Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shitty Comp Build, P4 1.5Ghz 512MB PC133
Nucleus
post Dec 14 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

I am having a real shitty time trying to install any O/S onto this thing and it's driving me nuts. I want to install XP SP2 but all i get up to is the beggining of the core drivers and that's it. It just sits there and doesn't load anything.

I have tried switching out the ram, changing cd rom drive, different hdd and changing the cd rom and hdd to work on either of the 2 ide lines. Still nothing.

Any help would be great.

P.S. If wanted to actually look at it i would bring it to respawn in January for anyone to look at it.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TechL
post Dec 14 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

EXACT same problem I had on my mate's computer, the one I had at Giarrusso's house a couple of weekends back. So any help posted for you could work for the computer I have here as well
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Dec 15 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

I found out what it was. It was the ram after all. I should have mentioned before that the cpu fan was actually fucked on it. So I went and got a cheapy cpu fan from ebay and then it occured to me to try the ram again as it may have just been over heating earlier. Fixed it instantly. now i just need to replace the faulty stick. laugh.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Dec 15 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Nucleus @ Dec 15 2009, 01:22 PM) *
I found out what it was. It was the ram after all. I should have mentioned before that the cpu fan was actually fucked on it. So I went and got a cheapy cpu fan from ebay and then it occured to me to try the ram again as it may have just been over heating earlier. Fixed it instantly. now i just need to replace the faulty stick. laugh.gif

Just a follow up. All the ram sticks turned out fine. They mustn't have been sitting right. So in the end it's all good. But now I got a sound prob with the onboard sound. So i'll just wack a pci sound card in it.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Vortex Vandel
post Dec 16 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #5
Gopher

Next event:

QUOTE (Nucleus @ Dec 15 2009, 08:46 PM) *

Just a follow up. All the ram sticks turned out fine. They mustn't have been sitting right. So in the end it's all good. But now I got a sound prob with the onboard sound. So i'll just wack a pci sound card in it.

do you want a p4 2ghzsomthing? I have like 2 or 3 doing nothing. cbf'ed selling them. or I have an amd 2400+ I think it is? if you feel guilty $20. no case or I might beable to give you a shit one.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Dec 17 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

You actually got the shitty comp 2 work im amazed.
Now if only we would get a comp me and tech r working on 2 work then we would be fine

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Dec 17 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #7
Hueg.

Next event:

You think that comp is shitty?!

my TFTP server is a VIA Epia 833mhz Flex ATX in an aptiva case tongue.gif

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Dec 17 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (R4N @ Dec 17 2009, 11:12 AM) *

ZOMG Aptiva i had one of them back in like 1999/2000

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Dec 18 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Vortex Vandel @ Dec 17 2009, 12:25 AM) *

do you want a p4 2ghzsomthing? I have like 2 or 3 doing nothing. cbf'ed selling them. or I have an amd 2400+ I think it is? if you feel guilty $20. no case or I might beable to give you a shit one.

That's awsome thanks heaps for the offer. I'd love the p4 and a case if you do in fact have one lying about. The one I have it in atm has no hdd section. So the 10GB is sitting on the floor. About the cash thing, I don't have spare anything atm, so sorry about that. In fact ihasaflavur is paying for me. So if it's all good with you that would be great. laugh.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Dec 21 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

What's the fsb with the cpu. I might give it to my dad instead to replace his 1.7Ghz thing. His mobo only supports 400Mhz FSB.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Dec 25 2009, 12:34 AM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (R4N @ Dec 17 2009, 11:12 AM) *

You haven't seen the box i have its shitty the night we saw it

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ihasaflavur
post Dec 26 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Nucleus @ Dec 18 2009, 08:22 PM) *

That's awsome thanks heaps for the offer. I'd love the p4 and a case if you do in fact have one lying about. The one I have it in atm has no hdd section. So the 10GB is sitting on the floor. About the cash thing, I don't have spare anything atm, so sorry about that. In fact ihasaflavur is paying for me. So if it's all good with you that would be great. laugh.gif

no dice. cool.gif

--------------------
oh my pancake hammer! - Jagster
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Vortex Vandel
post Dec 30 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #13
Gopher

Next event:

yeh np. I'll bring it to the next respawn. I even got another 3ghz p4 chip :/ most are 400 or 800fsb I think. you should beable to put 800 in 400 I think.. but these will come with crappy boards. if I'm feeling nice I might give you the flakey amd box and also a chip for your dad or somthing. (yes I want rid of em).
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Jan 1 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Vortex Vandel @ Dec 30 2009, 11:16 PM) *

yeh np. I'll bring it to the next respawn. I even got another 3ghz p4 chip :/ most are 400 or 800fsb I think. you should beable to put 800 in 400 I think.. but these will come with crappy boards. if I'm feeling nice I might give you the flakey amd box and also a chip for your dad or somthing. (yes I want rid of em).

Ok done I'll bring that comp round next respawn. laugh.gif laugh.gif As for the case though i don't need one anymore because I grabbed one off a build I did for someone ages ago and gave them a real crappy 550 mhz thing with like 250mb sd ram.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Feb 6 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

Good news everybody, I finaly got a sound card for it. But that's not even working in it now. IDK WHAT IT'S PROBLEM IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sad.gif I'm getting the error code 10. Cannot start this device.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Feb 7 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #16
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (Nucleus @ Feb 6 2010, 09:37 PM) *
I'm getting the error code 10. Cannot start this device.

Wrong drivers, physically broken, or not plugged in properly.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Feb 8 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Feb 7 2010, 12:49 PM) *

Yeah I really think that it's just simply broken. Dammit a perfectly fine computer without sound. What a shame. sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Feb 9 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Nucleus @ Feb 8 2010, 02:44 PM) *

Yeah I really think that it's just simply broken. Dammit a perfectly fine computer without sound. What a shame. sad.gif

Not now since i gave u the sound card.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Feb 9 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Feb 9 2010, 11:36 AM) *
QUOTE (Nucleus @ Feb 8 2010, 02:44 PM) *

Not now since i gave u the sound card.

Yeah even with that sound card it's fucking up with the same error code.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Nucleus
post Feb 16 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

All solved. It's fully funcional now. All that it ended up being was the card must have been out dated and not compatible with XP. A newer compatible card has been installed and is now playing wonderful sound. I have even upgraded a neighbours computer with it since I fixed it. Came in good use after all..... laugh.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:29 AM