Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Naval Fkn Combat new version 1.07
Obor
post Sep 30 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Having identified a number of gamebreaking bugs with the map I couldnt enjoy it anymore. A google search rewarded me with what I needed; a program to remove map protection. Not so straight forward though. After hours of playing around and being denied I finally finally worked out most of the bs. I can probably help out with breaking other protected maps, but this is not a tutorial. Well I don't know how to upload the map but feel free to tell me what you think.

Anyways, onto the bugs/fixes:
- The Yi Ling Dynasty was paying out their gold / no. of players on the team * 1+1/no. of players on the team
... double income for 1v1 and 120% income for 5v5.
- 388 speed ships were speed 338 and sail upgrades were as though it was 388 so they were slower than 270 speed ships in the end. Their speed has now been set at 375 and sail upgrades all reach speed 522 with no worthless ranks.
- The Pirate Xebec sold for 6250g when it could be bought repeatedly for 2500. Corrected to 1250.

The other changes made are not so much bugs as mechanics with room for improvement:
- When you kill an enemy ship, you get a bounty, but the enemy fleet also gains 150% of that bounty. This means that farming fleet ships helps your enemy. Removing this resulted in an unforgiving game where the winners kept winning. It was no fun at all, played once at V14. The compensation gold is there so that the losers dont fall behind and it is greater than the bounty to offset the exp gained.
- The same rules applied to hero kills. However, as hero kills are a mark of success and knock your enemy out of the game for a bit with no exp gain, I increased the compensation to 200% bounty. This method of determining the compensation caused more gain for those with higher lvl ships. Thus I changed it to a figure based on game time elapsed. The only problem I found was that players who got more kills early (me tongue.gif) and then died more later in the game ended up with more gold that the team who was losing already. So the time-based part of the hero death compensation is adjusted 5% for every point difference in the no. of team deaths.
- Since noone really cares about base killing vs K/D ratio, I decided to link them. The HQs have more hp to make it more of a struggle to start with. They also start with 250 armor (10 more than before) but the armor is raised by 10 when you get a hero kill and lowered by 10 when you die, 0 min, 500 max. 25 deaths difference should be very hard to obtain however since the team with the higher deaths with have a lot more gold than the other team. One unexpected thing that turned up, that I could remove with some effort but will not because I dont mind a bit of randomness is that whenever the HQ's armor is reduced, it is all removed for about 1.5 seconds.
- Since kills are more of a team effort and since the enemy are getting their compensation shared evenly, I decided to give 60% of the hero kill bounty to the fleet, to be shared with the whole team. The killer still gets over half.
- Due to repair crews being rediculously effective at higher armor, it has been suggested that crews above level 5 be removed, however I decided to create some variety and class roles by simply giving them an hour restocking time.
- Mages have had their building damage reduced to 10% from 50%. On the other hand, their cooldown has been reduced to 25 seconds (from 30).
- Freighters now drop their loot when they die. I havent tested to see whether they can pick it up again and I don't care.
- Pirate ships are slightly faster but still dead slow (210 from 203) but their hp has been increased by 33%. This puts them above the non-pirate versions and maintains the higher weapon limit, but with that speed I still wont be using one.
- Fleet ships are now a force to reckon with. They start doing 38% more damage that before, and when they upgrade (3 times at 15 minute intervals) their stats triple whereas they used to only double. They are also 30% resistant to siege now to prevent players with plenty of siege from being advantaged over others.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:13 PM