Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> v8 wrap-up
Zardoz
post Jul 10 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #1
Respawn LAN big kahoona

Next event:

We hope that everyone who rocked up had a fantastic time. We've fully recovered (most of us!) and planning for the next event is already underway. Photos are now uploaded for those who have been patiently waiting.

To improve things somewhat for the next event we will be very strict about reigstrations and confirmations. This is so that we're not running around at the last minute trying to find extra seats for people - but we must say, this has been the biggest Respawn event yet!

A big thankyou to all those who helped out, the gophers, the admins - and everyone who pitched in and gave us a hand when we needed it - this stuff doesn't go unnoticed.

Onto the competition winners - a big thumbs-up to our sponsors ThermalTake and Centre Com for making this possible. We also applaud Centre Com for the great job they did at providing PC hardware and accessories (such as network cables) throughout the event - a fabulous effort!

Counter-Strike Source 5v5: ZR $500 cash
Counter-Strike Source GunGame: Cheeser ThermalTake Ruby Orb CPU cooler
Call of Duty 4: Inertia $250 cash
Worms World Party: 1st: Snowman who won a Z2 Laser Mouse
Flatout 2: 1st Oohms, 2nd: Lotuk, 3rd: Dead_Man
Real Life PONG: 1st: DJ Damon (lge mushroom) second: Spite (sml mushroom)
Warcraft III 1v1: Ors $150 cash
Warcraft III DOTA 5v5: Melbourne Elite $250 cash
Case Mod Competition: Slov - THermalTake Magic Sound PC cooler

Door Prizes:
Z2 Laser mouse: Holdenrulz
Xazer bag: Spite
Wolfmother: Empty Box
Z2 Laser Mouse: Sarge
Netspace Shirt/Mini Shroom: Vaash
Wolverine Keyboard: Scryer
Xaser Case: Goose (this would have been mang had he not left on the Saturday!)
Lanyards: Zed, eskymobob and others

Once again, a big thanks.

Some of us are descending upon the BELGIAN BEER CAFE EUREKA for some beers on Saturday night (12th July) from about 7PM onwards - all are welcome!

Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Vortex Vandel
post Jul 10 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #2
Gopher

Next event:

Thanks to all that helped out with the set up and dismantling of the network.

Notable features of this release where:

full fiber to all tables except the latte (annex area), hey you people came late tongue.gif.
Redundant fiber to each of the far tables (As far as I know we had to use it at least once or twice,See it _wasen't_ a waste of time/effort Zardoz).
2 fiber modules to the sub vip table and the usual 3 or 4 to the main vip table.
90% or so of the fiber was used (the remaining was dodgy stuff I'd only ever give cs kiddies). Big thanks to Mini for letting us use a bunch of _good_ and _new_ quality fiber.
Allmost no power issues this time (again thanks Mini), except for a pin that Mini and I found, that decided to want to keep us warm (it was melting the plug a little ;/ )
The apple ][e I brought decided to become a smoke machine :/ (don't worry it still works) as a result I had to turn it off early. Perhaps I should have cleaned it out a little before turning it on after a few years wink.gif
My new Dlink 530blahblahT or what ever gigabit card I bought from Centre Com Bit me sad.gif as a result I had to trim the quite sharp pins off the circuit board.. not a bad card though. was doing 55MB/s while downloading OPEN source ISO'S from my other pc (the box I put the card in isen't the best so 55MB/S is a good speed)
Staying awake for approx 48hrs then getting 1hrs sleep then staying awake for another 16ish,drinking ~5 or 6 red eyes and pokka iced tea.consuming a few packets of pocky.
Watching initial D just before the comp to get that edge. Too bad there are no gutters in Flatout 2 sad.gif
setting up

Thanks to Mang(ahnang) who helped about 80% of the times I asked him to tongue.gif
Dead man and goose who helped with interiour decorating (helped move a dodgy concertina door thing) and generally just helped out when needed.
Tank who ploughed her way through untangling cables.
Ceno who also helped with the highly skilled job of holding cables while sitting down at the core routers.

And as usual a whole HEAP of others I just can't remeber :/

Packing up
Every one left over who packed up. good job.

QUOTE (Zardoz @ Jul 10 2008, 08:44 AM) *
We hope that everyone who rocked up had a fantastic time. We've fully recovered (most of us!) and planning for the next event is already underway. Photos are now uploaded for those who have been patiently waiting.

To improve things somewhat for the next event we will be very strict about reigstrations and confirmations. This is so that we're not running around at the last minute trying to find extra seats for people - but we must say, this has been the biggest Respawn event yet!

A big thankyou to all those who helped out, the gophers, the admins - and everyone who pitched in and gave us a hand when we needed it - this stuff doesn't go unnoticed.

Onto the competition winners - a big thumbs-up to our sponsors ThermalTake and Centre Com for making this possible. We also applaud Centre Com for the great job they did at providing PC hardware and accessories (such as network cables) throughout the event - a fabulous effort!

Counter-Strike Source 5v5: ZR $500 cash
Counter-Strike Source GunGame: Cheeser ThermalTake Ruby Orb CPU cooler
Call of Duty 4: Inertia $250 cash
Worms World Party: 1st: Snowman who won a Z2 Laser Mouse
Flatout 2: 1st Oohms, 2nd: Lotuk, 3rd: Dead_Man
Real Life PONG: 1st: DJ Damon (lge mushroom) second: Spite (sml mushroom)
Warcraft III 1v1: Ors $150 cash
Warcraft III DOTA 5v5: Melbourne Elite $250 cash
Case Mod Competition: Slov - THermalTake Magic Sound PC cooler

Door Prizes:
Z2 Laser mouse: Holdenrulz
Xazer bag: Spite
Wolfmother: Empty Box
Z2 Laser Mouse: Sarge
Netspace Shirt/Mini Shroom: Vaash
Wolverine Keyboard: Scryer
Xaser Case: Goose (this would have been mang had he not left on the Saturday!)
Lanyards: Zed, eskymobob and others

Once again, a big thanks.

Some of us are descending upon the BELGIAN BEER CAFE EUREKA for some beers on Saturday night (12th July) from about 7PM onwards - all are welcome!

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SnoMan
post Jul 11 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

btw fellas, as much as i kicked ass in wwp i unforunately suiceded to hurry the game because i needed to pack up, i did however rage afterwards cos i was waitin around for another 30mins anyway ffs X( so yes that mouse should have been mine but it wasnt- so your winnings list needs an update sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jul 11 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #4
Hueg.

Next event:

so wanted to play wwp... phear my ninja skills at V9 bitches!!!

R4N

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
neon
post Jul 12 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

It was a very enjoyable lan. Any word on when V9 ill be? That lan had me itching for more.

Cant wait to see you all at V9.

--------------------
.:neon:.

---> http://www.sanlan.com.au <--- Mornington Peninsula LAN Party!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tofuboi
post Jul 12 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Vortex Vandel @ Jul 10 2008, 11:08 PM) *
Watching initial D just before the comp to get that edge. Too bad there are no gutters in Flatout 2 sad.gif

shoulda just spoken to me about it tongue.gif apparently according to r4n and others im the initial d knowledge box. (if you didnt know who i was, bigish guy, brown shirt, jeans, had the red video camera, hung around r4n alot.) tongue.gif

also to everyone else, it was a great lan and I really enjoyed it! and im also happy that Zardoz enjoyted my 'Lost - The Game' printout i did for him at work... I saw him use it quite a bit! biggrin.gif

V9 - Here we come!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Troll
post Jul 15 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

Zero Remorse - www.zero-remorse.net

Would like to thank all those who helped and organised this event. Never seen the hall packed so tight even since the Shafted days!! Keep up the good work and we will make sure that we "confirm" early next itme biggrin.gif
Special thanks to Zardoz for fixing our buggy switch.

Cheers
Troll

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jul 15 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

yea good LAN, enjoyed myself heaps but need to get more sleep next time.

should have the next server for LAN by then hopefully (dual Quad xeons and 16gb ram)

apart from that was uber fun.

and next time zardoz needs to register or he doesnt get entry

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Harkonnen
post Jul 16 2008, 01:15 AM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

I'm currently building a portable media server - 6 sata HDD's in a modded thermaltake lanbox
Should have at least a few TB's to share by V9 (150gb bandwidth p/m ftw).

Any chance I can get this sitting on a vip or priority table or whatnot for extra fast sharing? I'm happy to pay double entry for two computers.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
neon
post Jul 19 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Harkonnen @ Jul 16 2008, 01:15 AM) *
I'm currently building a portable media server - 6 sata HDD's in a modded thermaltake lanbox
Should have at least a few TB's to share by V9 (150gb bandwidth p/m ftw).

Any chance I can get this sitting on a vip or priority table or whatnot for extra fast sharing? I'm happy to pay double entry for two computers.

Gota love the freeware and open source sharing...

Anyways - send an email, or PM Zardoz, or jump on IRC, as he has power of choosing who gets VIP rights.

--------------------
.:neon:.

---> http://www.sanlan.com.au <--- Mornington Peninsula LAN Party!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:07 AM