Reply to this topicStart new topic
> L4D 2 has been banned from australia ......, :( :( :( :( :( :(
Dagger
post Sep 18 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/09/heres-why...d-in-australia/

High impact violence, says the Classification Board. That’s the reason why you won’t be playing Left 4 Dead 2 when it’s released in November throughout the world…except in Australia.

This morning we broke the news that Left 4 Dead 2 had been refused classification in Australia.

By way of IGN AU and News.com.au comes a copy of the Board’s report. It says:

* The game contains violence that is high in impact and is therefore unsuitable for persons aged under 18 to play.

* It notes that this violence is “inflicted upon ‘the Infected’ who are living humans infected with a rabies-like virus that causes them to act violently”.

* The report singles out the use of melee weapons as those that “inflict the most damage” and cause “copious amounts of blood spray and splatter (sic), decapitations and limb dismemberment.. or even cause intestines to spill from the wounds”.

* In conclusion, the Board finds that the “interactive nature of the game increases the overall impact of the frequent and intense depictions of violence. This coupled with the graphic depictions of blood and gore combine to create a playing impact which is high.”

* Interestingly, the report also reveals that it wasn’t a unanimous decision and that “a minority of the Board is of the opinion that the violence is strong in playing impact and therefore warrants an MA15+ classification” instead. However, the majority voted to refuse classification.

We have contacted both EA and Valve for comment and will update you as soon as we have more information.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Oct 2 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

How come the Australian government ruins it for people who want to play these high violent games honestly they are just games not real life.

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
The Crusade
post Oct 3 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

haha it's cool. you'll just have to buy it from steam xD and besides.... australia has allowed worse games than that to be bought and played anyhow.....
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
LolSauce
post Oct 3 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (The Crusade @ Oct 3 2009, 02:08 PM) *
haha it's cool. you'll just have to buy it from steam xD and besides.... australia has allowed worse games than that to be bought and played anyhow.....

You won't be able to buy it from steam

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sando
post Oct 3 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #5
Respawn Alumni

Next event:

Even if an American gifts it to you? Worked for me with the Rockstar pack.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Oct 3 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Oct 2 2009, 12:56 PM) *
How come the Australian government ruins it for people who want to play these high violent games honestly they are just games not real life.

Giarus, The thing with violent games is that the government thinks that it can cause real life dramas, shootings, shit like that.

I dont see why they dont just bring in a R18+ Game rating, anything the film industry has the game industry should have.

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Oct 3 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #7
^_^

Next event:

Just as a FYI, non-Australians can preorder L4D2 at the moment. If you preorder, you get a baseball bat ingame.

(I believe to balance it out, if you're in game with someone who has a bat, everyone gets it).

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Oct 4 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #8
Blame him.

Next event:

I for one can sleep soundly in the knowledge that my kids aren't being exposed to dangerous red pixels and are instead safely watching something that won't scar them for life by giving them a disgustingly vapid image to aspire to, like Hannah Montana and Bratz, and playing child-safe games like the Mario series that teach kids that it's not just desirable to beat up others, it doesn't cause them any lasting injuries or upsetting consequences. Anyone who doesn't THINK OF THE CHILDREN in this matter is evil and possibly a pedophile or atheist.

--------------------
http://www.prolapsoft.com - Wolfmother's AV & Net Software
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Oct 4 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (wolfmother @ Oct 4 2009, 04:24 PM) *
I for one can sleep soundly in the knowledge that my kids aren't being exposed to dangerous red pixels and are instead safely watching something that won't scar them for life by giving them a disgustingly vapid image to aspire to, like Hannah Montana and Bratz, and playing child-safe games like the Mario series that teach kids that it's not just desirable to beat up others, it doesn't cause them any lasting injuries or upsetting consequences. Anyone who doesn't THINK OF THE CHILDREN in this matter is evil and possibly a pedophile or atheist.

Are you er serious or sarcastic?
interwebs is hard to tell.

But in all seriousness why dont they just bring in a R rating?.... is it because its too logical?

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Oct 4 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (xevious @ Oct 3 2009, 03:34 PM) *
QUOTE (GIARUS @ Oct 2 2009, 12:56 PM) *

Giarus, The thing with violent games is that the government thinks that it can cause real life dramas, shootings, shit like that.

I dont see why they dont just bring in a R18+ Game rating, anything the film industry has the game industry should have.

I Know why don't they have a R18+ rating. america has it why can't we, why do we have to suffer.

And Wolfmother who do u think u r Revert luvjoys wife. Thats why Xevious is saying that a R18+ game rating would be good, for your kids to get ahold of a game that is so violent don't you wounder how they are geting this game. Real life can be sometimes more violent then games.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Oct 4 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

I raged hard when i herd GTA4 was editied, however aparently its just one scene at the start of the game that was cut out... im not so sure.

But then again i wouldnt have been able to buy it.

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Oct 4 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (xevious @ Oct 4 2009, 06:22 PM) *
I raged hard when i herd GTA4 was editied, however aparently its just one scene at the start of the game that was cut out... im not so sure.

But then again i wouldnt have been able to buy it.

Usally if you go on wiki somtimes it tells you if the game had been edited so go have a look there if you wanna now.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Oct 4 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #13
Blame him.

Next event:

QUOTE (xevious @ Oct 4 2009, 06:15 PM) *
Are you er serious or sarcastic?
interwebs is hard to tell.

The fact that someone even asked this question really makes you wonder about the parenting mentality today...

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Oct 4 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

wolfmother, you do realise im 17 and i dont have children yet?

and also i looked on wiki but all it sayd was we were getting a edited version, using google to find out leaves me reading the same article.

does anyone know exactly what was cut out?

oh and l4d2 will prob be edited for classification,

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Oct 4 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #15
Blame him.

Next event:

I'm not even going to respond to this thread anymore. sleep.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sharks
post Oct 4 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

Firstly, Depends on the age of your child.

If you're going to stop your child from playing games, thats your choice but when they're down the road at little Timmy's and they're playing GTA4 whilst doing meth. Thats your fault. The true problem here is parents/noobs/bored people who need shit to complain about don't see we should be educating our children on the matter. We should watch them play it and explain to them the concept of the game and that it actually is a game. The parent should be the proxy to decide if your child is mentally ready to play the game and take the age recommendations into consideration.

R18+ is logical but probably won't happen.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
oohms
post Oct 4 2009, 06:24 PM
Post #17
Server/Comp Gopher

Next event:

Much lol @ this thread

R18+ games classification won't happen.. not for a looong time
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Oct 4 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

you make a good and valid argument sharks.

you cant sheild your children your whole life, as soon as they leave the house they could be doing stuff YOU dont want them to do.

INFACT sheilding them from life and games and shit is more likley to make them want THE GAME even more, causing them to go out and play it elsewhere.

what about that story of that boy who's parents wouldnt let him play halo 3, he went out, got the game himself and his father caught him. so his father confiscated the game and put it in his lockbox with his gun. the boy got the lockbox open and took the game and shot his parents in their face. i think he killed his mother and criticaly wounded his father.

full story here

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/12/bo...hot_dad_ov.html

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dagger
post Oct 4 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

the reason we dont have a r18+ rating is because it is up to the fuckin stupid governer general to let it pass.
now the only reason the movie industry has it is because it was set up in the 70-80's what ever wen sex, drugs and alchol was socially acceptable, well to a degree and the goverment couldnt restrict it, so they just gave it a rating. but because we are all lazy sitting here on our asses about it and wont take it to the streets the goverment just takes the moral high group and shuns for even thinking bout it.
plus it would strick a blow against them for bringing in the fuckin sensored internet.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
LolSauce
post Oct 5 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

Stop drinking the water in Werribee guys ;D

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:31 PM