Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DArenberg
post Jun 3 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #82
Player

Next event:

I'll trade ya my heap of shit Razer Tranny.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jun 5 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #83
Hueg.

Next event:

(cleaned thread)

Sigh.

I've said it once, and i will say it again giarus
STOP THREAD CRAPPING
KEEP POSTS ON TOPIC

If you want to just have a chat, use the spam forum or MSN.

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
deano
post Jun 9 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #84
Player

Next event:

i vote sponsored players be banned from comps.

i mean honestly, respawn and sponsors seem to be paying/donating goods to a bunch of fucking ingrates who are the minority of players that come to these events. I would rather see all of the prizes on offer given as a series of door prizes or for fun comps with the main comp winners getting some free food or something.

fletchdawg: you should be ashamed of yourself. the actual 12 year old kid in this thread has better manners than you, as far as i am concerned you can go fuck yourself with all that razer gear you so dearly love.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Jun 9 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #85
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (deano @ Jun 9 2010, 06:17 PM) *
i vote sponsored players be banned from comps.

i mean honestly, respawn and sponsors seem to be paying/donating goods to a bunch of fucking ingrates who are the minority of players that come to these events. I would rather see all of the prizes on offer given as a series of door prizes or for fun comps with the main comp winners getting some free food or something.

fletchdawg: you should be ashamed of yourself. the actual 12 year old kid in this thread has better manners than you, as far as i am concerned you can go fuck yourself with all that razer gear you so dearly love.

The sponsors give us the prizes for the specific comps, we are unable to use the prizes for other things. Tt eSports have also given us some prizes for a door prize smile.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
deano
post Jun 9 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #86
Player

Next event:

That's fair enough.

My main point is I would like to see less emphasis on "serious competition" and more towards players having fun in general.

I hate it how these serious competitions seem to be dominated by a select bunch of ingrates who generally leave after the competition anyway. The only contribution I see from a lot of these players are screaming matches with unwanted testosterone and anger flying around. CSS for instance is like a flame dickheads seem to be drawn to. Do i really need to point out previous incidents with that competition at respawn/shafted? (even big day in IIRC)

At least with more emphasis on some great prizes (mind you, i consider a couple of cans of drink or a free pizza a great prize. that thermaltake lanbag I won a while back was absolutely awsome biggrin.gif), not only would it nuture more friendly competition but it would be accessible to a greater percentage of the player base - not just the select few with twitch speeds as fast as their mood swings.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Jun 9 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #87
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (deano @ Jun 9 2010, 07:12 PM) *
My main point is I would like to see less emphasis on "serious competition" and more towards players having fun in general.

That's why we run both prized comps and fun comps. It gives the "serious players" a chance to scream at each other, while the people who want a fun game of something with almost nothing at stake can play in seperate competitions.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
deano
post Jun 9 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #88
Player

Next event:

But that is my point, I would like to see less major prizes for the serious competitions and more for the other competitions, or possibly just an even distribution of the prizes - with the emphasis on major prizes to be won that pretty much everyone has a good chance of winning in one way or another. I mean how about a keyboard for someone that wins the tron competition? Seems fair.

I understand your hands are tied as to how sponsor prizes are to be allocated but I see very little point in aggravating stupid ingrates with awesome prizes when they don't seem to contribute to the friendly and social atmosphere than lans are all about. It would be great if the sponsors could see it this way sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jun 10 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #89
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (deano @ Jun 9 2010, 07:41 PM) *
But that is my point, I would like to see less major prizes for the serious competitions and more for the other competitions, or possibly just an even distribution of the prizes - with the emphasis on major prizes to be won that pretty much everyone has a good chance of winning in one way or another. I mean how about a keyboard for someone that wins the tron competition? Seems fair.

I understand your hands are tied as to how sponsor prizes are to be allocated but I see very little point in aggravating stupid ingrates with awesome prizes when they don't seem to contribute to the friendly and social atmosphere than lans are all about. It would be great if the sponsors could see it this way sad.gif

Aside from CS:S and COD4 which are as you said pro competitions. The rest of the major prize draw is quite accessible.
HL2DM, UT2k4 tron and flatout 2 are examples of competitions that get massive attention during the event, but can be enjoyed by casual players as well as hardcore gamers.

AFK comps will be making a massive return this lan. Tank will be assisted by a few people to ensure that there is always plenty on for the casual gamer smile.gif

I personally agree with you 100% deano, in that respawn is here for everyone, not just the gaming elite. Which is why we have funcomps, AFK comps, and many other attractions that make our events different from many other lans, who focus primarily on pro gaming.

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jinky
post Jun 10 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #90
Player

Next event:

We need a DiRT 2 comp biggrin.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:36 PM