Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BYO Dedicated servers
Jockstrap
post Jun 28 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hey peeps,

I have a server that has a DC hub, a vent server and some dedicated game servers that can be left in the corner and remote desktop'd to admin. Is there anywhere where the servers can be stored with network access, like they have at Extreme LANs? I did a search of the site but couldn't find anything.

Can't wait for the LAN! Yay LAN!

Cheers.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jun 28 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

maybe, there are enuff server boxen coming to handle pretty much anything that we can throw at it, ill be bringin some of my stuff for comp servers so if you want to i can host the vent servers and such on there, otherwise PM zardos

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Ithuriel
post Sep 3 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #3
Comp Gopher

Next event:

Servers are run 'inhouse' whilst your free to run your own servers (AFAIK). It's much better if you 'donate' the hardware for the duration of the lan with the game servers on them. Though depending on the game I'm not sure it'd really be needed anywho as deadman already said, usualy theres a crapola load of grunt biggrin.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Sep 3 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #4
Hueg.

Next event:

hokay.

dead_man is right, we have ALOT of servers for the next event and we are prob running quite a few pub servers for pretty much any game i can think of... however, we have a space where your server can be stored on the core, for vent/game servers etc...
Just come up to the admin table at the event and ask for R4N/Bill.

Worst case scenario (way too much server hardware on the core), i can run your game server (assuming we dont have any) on our hardware.

send me a PM with the servers you intend to run, and any other server queries you may have

R4N

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:46 PM