Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heroes of Newerth?
drenzium
post Aug 28 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

There currently isn't any LAN functionality available for the game yet. Just wondering if there will be an internet connection available to possibly play the game at the event? From my experience it is a very efficient internet game and requires minimal speeds and data usage. If anybody could give me a heads up that'd be sweet.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Aug 28 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #2
^_^

Next event:

What is it's peak up and down peak bandwidths and how lag sensitive is it?

(Unlikely)

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Aug 28 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Aug 28 2010, 10:33 AM) *
What is it's peak up and down peak bandwidths and how lag sensitive is it?

Extremely lag sensitive. Uses not heavy amounts of bandwidth but given the current steam issues, its high unlikely it will function on the connection even if given the green light.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheTacoMan
post Aug 28 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

I'm guessing this is the same deal for League of Legends? It sucks because it's such a great game sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Aug 29 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

Guys, we have a single link provided by Latrobe of 768kbps as part of our on-going relationship with the Uni. There are a number of games the admins and myself as a team leader we'd love to play. But we can't unlock the internet because as it is, every event we seem to fall on a TF2 or steam update cycle weekend and everyone's steam decides to download the update at the event (instead of home). The link cannot handle STEAM + Player's playing games solely designed for online gaming. It's a LAN, please try (I know this is a big call), stick to games that can function without the need of the internet. This includes HoN, WoW, LoL, etc... They require constant internet connections, and most are quite lag sensitive so realistically I even if I wanted too, couldn't take this to the admin team for consideration as its just not feasible in the current environment we have.

I don't mean to be the big bad wolf, but as you've all seen, the net connection we have struggles with steam as it is. So any games requiring internet, purchase a 3G dongle IF YOU HAVE to play it...

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
drenzium
post Aug 29 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Aug 29 2010, 12:23 AM) *
Guys, we have a single link provided by Latrobe of 768kbps as part of our on-going relationship with the Uni. There are a number of games the admins and myself as a team leader we'd love to play. But we can't unlock the internet because as it is, every event we seem to fall on a TF2 or steam update cycle weekend and everyone's steam decides to download the update at the event (instead of home). The link cannot handle STEAM + Player's playing games solely designed for online gaming. It's a LAN, please try (I know this is a big call), stick to games that can function without the need of the internet. This includes HoN, WoW, LoL, etc... They require constant internet connections, and most are quite lag sensitive so realistically I even if I wanted too, couldn't take this to the admin team for consideration as its just not feasible in the current environment we have.

I don't mean to be the big bad wolf, but as you've all seen, the net connection we have struggles with steam as it is. So any games requiring internet, purchase a 3G dongle IF YOU HAVE to play it...

That's cool man, myself and a few friends of mine who are attending the next event are new to all of this and i couldn't find any information on this in the stickies so i thought i'd ask. Cheers
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Aug 29 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #7
^_^

Next event:

On the contrary, it's not out of the question we pull some magic out of our sleeves for a small set games to happen over the internet.

Hence my question in the second post about how much bandwidth it uses (I want kB/s, not an adjective)

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sando
post Aug 29 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #8
Respawn Alumni

Next event:

Not likely to happen. We've tried opening ports for it before and couldn't find a way to allow people to play and block HoN updates at the same time. I'll see if it's possible to get League of Legends going.

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Guni
post Aug 29 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Sando @ Aug 29 2010, 03:28 PM) *
Not likely to happen. We've tried opening ports for it before and couldn't find a way to allow people to play and block HoN updates at the same time. I'll see if it's possible to get League of Legends going.

League Of Ledgends is where its at ^.^. Really hoping we can get sc2 up and running aswell so i can own kitfox tongue.gif

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chopz
post Aug 29 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

Ive Been Monitoring HoN for the last 40 minutes, average of about 15 KB/s down 5 KB/s up
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Aug 29 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #11
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (Chopz @ Aug 29 2010, 04:11 PM) *
Ive Been Monitoring HoN for the last 40 minutes, average of about 15 KB/s down 5 KB/s up

Bytes or bits?

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chopz
post Aug 29 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Aug 29 2010, 09:11 PM) *
QUOTE (Chopz @ Aug 29 2010, 04:11 PM) *

Bytes or bits?

Bytes
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Aug 29 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #13
^_^

Next event:

No HoN over the Respawn tubes, then!

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:06 PM