Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> TF2 6v6 Rules
SirSquidness
post Jan 21 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #1
^_^

Next event:

These will be the rules used for TF2 6v6 at v16 and future events, unless otherwise noted

Respawn’s Team Fortress 2 Competition will be based upon the Oz Fortress Winter League Rule Set, with modifications to the structure to fit.

See http://www.ozfortress.com/showthread.php?t=35266 for the original rule set.

Changes from the OWL:SE Rule Set:
These changes are in addition to the rule set, and where there are conflicts, these rules take precedence.
    Section 1
  • The tournament will be run in a double elimination format.
    Section 2
  • All teams must register before 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the event
  • If team wishes to withdraw, they must inform the competition organiser as soon as humanly possible.
  • Players are allowed to be substituted with other paying attendees as long as they are not already in another TF2 team at the event.
    Section 3
  • Match times and maps will be dictated by competition organisers.
  • Forfeits will count as a loss.
  • A forfeit will be forced if:
  • - A team does not present themselves to the competition organiser within a certain time frame (10 minutes and two calls using the notifier application available at the LAN or the PA system) when requested
  • -A team does not connect to a server in a reasonable time frame (10 minutes and two calls using the notifier application available at the LAN or the PA system)
  • -A team cannot find all six of their players within a reasonable time frame
  • Team are allowed to play for 5 minutes missing up to one of their members before being forced to forfeit
  • -A team leaves the match before it has been won for non-technical reasons (If there is a network or power drop, the opposing team should pause the server and wait for them to rejoin - teams should consult with the organisers if they would like a rematch)
    Section 4
  • Mercenaries are allowed and must meet two criteria
  • --Must be a paying attendee of Respawn
  • --Must not be a participant in another TF2 team at the event, including teams knocked out of the tournament
  • Spectating is only allowed through SourceTV.
  • Draws are not allowed.
  • --5 point push pull maps, a golden cap should be used to determine the winner
  • --Time based maps, whoever won quicker is considered the winner
  • Section 4 should be read as it contains very relevant information, including class limits and win conditions.

SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Exploits and cheats are disallowed.

Servers are pausable.

Class limits are
  • * 1 Medic
  • * 1 Demoman
  • * 1 Heavy
  • * 1 Engineer
  • * 1 Spy
  • * 2 Scouts
  • * 2 Snipers
  • * 2 Soldiers
  • * 2 Pyros

Critical Hits: Off
Damage Spread: Off
Fixed Weapon Spreads: On
Weapon Unlocks: Thread will be updated each LAN and posted on EMS. Will be done to suit either OZFL or the latest OWL competition.

SourceTV will be recorded on the servers. Demos are not required to be recorded by the players.

The OWL:SE Rule set is licensed under the Creative Commons Attibution - noncommercial - share alike 2.5 license. More information here. Original rule set here.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
priorax
post Aug 31 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #2
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

I'm guessing if this isn't decided pre-event we will decide on the night, just ask if we are playing with the OWL3 or OWL:SE ruleset.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- SirSquidness   TF2 6v6 Rules   Jan 21 2010, 02:32 PM
- - Dekar   psst it's actually 6v6, right?   Apr 7 2010, 06:44 PM
- - SirSquidness   I ... Uh... Yeah. No idea how I managed to screw ...   Apr 7 2010, 07:02 PM
- - Fake   Are these rules being updated to the new OWL rules...   Jun 22 2010, 12:05 AM
- - priorax   Since this hasn't been discussed much. OWL3 Ru...   Jul 11 2010, 08:11 PM
- - TheTacoMan   Buff banner is banned? I can see crit-a-cola bein...   Jul 27 2010, 08:45 PM
- - priorax   I think the main reason why it's banned is tha...   Jul 27 2010, 09:06 PM
- - Lemming   are the gunboats still banned?   Aug 31 2010, 12:34 PM
|- - Lemming   QUOTE (priorax @ Aug 31 2010, 03:49 PM) I...   Sep 6 2010, 12:38 PM
|- - priorax   The current "official" TF2 rules for Res...   Sep 6 2010, 05:16 PM
- - Lemming   k well thanks for that babe!   Sep 7 2010, 02:29 PM
- - TheTacoMan   lemming is always full of shit   Sep 28 2010, 05:58 PM
- - priorax   Say, with the addition of all these new items at l...   Oct 4 2010, 08:56 PM
- - Dekar   common sense all the new items you have to pay to ...   Oct 5 2010, 12:17 AM
- - priorax   Not true, all the new items can be either crafted ...   Oct 5 2010, 03:12 PM
|- - Fake   QUOTE (priorax @ Oct 5 2010, 03:12 PM) No...   Oct 6 2010, 06:48 PM
- - TheTacoMan   I definitely think they should be banned. Especia...   Oct 6 2010, 10:01 PM
- - Guni   Are the gamestah recordings going to be up soon, i...   Oct 11 2010, 10:57 AM
- - priorax   Dear whoever was using the minisentry during the t...   Oct 11 2010, 01:18 PM
- - priorax   Allowed unlocks for OWL4: http://ozfortress.com/sh...   Dec 9 2010, 11:14 PM
- - priorax   New rule addition after last Respawn's PauseFo...   Jan 5 2011, 02:37 AM
- - priorax   Updates to the weapon ban list: http://ozfortress....   Feb 20 2011, 02:44 PM
- - priorax   RE: v21 TF2 competition Weapon unlocks: If OWL6 g...   Jun 10 2011, 09:36 PM
- - Plasia   What the heck are half of those maps?   Jun 23 2011, 10:29 PM
- - priorax   The ones that have links on them are custom ones u...   Jun 23 2011, 10:58 PM
- - priorax   While running this competition, I have generally t...   Oct 14 2011, 11:57 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:35 PM