5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> V20 Feedback Thread
wombat
post Apr 17 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Dude, v20 LAN appeared to be kinder unorganised. The competitions I did not hear or where not presented as well as they should. People were also getting up all over the place receiving prizes? Still had a fantastic time.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SaddaM
post Apr 17 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

The competitions were unorganized because steam decided to update the most commonly played games on the day, as well as the client itself which pretty much everyone at the venue had.

Not to mention they had staff running around attempting to fix the issues as fast as they could.

Was a good spawn.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post Apr 17 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

No sc1 comp?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Apr 17 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

Hey Yall,

By now your back at home, looking at that pile of gear you took going "i really cbf putting that back on my desk, i'll deal with it in 3-6 months" (i know i am, and deliberately ignoring the pile of junk in my boot also).

So you lanned, you played some games, tried to win a comp and then nommed on food/drink.

Tell us what you think? Both the good and the bad. Tell us the "10-4 of the event" from your eyes.
Don't go breaking our hearts <3 we're gentle people with feelings too wink.gif

Do you have a super awesome idea that would make Respawn more awesome?

Tell us all right down below! (press reply)!

Thank you!

Jeffy

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Worthless
post Apr 17 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

Oh my GOD!

The music! What was with the 3 second long technoloop.mp3 playing for the ENTIRE LAN?

Drove me mental. I'd rather listen to Rebecca Black on repeat.

My ears need to be soaped out.

Other than that, very good experience.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TechL
post Apr 17 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

Competitions seemed a little unorganised this time around. How many 'fun comps' were there exactly? The only one I remember is the MS Paint one. If there wasn't much, maybe there should be more?

Other than that I had a good amount of fun as usual.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spatian116!
post Apr 17 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

It was my first but it was pretty awesome. I plan on going again.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Apr 17 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #8
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (TechL @ Apr 17 2011, 10:41 PM) *
How many 'fun comps' were there exactly? The only one I remember is the MS Paint one. If there wasn't much, maybe there should be more?

All three regular fun comp organisers were absent this LAN. Attempts were made to organise contingency plans without putting an unreasonable extra load on our already busy team, but unfortunately there was very little interest in helping out. sad.gif

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Guni
post Apr 17 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

Steam was a slut and again that is not the fault of the Admin team it is valves.

Unfortunately all the comps got delayed but i assumed this would be the case as it most always is. I ended up playing in COD4 and had no clue as it was the first time ive ever played COD4 Competitive, still came 3rd >:). One thing i wasnt impressed about was the fact that there was no lights out..... it was fucking 4am and still no lights out, wtf!!

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mae
post Apr 17 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

steam made the comps very unstable. after getting it working though.. i was surprised how fast it ran afterwards, so props to mrt and deadman for coordinating it after (:

winning the source comp was fun (: very happy with the new headphones biggrin.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TechL
post Apr 18 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

I don't remember them ever turning off the lights...
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ThirtySix45
post Apr 18 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

I enjoyed having the lights on the whole event. Though I did sleep for about 4 hours. Loudest snoring from a female ever up there to btw. Network was good as usual, great job to the guys who set it up every time.

Dominated Tron, had some great battles though. Admins were definitely stressed out so cant blame them for any short comings. As always I had a great time and im already looking forward to the next.

--------------------
QUOTE (Ninjabreadman @ Sep 8 2009, 09:02 PM) *
respawn boasts a great 1:222 girl to guy to ratio
couldn't be more sausage

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Apr 18 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

Everything was amazingly awesome, the admin team did a great job as per usual.

sando did a great job at attempting to get the net back up. good job sando. smile.gif

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
priorax
post Apr 18 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #14
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

My personal thanks go out to Jeffy, who tried really hard to get the TF2 comp running as soon as he could. It was greatly appreciated.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
pace282
post Apr 18 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

I found this to be a most underwhelming respawn lan. If this event is any indication it is quickley going the way of shafted. Bit of a shame. The polaristation of the 4 groups at the lan was not a good sign.

Admins: Just seemed to do there thing and help who was in trouble.

Pro Gamers: Not a real fan of these polo shirt types at a lan if i see more showing up it will be the death of respawn.

Casual Gamer: They looked like they were enjoying a wide range of games. Did not see to many comps run for them bit of a shame as they are the majority type for the lan. I saw Flatout tron and UT run for them Sat night and quake3 run sun morning with like 8 people. If these ppl are not looked after I wonder how long the lan will last.

Leechers: Well we leeched and had a good time network was fast and stable. Not much of a incentive for us to play any of the casual games. Might be a good idea to give prizes away at random for the Casual Comps and not simply for first place to try and get us to play some games.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Shub0xx
post Apr 18 2011, 11:57 AM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

Just out of curiousity, was every seat filled at v20, or was there some empty spaces (not including prepaid seats). I was all set to attend, but a death in the family put a dampener on that.

Just wondering what needs to happen to entice more people to come along.

--------------------
--Shub0xx
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Worthless
post Apr 18 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

Absolutely what about us gamers (you know, the majority of Respawn) who game for fun and not competitively? Sorry, I don't play CoD 24/7 so I can "pwn n00bs".

The pro team came, made a fuckload of noise, and left when they got their money. No input to Respawn whatsoever.

The biggest problem was of course at 3am the lights were on and all anyone could hear was UNST UNST UNST UNST UNST from the looped 3 second music clip.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
david.m
post Apr 18 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

Music was rubbish, people clearly did not like it so why was it kept going?

The whole event i had to keep one eye on the fools with those nerf guns so i did not cop one in the eye.

Average event.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
meowface
post Apr 18 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Shub0xx @ Apr 18 2011, 11:57 AM) *
Just out of curiousity, was every seat filled at v20, or was there some empty spaces (not including prepaid seats). I was all set to attend, but a death in the family put a dampener on that.

Just wondering what needs to happen to entice more people to come along.

I came at 6PM after I finished work with my brother, and I had to wait about 15 minutes before I could get 2 adjacent seats, there was only maybe 3-4 single seats left in the venue at that time. Thanks to the girl that left when she did sitting next to priorax, you saved the LAN for my brother and I lol biggrin.gif

It's a shame about the steam issues.. valve like to be inconvenient pricks don't they with regards to respawn heh, aside from that there were no issues in getting any games going, the SC2 was nice on Sunday afternoon - I'm hoping next time if people want to play SC2 that they bring their 3G sticks beforehand and something can be organised earlier smile.gif (or the unthinkable happens and blizzard implement lan mode hah)

I may be alone or in the minority in this but a "no bloody screaming out loud at the top of your voice after 3am" rule would be nice, trying to get a few hours of shuteye above the lan was a little difficult thanks to a select few, maybe next time I'll just bring earplugs

The BBQ was excellent as usual, starting up at just the right times, thank you guys smile.gif

This is nothing on the running of the event but just a personal observation on the respawn crowd - the chat in the file program that shalt not be named was (unsurprisingly?) infantile and ridiculous, but with people getting riled up about it was really, really stupid imo. I have never seen this at any other lans I've been to in 8 years, although its been close to 18 months since I've been to a respawn- people actually threatening eachother with violence and even acting on it, can't you guys treat each other with a bit more respect and a bit less animosity? (hint to the server runner: implement some wordfilters or something :/) (real admins: don't take this criticism to heart)

Power and network were top notch as usual
I may or may not add to this later but these are my thoughts on this weekends lan, thanks for the well run event smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post Apr 18 2011, 04:07 PM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

file server chat is the best thing about Respawn.

Polo shirt professionals are definate mood dampeners too. They remind me of the bad guys in a sporting movie.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 AM