Reply to this topicStart new topic
> v17 Feedback Thread
Shub0xx
post Jul 6 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #61
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (I.esus @ Jul 6 2010, 08:02 PM) *
^ So everyone blowing those annoying horns and shooting nerf guns gets 1 strike already? smile.gif

laugh.gif Now I don't think that would work too well considering quite a few of the Nerf shooters were admins.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cashman_309
post Jul 6 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #62
Player

Next event:

nerf guns were fine. I even got hit by a stray one and dont mind watching the odd rampage.
vuvu's as was mentioned earlier probly wont be seen again

i just mean the retarded individuals who are for whatever reason being found annoying by a majority of others should b warned and banned if they insist on being immature dickholes
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Jul 6 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #63
Player

Next event:

I'll be honest sure there are people who shout alot, i do it too, but honestly i'm hearing alot of grumpy old men talk tongue.gif :>

Get some proper noise cancelling headphones if you can hear people through them. Sure if people are playing consoles and intruding on your space that's fair enough get them dealt with, but shouting and such is expected and always happens it's just the nature of the majority of the crowd no matter what game or age. So honestly, reading the posts on complaining about noise and such is almost as bad as the noise..
If you are going to complain about noise and profanity then be consistent and complain about the utter shit and rudeness and penis on DC, i like to think people at respawn are pretty much chill and it's fun to muck around specially because you can bullshit and people bullshit with you.
Just deal with it and move on lol.

As for lights, sure 2am is a fine time but need to make sure the major comps are done before that gets done. IMO i would like to say i know for a fact that the tf2 comp wasn't done by 2am, it had hardly started so the lights should have been on longer. The light were off well before the comp finished. TF2 seems to be a comp which no matter how popular it gets it gets pushed on the back burner.
If you can't sleep with lights on buy one of those things that go over your eyes or just take them from an airline :>. There is so much ambient light in the place anyway.

I also noticed that this time there were a LOT more people gone by sunday morning so moving a major comp like TF2 to then would surely kill it.

The lan was fine sure it had it's issues but i know i enjoyed myself thoroughly. I think the key is (for grumpy people young and old tongue.gif ) to just let things go? Try to loosen up or wrap yourselves in sound proof bubble wrap and then attend, (once again bullshitting don't take things so seriously)

Deodorant! Maybe you should add deodorants to the list of things that are sold at respawn like mini travel ones :>

-Rangers
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Wombie
post Jul 6 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #64
Player

Next event:

i still say Respawn v# Vitamin D for Deoderant, promotes sunshine and deoderant :3

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Jul 6 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #65
Player

Next event:

I say wombie should actually attend respawn in the capacity of a player :>
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
That Commander
post Jul 6 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #66
Player

Next event:

I have to say I really enjoyed the lan this time round

The hourly fun comps are great smile.gif

I do have two suggestions however

First

The Respawn Notifier is a great idea, but perhaps what players also need is a similar system to advertise that they are running a particular game server. I read in this thread that that gamers had to walk around to see what other people were playing.

For example, if I were to run an Unreal Tournament server, but don't want to sit in the lobby waiting for someone to join, it would be good to be notified that people want to join it, but until I get a notification I can go about other things.

On the flip side, people register their interest in particular games and are notified that a server is running so they can join.

Does this make sense? Would you find this useful? A sort of game lobby/notifier so people know what's being played (besides CS).

I believe the current method is to announce over DC and hope it is noticed between the constant stream of nonsense and policy speeches by "Julia Gillard (PM)". tongue.gif

Second

My friend insisted we join in a CS team this lan. Our first match was against Sublime, and of course we got thoroughly beaten. I swear they had synchronised flashbangs. Anyway...

I second the idea of an "amateur" CS competition but with the following suggestions:
  • No prize - competitive teams won't bother joining unless they really like fighting amateurs for no prize money.
  • It is not organised by admins, but by the people who are interested in said amateur competition.

My $0.02 + GST.

Looking forward to the next lan.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Jul 6 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #67
Player

Next event:

+1 for rangers reply.

AND:

Also what realy pissed me off was dickheads in the cod comp.

you get strays jumping into the servers.

may i suggest that a password could be implimented to prevent such a massive waste of time

i had two people that couldnt join my server because we had two idiots in the server, went and told admins and they were still there, had to go tell admins a second time, then my other two members could jump in.

password protection :told to the two competing teams prehaps?

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Jul 6 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #68
Player

Next event:

+1 for xevious reply.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Jul 6 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #69
Player

Next event:

Why thank you mr rangers...

even password protect all the comps b/c saves all the fuss of kicking ppl

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jul 6 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #70
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (drunkees @ Jul 6 2010, 07:35 PM) *
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Jul 6 2010, 06:57 PM) *
Maybe they're scared we'll yell penis back at them? (... over the PA?)

but seriously i reckon excessive "dickheadery" warrants a 2 or 3 strike system then banned.. PERMA BANNED

^ So everyone blowing those annoying horns and shooting nerf guns gets 1 strike already? smile.gif

crap there goes the admin team!

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Jul 6 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #71
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (dead_man @ Jul 6 2010, 09:58 PM) *

but seriously i reckon excessive "dickheadery" warrants a 2 or 3 strike system then banned.. PERMA BANNED

Holy shit dead man did you just make a joke about srs buisness? That's banned you're on 1 strike!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Jul 6 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #72
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (serpentine @ Jul 6 2010, 04:01 PM) *
I went home around 2am with a splitting headache. and I can say the turkey's sitting around the back corner in the isle / corridor away from the main area you were "THIS CLOSE" to having you keyboards wrapped around your necks. The only reason i didn't was because i "might consider" coming to respawn again and beating 6 little nerds to a pulp would perhaps see me barred from the event.

Just wanted to point out that saying that you were "THIS CLOSE" to doing something like that doesn't seem to bode well with me and if you are having thoughts like that, that maybe next time you should reconsider your attendance to respawn on the basis that you might not be able to control yourself. Most of us can have fun and be loud and be annoying to each other without things getting physical. If you feel that you are going to hulk out at someone with computer hardware please seriously reconsider your attendance, im not sure if i would feel safe knowing that you might not be able to control yourself.

Also new headphones fair enough but if you want to 'cancel noise' please make sure to actually buy 'noise cancelling' headphones. I would also like to say that i don't know the people you were talking about in your post but it really gets to me when people just can't get along. Being over 30 you should have learnt to tolerate things and idiots by now.

that is all smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Autofix
post Jul 6 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #73
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (That Commander @ Jul 6 2010, 09:41 PM) *

First

The Respawn Notifier is a great idea, but perhaps what players also need is a similar system to advertise that they are running a particular game server. I read in this thread that that gamers had to walk around to see what other people were playing.

For example, if I were to run an Unreal Tournament server, but don't want to sit in the lobby waiting for someone to join, it would be good to be notified that people want to join it, but until I get a notification I can go about other things.

On the flip side, people register their interest in particular games and are notified that a server is running so they can join.

Does this make sense? Would you find this useful? A sort of game lobby/notifier so people know what's being played (besides CS).

I believe the current method is to announce over DC and hope it is noticed between the constant stream of nonsense and policy speeches by "Julia Gillard (PM)". tongue.gif

/agree. Maybe something like steam friends but without the steam, or the friends, just individual channels for each game that alerts you when people start playing a game from that channel you are in, and allows you to chat to other people in that channel.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jinky
post Jul 7 2010, 03:34 AM
Post #74
Player

Next event:

Great as usual guys.

Only thing was network speeds were slow as hell, max I saw was 20MB/s off 2 people, was around 2 - 4 MB/s off everyone else.

V16 and 15 was mostly ~30-40MB/s and every so often a speed of 70 - 80 MB/s

Otherwise, keep up the great job biggrin.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Wombie
post Jul 7 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #75
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (dead_man @ Jul 6 2010, 11:58 AM) *

To be honest drunkee's 'dickheadery' is part of what makes a lan into a good lan. Lans's are about having fun with your mates, playing some good games, and generally enjoying yourself.
Maybe it should be 1 strike to all the holier than thou straight faces for being such party killers.

Major lesson to take away: Lighten up, we're there to have fun

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Jul 7 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #76
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (Jinky @ Jul 7 2010, 03:34 AM) *
Only thing was network speeds were slow as hell, max I saw was 20MB/s off 2 people, was around 2 - 4 MB/s off everyone else.

That's more than enough to play games.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post Jul 7 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #77
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Rangers @ Jul 6 2010, 10:23 PM) *
- snip -

Also new headphones fair enough but if you want to 'cancel noise' please make sure to actually buy 'noise cancelling' headphones. I would also like to say that i don't know the people you were talking about in your post but it really gets to me when people just can't get along. Being over 30 you should have learnt to tolerate things and idiots by now.

that is all smile.gif

You realise that noise cancelling headphones are only for constant background noise right? For example, the hum of 400 computers' fans going at top speed. Unless the people yelling penis were doing it non-stop, I don't think it would have helped. Especially if he was right next to them.

QUOTE (Autofix @ Jul 6 2010, 10:24 PM) *
QUOTE (That Commander @ Jul 6 2010, 09:41 PM) *

First

/agree. Maybe something like steam friends but without the steam, or the friends, just individual channels for each game that alerts you when people start playing a game from that channel you are in, and allows you to chat to other people in that channel.

How about... IRC? It has channels and everything! People could pay attention to it for announcements and notifications of who was playing what, and could even make separate rooms for their friends or people they're playing with.

There is a small learning curve there, and people have to install the software. But I believe it was mentioned a while back that a browser-based client might be able to be implemented on the intranet site.

--------------------
"The Maelstrom is a dark force that seeks the destruction of all imagination"
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
xbox_girl
post Jul 7 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #78
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Queen Gainer @ Jul 6 2010, 06:02 PM) *
QUOTE (serpentine @ Jul 6 2010, 04:01 PM) *
The overweight chick with the pink or orange dress and awful tatts you repulse me on every level you have the most vulgar and awful tone to your voice, no vocabulary and your were 98.689% responsible for my headache and early departure. You came and sat next to me as your CSS was not working (just to be clear on who you are) If you want to yell penis over and over again stay home....I had brand new headphones on, with the sound up full with Pantera on in the background and you still managed to penetrate and completely pierce my ear drums. Seriously grow up or at the very least make an attempt to consider others.

I don't really have much input this time, but just wanted to point out this paragraph. I will now investigate who it was, since it clearly was not me. (My dress was black, and wasn't yelling penis every fives seconds. Derp.)

Apart from that, it wasn't all that bad... Except I didn't know how to play 2/3 of the Girl's comp games. And the game I did know how to play wasn't what I was expecting (I miss GG ;-; )

I also confirm that is was not me (i was in a Choose your own weapon t-shirt, Transformers hoodie and jeans) or Caylem (STFU Jumper)... did anyone ever find out who the chick in the white beanie was?? lol She was the talk of DC++ for like 5 hours...

Also, whoever mentioned that they left early because of headaches, i did the same.. I left at 8pm with a massive headache and little downloaded.. I think my network port thingy was a little dodgy as anytime one of the guys sitting on the hub table breathed it got knocked out.. causing me to have to get up and shove it back in or getting someone to do it for me. My apologies to the guys on that table (Possibly the Hindenberg Ground Crew?) I'm sure you got sick of me/Ceno interrupting you...

I would also like to point out the yelling was a little OTT... and I'm 23.. not old by a long shot.. and even i got sick of hearing "F'ing F&GGOT" or " F'ing C#NT" or any of the other 10 varieties every 5 seconds from the same group... I respect others in their choice of gaming vocabulary however, whether it be that i am entering the "old" crowd or merely brought up differently, it did get a little repetitive and at some times just plain unacceptable. Again, I am not having a go at those that choose to yell and scream, just providing a little feedback. i also know that admins cannot possibly police this, it's just not possible in a crowd of that size... though past experiences has proven that a nice PM to an admin is usually enough to get the culprit to realise they are bothering others. It may not happen immediately, however it does happen..

Overall I enjoyed this lan... it was a shame i had to bail early, but with a little bit of skill and a whole lot of luck next lan will be just as good, if not better..

Also, I think Nerf guns should make an appearance at the next lan... i got hit plenty of times and were able to shoot off a few rounds myself.. Note to those that oppose, sit at the back in the corner to ensure you are not affected by the nerf-i-ness.

*hugs*

Sammie
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
xbox_girl
post Jul 7 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #79
Player

Next event:

Oh And Kudos to Tank for the wares! Love the hoodie... you didn't have diet coke though sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dekar
post Jul 7 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #80
Player

Next event:

had a good time... tf2 had over 100 participants at one point! damn you 2am start... if this could be fixed somehow this would be teh win

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 08:36 PM