Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Comp Times - Important, Vote nao!!
Comp Times - Important
What timing would you like the comps to have?
One after the other. [ 42 ] ** [49.41%]
Some at the same time, some one after another. [ 39 ] ** [45.88%]
All at the same time. [ 4 ] ** [4.71%]
Total Votes: 85

SirSquidness
post Jan 11 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #21
^_^

Next event:

You need to make a decisision between CSS and the other competitions.
The CSS competition takes way too long for it to not clash with other competitions.

If we were to make it not clash (and this goes for every competition and event we run) the people who don't play the respective competiton wont have any organised events to play in over the many hours some competitions run for.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot
post Jan 13 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #22
Player

Next event:

All above arguments are invalid.

Its stupid to run competitions at the same time when we obviously have ample time to spread them out. If people are worried that theyll be to tired once their comp comes around - MAN UP. Its a LAN ffs, not some sleepover club.

Comps running parallel with eachother is the one thing that pissed me off last lan.
tl;dr: Admins! do us a favour and run them one after the other!

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Jan 13 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #23
Player

Next event:

Elliott: They really are quite valid. Many lan's I have personally attended including Shafted, DLC, and now Respawn. The CS:S competition starts like 12pm and sometimes hasn't finished until close to midnight.

Running them as you have requested would mean SirSquid and his team would need to make some competitions like 2am in the morning. Whilst I think its a feasable option for some, for others it may not entirely be the best option.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Jan 13 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #24
^_^

Next event:

Hi.

Thank you for your input. I see large red text, so now you've both insulted my reading skills (I can read your opinion without large red text) and mildly annoyed me.

Please, when being so condescending to us, consider that by the time you guys rock up on Saturday morning, the team has put in anywhere between 8 to 18 hours of work. We've had a few hours sleep. This is how we roll. We do man up. We man up really hard, so we can bring you the best damn event we can.

Let me sumarise up our rough estimates of comp running times.

• 7:00 - CSS (has been known to go for even longer)
  • 2:00 - Flatout 2
  • 3:00 - RA3
  • 3:00 - War 3
  • 0:45 - HL2DM
  • 4:00 - TF2
  • 5:00 - CoD4 (this is an old estimate - we expect a lot more teams this time)

(This list taken from the v12 competition schedule, I don't have v15s yet and can't find any other LANs)

That's almost 25 hours of comeptitions.

If we had an overwhelming majority in support of it, we would consider it.

But we don't. We have about a 50/50 split.

However, were said overwhelming majority to support running one competition at a time, we could roster our team around the "tired as hell and need to be awake for packup" issue, and do it. But we don't. There is no need to at this time.

Those 50% of people who say "No, I don't want to stay up until 5AM to wait for the one comp I really want to play" are people who also have a perfectly valid argument.

Consider that they may have sleeping patterns to semi keep, things they need to do Sunday, health issues preventing them from staying up all night, what not. There are plenty of valid reasons to not stay up all night at a LAN.

From what I've talked to the relevant people about, I do not believe anything will be changing significantly in the near future.
We try to minimise conflicts with popular events where possible. We can't make everyone happy. Ever. It is not possible.

So, look at what competitions are running when, man up, and make a decision which one you wish to play in.

And next time, less large red text, less unbased claims (such as all arguments are invalid) and more considering of the entire picture, not just your own wishes.

Thank you.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
denied
post Jan 13 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #25
Player

Next event:

I think that, if its a 2 day LAN the events should run late even if this means finishing at say 2am+
I think that having events one after the other is best so that people can even watch some of the other games being played.
Because i myself hate not being able to watch the CSS finals and what not. Its always enjoyable watching other teams go at it.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Jan 13 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #26
^_^

Next event:

Competitions do finish at 2AM.

One or two LANs ago, the DotA competition finished at 5AM. It started early evening.

TF2 started at 11PM last time, and took a few hours to run.

It's not as if we want to be tucked in by midnight - but demanding that anyone wanting to play in certain comps stay up all through the night is an unfair demand (see my last post for reasoning).

If you would like copies of the CSS finals, come and see me at the admin desk - we record SourceTV of all the matches (except when it screws up). Same goes for TF2.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Jan 13 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #27
Player

Next event:

Also please remember that the admins and gophers start work at noon on the friday, and basically work through untill 5 or 6pm on the sunday. so give us a little headway ;p

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jan 14 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #28
Player

Next event:

ok ill settle this now

due to elliot wanting to run everything one after another ill do that no problem

here are the following changes

10AM to 5PM for War3
5PM to 4AM for CSS
4AM to 12PM sunday
12PM till packup for TF2

all other comps are now cancelled since its so much better to run them one after another :/

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jan 14 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #29
Hueg.

Next event:

Please note our comp admin is being sarcastic tongue.gif

also im closing this thread as i think the point is well and truly across

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:39 AM