Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DOTA/HON AT REPSAWN, bring the tourny back!
Dota!
Should be bring back Dota?
yes [ 6 ] ** [50.00%]
no [ 2 ] ** [16.67%]
run League of Legends instead! [ 4 ] ** [33.33%]
If we brought back dota could you field a whole team?
yes [ 5 ] ** [41.67%]
no [ 7 ] ** [58.33%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Genoxell
post Mar 10 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

BRING BACK SOME HON/DOTA TOURNIES!. srsly respawn lan dies off around 12midnight we need something going from like 4 or 5pm to 3am etc. im pretty sure alot of people will wanna HON/DOTA lan tournie.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Genoxell
post Mar 10 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Genoxell @ Mar 10 2011, 11:35 AM) *
BRING BACK SOME HON/DOTA TOURNIES!. srsly respawn lan dies off around 12midnight we need something going from like 4 or 5pm to 3am etc. im pretty sure alot of people will wanna HON/DOTA lan tournie.

also if people already play HON find me in channel zerg or just add me Genoxell_
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 10 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

HON isnt LAN playable without an internet connection from memory. This makes it difficult (not impossible) to get going. I seem to recall a certian asian admin doing some magic with the firewall last time in relation to HON (or LOL i cant remember). Dota is a possibility, there shouldnt be any issues with getting some of that running.
What map version do you use? the latest? I havent played DOTA in ages (I've been playing a bit of LOL though).
How would you like the tourney ran? Serious or just funcomp? Who will be willing to help run it?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Mar 10 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

HoN won't function without the interbutts.

DoTA sort of died off, I used to play it but have been playing LoL.
DoTA is playable.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 11 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

I dont think DOTA has died off at all. When you go for a walk around Respawn next have a look for people playing war3. you will find almost 90% of the time they are playing DOTA. The community online hasnt died by a long shot either.
I really think that it would be worth setting up a DOTA comp (or at least have a few organised games) up for next Respawn. I'm sure that people who play LOL at the moment would be fine with playing DOTA instead if they came from DOTA origonally.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Genoxell
post Mar 13 2011, 03:18 AM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (orbit @ Mar 11 2011, 02:25 PM) *
I dont think DOTA has died off at all. When you go for a walk around Respawn next have a look for people playing war3. you will find almost 90% of the time they are playing DOTA. The community online hasnt died by a long shot either.
I really think that it would be worth setting up a DOTA comp (or at least have a few organised games) up for next Respawn. I'm sure that people who play LOL at the moment would be fine with playing DOTA instead if they came from DOTA origonally.

to be very honest, if i played LoL everyone will lose every match coz i will jsut use janna with full ability power runes and 1 hit kill everyone every game. therefor LoL is pretty lame, coz the same problem was from SC2 aswell, but if cydus in melbourn can hold sc2 tournies i dont see how respawn cant get sc2/hon working properly online at lan after most people have left.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 15 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

to be very honest, if i played LoL everyone will lose every match coz i will jsut use janna with full ability power runes and 1 hit kill everyone every game. therefor LoL is pretty lame, coz the same problem was from SC2 aswell

That sounds like a challenge. tongue.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Elliot
post Mar 15 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

Dota would be awesome. No fucking lame Lol though.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Genoxell
post Mar 17 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Elliot @ Mar 15 2011, 03:49 PM) *
Dota would be awesome. No fucking lame Lol though.

lol too right bro tongue.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Genoxell
post Mar 17 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

PEOPLE WHO PLAY HON:

Join channel Zerg in hon and join my clan to start entering open tournies n try n win some money wink.gif wink.gif or add me on Genoxell_
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Glasseater
post Mar 18 2011, 07:07 AM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

Hon much better than lol its just dota with much better graphics and all those features you wish were in dota
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
PreD_
post Mar 20 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Glasseater @ Mar 18 2011, 08:07 AM) *
Hon much better than lol its just dota with much better graphics and all those features you wish were in dota

I wish there was a way we can play HoN.. apparently DotA 2 wont have LAN function either so you need to log online.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Glasseater
post Mar 20 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (PreD_ @ Mar 20 2011, 08:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Glasseater @ Mar 18 2011, 08:07 AM) *

I wish there was a way we can play HoN.. apparently DotA 2 wont have LAN function either so you need to log online.

there is there is a lan cracked version of hon
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Zantikk
post Mar 21 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

would be cool to see dotA back at Respawn.

Might get a team together if a comp comes up
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Mar 21 2011, 07:32 AM
Post #15
Hueg.

Next event:

We stopped running dota because we were getting less and less people interested in playing, and at the time there were no admins who knew how to run the tourney properly.

HoN cannot be played at respawn at this time for the following reasons (Which have been outlined in MANY threads before this one)

1. Respawn shares approx 2.5mbit of available bandwidth between 250-400 people. Most of this bandwidth gets used entirelly by steam authentication requests, as well as access that the admins need to run the lan. Until we can source a better internet link at union hall, we have to limit the amount of "Non Lan" multiplayer games we can run. HoN is one of them.

2. Respawn does not support nor condone "Lan Cracked Games". We have no way of knowing if everyone using the game has a legitimate license.

I have added a poll question asking whether people would like DoTA to return as a competition. I will have to discuss this with the competition team regardless of what the poll ends up suggesting, as our competition timetable is looking rather....full smile.gif

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Glasseater
post Mar 21 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (R4N @ Mar 21 2011, 08:32 AM) *
We stopped running dota because we were getting less and less people interested in playing, and at the time there were no admins who knew how to run the tourney properly.

HoN cannot be played at respawn at this time for the following reasons (Which have been outlined in MANY threads before this one)

1. Respawn shares approx 2.5mbit of available bandwidth between 250-400 people. Most of this bandwidth gets used entirelly by steam authentication requests, as well as access that the admins need to run the lan. Until we can source a better internet link at union hall, we have to limit the amount of "Non Lan" multiplayer games we can run. HoN is one of them.

2. Respawn does not support nor condone "Lan Cracked Games". We have no way of knowing if everyone using the game has a legitimate license.

I have added a poll question asking whether people would like DoTA to return as a competition. I will have to discuss this with the competition team regardless of what the poll ends up suggesting, as our competition timetable is looking rather....full smile.gif

well any game in those genre would be good considering we dont even really have a anything other than the fps/car racing comps anymore i mean there isnt a real strategy comp apart from in the fun comps which are the ones that get dumped when the other comps go over time
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Mar 21 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

if someone is prepared to help me run these comps (IE: you might not get to play) id be glad to try and get them running at the event.

PM me if you are interested in helping smile.gif

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
priorax
post Mar 21 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #18
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

Main reason I said I couldn't fill a team is I didn't know how many people are expected for a team...
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Genoxell
post Apr 2 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (priorax @ Mar 21 2011, 06:53 PM) *
Main reason I said I couldn't fill a team is I didn't know how many people are expected for a team...

trust me there are like at least 10 teams at respawn that play lol/dota/hon there WILL be teams and i want to dominate them all smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Apr 2 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #20
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (Genoxell @ Apr 2 2011, 04:45 PM) *
trust me[...]

Never trust someone who says "trust me" wink.gif

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:09 AM