Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOGC - 11 June 2011, A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED LAN
Jen
post May 1 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hi Yall,

Still in Sydney as I write this, I had the pleasure of attending SOGC this weekend. I have never had so much fun at a lan. The guys who run it are a very casual and approachable group. It started when I arrived at 6:30pm to give them a hand plus check out their setup, which is WAYYYY smaller.

Saturday morning one of their common players turns up with 2 mini trikes, (See the image) and then when the top 2 finished flat out 2, they decided to settle the score with a trike race down the hill... (see the video here).

The TF2 match that I played at the end of the LAN had most of the guys including admins playing aswell. It was "whoever had the highest score win" but then turned into a serious match of various kinds with lots of yelling, clapping and fun.

All in all I'd highly recommend that as many of us invade their next event JUNE 11...

How do I find out more? CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE

Want to see some more photos? CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS I TOOK

Cheers

Jeffy

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
priorax
post May 1 2011, 09:58 PM
Post #2
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

Considering a decent percentage of the div 1 Ozfortress players are from Sydney ((from what I can tell), hence why OZFLan was in Sydney), I am not at all surprised the TF2 match was massive.

Glad to hear you had/are having fun though.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post May 2 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

How did you get thurr? I'd go interstate for a lan, but FUUUCk the idea of driving
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post May 2 2011, 08:38 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

I flew with Qantas, the spirit of Australia. The flight only had a "minor" technical issue when the wing fell off, was fixed with lego, crazy glue and an occy strap.

Driving is only about 7-8 hrs roughly.

Flying means laptop lan.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
phrostyboi
post May 2 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

it would seem from the pics that all the worms players didnt like zardoz that night tongue.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:27 AM