads to the atmosphere. I was keeled over on laughter at times!

The guy wrapped up in the WARCOM tape = funny as hell!

I still haven't managed to get in a photo either, do a bit more of a walk around and take some happy snaps.

How about a Poker table for beginners?? I have never played it and would love to learn!!
Or a Nerf target contest? ( I dont have a Nerf gun but it would keep the gunners amused for a bit)

Other than that, well done on another event!! smile.gif

HMMM, i think it is time to design a seat booking template that you can actually click and confirm yourself without needing an admin to edit the map.. HMM CODING TIME smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:26 AM