Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> feed back on recent respawn
Eggy
post Feb 5 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

1st timer at respawn and i was so esxcited to go, i heard great things and great things i saw. 100s of people interacting in various ways be it over the keyboard or physically. I would just like to say many thanks for doing such a great job, but i could help but notice that the networking `was a lil rough and the comps held back a lil. hopefully next this will be avoidedoverall i really enjoyed and cant wait till the next one. its gonna b sick

--------------------
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Feb 5 2012, 09:46 PM
Post #2
^_^

Next event:

The network issue early Saturday was unfortunate; the first major issue we've had in quite some time. The symptoms shown were incredibly odd and bore little correlation to the cause, so it took a bit longer than usual to track down the cause. And the internet, well, there's practically nothing we can do about it - we make the best out of a bad situation in that respect smile.gif

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for your feedback! <3

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
reeaact
post Feb 6 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Feb 5 2012, 10:46 PM) *
The network issue early Saturday was unfortunate; the first major issue we've had in quite some time. The symptoms shown were incredibly odd and bore little correlation to the cause, so it took a bit longer than usual to track down the cause. And the internet, well, there's practically nothing we can do about it - we make the best out of a bad situation in that respect smile.gif

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for your feedback! <3

Squid i have to say good job as far as getting the team capts up to register find out maps ect, the couple things that could be worked on is passworded servers that only teams/gamestah has access to and promply restarting and changing server maps, other than that good job the only major delay throughout the night was not your fault

tongue.gif
wink.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Feb 6 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

Squid did wonderful things, we <3 you squid!!!

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Darius
post Feb 6 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

i liked almost every aspect of the last respawn..
here are the FEW things that annoyed me but..

Steam: it is my understanding that the admins are doing the most they can with this so disregard it....
Network: Row J's network issues - screwed up my leeching a few times sad.gif
Flatout Comp: the idiots driving backwards really annoyed me and screwed up me in the finals, i call on the admins to work on something in the near future to prevent people from driving backwards, blocking paths etc...ok yes the first time it was funny but in the finals...i mean cmon are you serious?

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Feb 6 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #6
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (Darius @ Feb 6 2012, 02:25 PM) *
i liked almost every aspect of the last respawn..
here are the FEW things that annoyed me but..

Steam: it is my understanding that the admins are doing the most they can with this so disregard it....
Network: Row J's network issues - screwed up my leeching a few times sad.gif
Flatout Comp: the idiots driving backwards really annoyed me and screwed up me in the finals, i call on the admins to work on something in the near future to prevent people from driving backwards, blocking paths etc...ok yes the first time it was funny but in the finals...i mean cmon are you serious?

RE: Flatout, I will see what I can do. As most of you know, this is a game without any real system of management. The best I could do is ban the bus in races. This would not stop people from driving in reverse and otherwise being a complete and utter tard. What I will do from now on is keep an idiot list on these forums and ban them from the next tournament. Sound good?

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Worthless
post Feb 6 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

Overall an improved event.

You really, really need to sort out the numerous issues with the new La Trobe Security.

They screwed up parking on the Saturday morning by moving everyone along who was waiting for free parks (it's been done like that for ages).

Then I was told at the gatehouse I couldn't go up to the hall because "it was full" (it wasn't we literally just came from there and half the spots were empty). We had to argue with them to get in.

And wtf was with the toilets? They haven't changed?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Alioth
post Feb 6 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Worthless @ Feb 6 2012, 06:00 PM) *

They fixed the window!

Good Respawn, too damn hot though.

As good as the desktop notification app was, someone needs to create one for smartphones that will push messages onto the phone and make with the flashing and the noises, oi vey!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Feb 6 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

Overall an improved event.

You really, really need to sort out the numerous issues with the new La Trobe Security.

They screwed up parking on the Saturday morning by moving everyone along who was waiting for free parks (it's been done like that for ages).

Then I was told at the gatehouse I couldn't go up to the hall because "it was full" (it wasn't we literally just came from there and half the spots were empty). We had to argue with them to get in.

With the security, they are a new group, when i said to them that is the way we have done it for a long time, they were like oh no we need this road for emergency vehicles, if they are required, i can understand where they are coming from but to have them lock down the gatehouse was not needed.

as for toilets, i think they changed the times they are going to revamp the them. not too sure.

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ThirtySix45
post Feb 6 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

yet another great event from the Respawn team, myself and wombat had a great time. Thanks to whoever ran the FIFA comp to, was great chatting to a few of the players.

Looking forward to the next event if you guys can be bothered, it must get bloody annoying trying to look after us and the network.

--------------------
QUOTE (Ninjabreadman @ Sep 8 2009, 09:02 PM) *
respawn boasts a great 1:222 girl to guy to ratio
couldn't be more sausage

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Feb 6 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #11
^_^

Next event:

La Trobe: "You can't have a January event. We're refurbishing the hall, mostly the toilets"
Us: "Okay, we'll take February then"
La Trobe: "Cool. See you then."

(late January)

La Trobe: "Oh, btw, we haven't gotten around to doing the toilets yet. "

sleep.gif

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dEATh HaMMer
post Feb 6 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

Thanks for the event guys, first time for us Inversion Therapy players to one of your events.

It was a joy to win the CSS GG comp, maybe could have been a touch earlier, just to enable a few more players to be there.

Also maybe a few more organised events later in the night, dont have to have major prizes, just something for those peeps who arent into leaching and seeding.

Overall a great event and will look forward to the next.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Vot
post Feb 7 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #13
Merch + Store Admin

Next event:

QUOTE (dEATh HaMMer @ Feb 6 2012, 08:59 PM) *
Also maybe a few more organised events later in the night, dont have to have major prizes, just something for those peeps who arent into leaching and seeding sleeping.
I think we'd given up hoping there were people alive, alert and awake at such hours tongue.gif We'll see if we can sneak in a few timetabled funcomps smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Terajiogga
post Feb 7 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Darius @ Feb 6 2012, 02:25 PM) *

As the finals in particular is directed at me, perhaps I should make a comment that earlier on in the first two races of the final - two of you wrecked me completely (can't even remember who was even in the race now) as you do in FlatOut. As I was particularly over the competition before the finals even started (4 desert town races does that for a person), I made it my duty to destroy those two people. I didn't use a bus, I used a car. Also, I didn't drive backwards, I parked it on the tight corner I crashed out on. Pretty low to complain about it methinks, it's a game afterall and it's a valid function in the game. Having said that, if there's a rule change then it wouldn't happen.

On a side note, what's with the overzealous admin? Just to make it absolutely clear, I'm not having a go at anyone, but before the final, Zardoz complained over the PA about a spotlight and the individual responsible put the torch away (eventually). Another admin went over to the area and requested to confiscate the torch, however they mutually agreed to put the torch away. Why on earth was a third one was even involved? After threatening to kick the entire corner out, makes me less inclined attend with attitude like that. Happy to hear the reasons behind a third admin being "required" to intervene.

LAN was good otherwise, perhaps a little underwhelming perhaps due to lower numbers? About the only gaming being done was directly due to me hosting just about everything. I know the internet is a sticking point causing all kinds of issues with Team Fortress 2, Steam etc... there's got to be a way we can set up rotation servers though without the server losing connectivity with the internet.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Feb 7 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #15
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (Terajiogga @ Feb 7 2012, 02:17 PM) *
On a side note, what's with the overzealous admin? Just to make it absolutely clear, I'm not having a go at anyone, but before the final, Zardoz complained over the PA about a spotlight and the individual responsible put the torch away (eventually). Another admin went over to the area and requested to confiscate the torch, however they mutually agreed to put the torch away. Why on earth was a third one was even involved? After threatening to kick the entire corner out, makes me less inclined attend with attitude like that. Happy to hear the reasons behind a third admin being "required" to intervene.

We told the person responsible over the PA once, then personally, and I was still being told that the issue was becoming a problem for players. So i wen't down to where the gopher told me this player was annoying people and quite simply asked, who has the torch, to which i got a quite snide "dunno". Apologies for being a bit more angry about this than i should have but you guys had a part to play in this too. We run a lan for 400 people and I would prefer it if a person flashing a giant torch like a stobe would see some sense and stop.

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
B3NN
post Feb 8 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

See the iron gut thread for my main feedback.

Side note: low numbers sucked a little but was a good event overall. Fix the iron gut situation and I'll still be back next time smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ADversity
post Feb 10 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

My first respawn as well, was a great experience definitely will be back if work allows another 2-3 days off.

Enjoyed the FIFA tournament on the projector, didn't really like playing on that computer though the settings weren't right was also choppy/laggy as.

Free sausages = amazing. x]

Good stuff.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Eggy
post Feb 10 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

truu bro i leeched FiFa 12 or watever it is lol. No lag but the graphics looked abit week lol and i leeched for a joke then got rid of it cause its not my game lol

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:16 PM