> V20 Feedback Thread
Jen
post Apr 21 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #81
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (dylan85 @ Apr 21 2011, 03:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Terajiogga @ Apr 18 2011, 09:10 PM) *
- Car parking arrangements have definitely improved substantially - to those revving their car's in the car park in their family-sedan XR6's and the like, you have no idea how much of an idiot you guys look. I get you're excited, but revving your cars? Just silly >.<

that was me lol trying to warm the stupid heater up, had someone else in the car bitching about being cold

Please be mindful of the residents near by. When you rev your engine it causes questions to be asked. That said I wouldn't have expected revving to have done much more, since you have to wait until the water warms up also.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spatian116!
post Apr 21 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #82
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Apr 20 2011, 06:13 PM) *
QUOTE (+++ @ Apr 18 2011, 08:30 PM) *
- Lack of hotdogs? I was told they didnt have any left >:( so I settled with a Steak & Cheese Pie (<3)

- The first sausage sizzle.... I like the concept, but I spoke to probably 5 different people, who all confirmed my suspicions that they weren't cooked properly. Everybody I asked (with the exception of the 6th one) said they had gotten a stomach ache, and that they HAD eatten a sausage. The 6th person HADN'T eatten a sausage and didnt get a stomach ache.

-Hotdogs: Sadly our hotdog machine became incontienent and wet its pants all over its power board. So for safety and to protect the players, it was decided to abandon the hotdogs. We apologise for that and I have an action item to resolve this for the next event given the huge popularity for the hot dawgs.

-BBQ: Can you tell me if it was the midnight or morning BBQ? This concerns me greatly and I'd really like to know more so I can go back to the core admin team with information and an action plan to resolve this one.

QUOTE (Worthless @ Apr 19 2011, 07:24 PM) *
QUOTE (Bilbin @ Apr 18 2011, 09:44 PM) *
A lot of awesome stuff being shared and hilarious when some guy rage quitted 'the file sharing program' after being called out for sharing CP.

Thought someone was just talking shit in chat. That's disgusting. Why was this not reported to the police and said person ejected? AFP would love to know about it.

We do not support DC++, we do not run DC++. That said if you felt something needed to be addressed, come to the front and speak to a member of the admin team. If the action warranted escalation to the police, then it would be dealt with swiftly and without delay. We can't do anything if you don't come and tell us.

I liked the BBQ smile.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Apr 22 2011, 05:14 AM
Post #83
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Apr 21 2011, 08:26 PM) *
QUOTE (dylan85 @ Apr 21 2011, 03:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Terajiogga @ Apr 18 2011, 09:10 PM) *
- Car parking arrangements have definitely improved substantially - to those revving their car's in the car park in their family-sedan XR6's and the like, you have no idea how much of an idiot you guys look. I get you're excited, but revving your cars? Just silly >.<

that was me lol trying to warm the stupid heater up, had someone else in the car bitching about being cold

Please be mindful of the residents near by. When you rev your engine it causes questions to be asked. That said I wouldn't have expected revving to have done much more, since you have to wait until the water warms up also.

Um Jeffy what water are you talking about? Please explain. Also revving your engine may get it warmer quicker but it is not the right thing to do because it can cause damage to your engine when it's cold. Best way for your car to warm is to let it sit or drive it normally.

Srsly Jeffy explain water please :S
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DArenberg
post Apr 22 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #84
Player

Next event:

HAHAHAH Ranger Srsly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heater_core

Did you think you had a gas fire under the hood?

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLy
post Apr 22 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #85
Player

Next event:

i wish i could *like* posts. so many derps here lol
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Apr 22 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #86
Player

Next event:

Silly rangers.... Silly silly boy!

Darenberg: He has a fake gas log fire in his car thats why... silly commodore drivers.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dashdash
post Apr 22 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #87
Player

Next event:

bad, loud music during the cod4 semifinals made us not able to hear any comms on ts
and guys. PLEASE TAKE A SHOWER OR USE SOME DEODORANT!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Elblacker
post Apr 22 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #88
Player

Next event:

I understand that you can't cater to 400 peoples music taste which is why I think there should be no music, as people can play their own music accordingly. But all in all a good lan me thinks.

'Cause I was underneath a speaker and hat music pissed me off so much.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DArenberg
post Apr 22 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #89
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Apr 22 2011, 12:54 PM) *
Silly rangers.... Silly silly boy!

Darenberg: He has a fake gas log fire in his car thats why... silly commodore drivers.

Ahhhh explains a lot

QUOTE (dashdash @ Apr 22 2011, 02:20 PM) *
bad, loud music during the cod4 semifinals made us not able to hear any comms on ts
and guys. PLEASE TAKE A SHOWER OR USE SOME DEODORANT!

Haha that's a new excuse lost then?

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Apr 22 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #90
Player

Next event:

My bad. Its the engine bay heat which is caused by that
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dekar
post Apr 25 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #91
Player

Next event:

gotta say, with all the steam/internet problems, and an update being released on the morning of the tournament (sigh), priorax did an amazing job running tf2, props to him!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Apr 26 2011, 02:33 AM
Post #92
Power Gopher

Next event:

what happened to the old upload a song to the play list on the ems ?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Wombie
post May 4 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #93
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (7-11 @ Apr 18 2011, 09:00 AM) *
Secondly: Fights or close fights. The first fight was early in the night when a girl who was known by the admins and had only turned up to chat it looked like started calling 3 patrons playing WOW with each other, faggets and started insulting them. I for one think this person should no longer be invited back, that is not cool. While i may agree with her statement, i have played the games b4, they can be fun and the people came to leach and play games with mates, they were doing that, good on them. Also, these 3 people LEFT respawn after that point and i DOUBT they will be returning, thanks to someone who DIDN't Pay.

Just thought i'd clear this baby up (haven't read through all 5 pages so if im repeating sorry!)
I noticed ONE guy playing wow and i said "Why did you come to lan if all you wanted to do was play WoW" the guy didn't even hear me! and three other guys from further up the line (who weren't playing WoW) arked up, i dropped it and they kept going.
And don't worry i haven't lanned in years, *IF* i come back it'll be to say hi to my friends and nothing more, as it's been since V10 or so.

Edited to ad: I've never been to a more agressive LAN, regardless of the incident involving me i noticed a lot of angry people, more than the usual NO HE SHOT ME IN CS anger too. Don't know what the go was, or if it was just the annual celebration of the man-period or what. As someone who enjoys a bit of trolling it's dissapointing to see people taking it SO seriously. Chill out guys, you're there to have fun, who cares what 1 or 2 other people in a room of 400 think of you or what you play?

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Alioth
post May 4 2011, 07:24 PM
Post #94
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Wombie @ May 4 2011, 04:41 PM) *
"Why did [I] come to lan if all [I] wanted to do was...say hi to my friends and nothing more.

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post May 4 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #95
Player

Next event:

Thank you all for the feedback.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Wombie
post May 5 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #96
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Alioth @ May 4 2011, 10:24 AM) *
QUOTE (Wombie @ May 4 2011, 04:41 PM) *
"Why did [I] come to lan if all [I] wanted to do was...say hi to my friends and nothing more.

I see your point, but i didn't pay $35 for entry to do the same thing i'd be doing elsewhere. ;D

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post May 5 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #97
Player

Next event:

Abusing people?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post May 5 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #98
Player

Next event:

Hi Guys,

Given what appears to be now trolling on the feedback thread, I'm going to close this one down. Thank you everyone who has provided valuable feedback to the gophers, team leaders and admins to help make the event more awesome.

Cheers

Jeffy

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:10 PM