Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OFFICIAL v14 Commnts thread!, For positive and negatives! and everything in between!
Tank
post Sep 21 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hey everyone!

well, i really hoped you enjoyed v14!

The team really thrive on knowing what we did well, and it's important for us to also seek feedback about what you thought didn't happen so well!

So this is the official thread for all your thoughts, comments, criticism, questions, etcetc!

Please keep all posts civil and if detail is needed, please go right ahead smile.gif

thanks very much everyone!

xoTank

--------------------
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThirtySix45
post Sep 21 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

Awesome event, streaming of the footy was a great idea. Loved playing tron, such a cool game.
Great prices on drinks up the front, though I must have spent about 10 bucks on orange jucie towards the end lol.

--------------------
QUOTE (Ninjabreadman @ Sep 8 2009, 09:02 PM) *
respawn boasts a great 1:222 girl to guy to ratio
couldn't be more sausage

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Moloch666
post Sep 21 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

Had a great time guys, cheers for the awesome.
Would've liked to see more fun comps but we got our game on anyways.
Didn't get any delicious BBQ foods - seems someone stole our sausages before we got there. The downsides of playing in the TF2 comp I guess.

One suggestion that we recently had to introduce at LAN'asplode - admins are exempt from winning prizes. Comps can be entered and played in but prizes cannot be won. We learnt the hard way after the admins walked away with all the prizes at our last event!

Looking forward to the next one if I have time/money!

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
atticus
post Sep 21 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

how crafty of you guys to organize the hl2dm comp while i was busy with TF2 :)
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Darcy
post Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

I thought it was a bit disturbing having the admins staring at me every time I went to the toilets.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
NoWaY
post Sep 21 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

I found it disturbing when someone put redbull on the 3 phase, the admin's concern was it's ability to kill at least 5-6 computers. I think your example was disgusting, it could have hurt people who gives a flying fuck if a computer gets fried.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
oohms
post Sep 21 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #7
Server/Comp Gopher

Next event:

QUOTE (Darcy @ Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM) *
I thought it was a bit disturbing having the admins staring at me every time I went to the toilets.

lol the toilets are on the other end of the hall to where the admins are

unless of course you were using the admin toilet laugh.gif

edit: LOL i didn't know they put up pics above the urinals
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Sep 21 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (NoWaY @ Sep 21 2009, 05:05 PM) *
I found it disturbing when someone put redbull on the 3 phase, the admin's concern was it's ability to kill at least 5-6 computers. I think your example was disgusting, it could have hurt people who gives a flying fuck if a computer gets fried.

Yes agreed. There could have been injury, just as much as there would have been damaged computers. Your point is valid. I'm sure Miniwalks who runs the power network has built/chosen distribution boxes that have safety features so should a liquid (ie: Red Bull) get into the box, it cuts the power safely so nobody gets hurt and touch wood, no surge damages your gear. Because he's quite proud of his power grid (and you'll note its only ever gone down when say someone brings a kettle).

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Harkonnen
post Sep 21 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (NoWaY @ Sep 21 2009, 05:05 PM) *

I disagree, if my tertiary education has taught me anything, its that the massive amount of energy in 3 Phase power running through a Red Bull medium, could only result in some sort of superpower and/or mutation.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheTacoMan
post Sep 21 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

The TF2 competition has to be run MUCH earlier, the second round didn't start till about 2am, and many teams forfeited because they were just too tired

I suggest it gets swapped with the CSS tournament

This lan, TF2 had about 9 teams, CSS a mere 6. CSS is loosing it's popularity (thank god) and as such, should no longer get the prime time comp spot
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Sep 21 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (TheTacoMan @ Sep 21 2009, 06:27 PM) *
The TF2 competition has to be run MUCH earlier, the second round didn't start till about 2am, and many teams forfeited because they were just too tired

I suggest it gets swapped with the CSS tournament

This lan, TF2 had about 9 teams, CSS a mere 6. CSS is loosing it's popularity (thank god) and as such, should no longer get the prime time comp spot

not sure where you pulled that number from?

i had 10 teams for CS:S, 11 for COD4 and 12 for TF2 this event

im looking at redoing the schedule again but when i had is setup for this LAN i was banking on 10 CS, 8 tf2 and 18 odd cod4 teams.

at this stage times may change but will probley be similar to this event.

i dont think midnight was to late to run the comp seeing as COD4 and CSS didnt finish until then (3 hours ahead of normal woo)

since CS:S took ONLY 11hours this time, should i run that until 9AM sunday morning?

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
LolSauce
post Sep 21 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Moloch666 @ Sep 21 2009, 12:03 PM) *
One suggestion that we recently had to introduce at LAN'asplode - admins are exempt from winning prizes.

I do agree with this one... I don't think it's looks professional or fair to be honest. But that's not up to us is it now laugh.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Sep 21 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #13
^_^

Next event:

As a member of the Respawn team who never wins prizes (thus isn't biased in this comment), for a LAN the size of Resapwn, if I were to win a prize in a competition, I think it's only fair I get the prize. There's enough players that it's the fault of the players if there's no one to beat me, and generally there's enough competition to make me earn the prize. The competitions are picked by what is in high demand, and the rules are made up based on professional league rules.

I'd likewise expect that if I were to be caught cheating, I'd get the same (if not worse) consequences as a normal player.

For a LAN the size of Asplode, where the admin team makes up 1/8th of the LAN (technically speaking), we are almost guaranteed to walk away from it since we pick comps we like to play. They're completely different scenarios.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Sep 21 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Harkonnen @ Sep 21 2009, 05:49 PM) *
I disagree, if my tertiary education has taught me anything, its that the massive amount of energy in 3 Phase power running through a Red Bull medium, could only result in some sort of superpower and/or mutation.

You can get superpowers? Can you test this and report the outcome?

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
LolSauce
post Sep 21 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Sep 21 2009, 07:30 PM) *
As a member of the Respawn team who never wins prizes (thus isn't biased in this comment), for a LAN the size of Resapwn, if I were to win a prize in a competition, I think it's only fair I get the prize. There's enough players that it's the fault of the players if there's no one to beat me, and generally there's enough competition to make me earn the prize. The competitions are picked by what is in high demand, and the rules are made up based on professional league rules.

I'd likewise expect that if I were to be caught cheating, I'd get the same (if not worse) consequences as a normal player.

For a LAN the size of Asplode, where the admin team makes up 1/8th of the LAN (technically speaking), we are almost guaranteed to walk away from it since we pick comps we like to play. They're completely different scenarios.

Yeah, but it doesn't help that the team members choose Maps/Tracks that are being played in the comps. But it doesn't bother me, I just think it looks unfair from other players perspective

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Sep 21 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

i picked the maps/tracks for flatout. maybe we should vote on it next time

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Sep 21 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #17
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (Moloch666 @ Sep 21 2009, 12:03 PM) *
Had a great time guys, cheers for the awesome.
Would've liked to see more fun comps but we got our game on anyways.
Didn't get any delicious BBQ foods - seems someone stole our sausages before we got there. The downsides of playing in the TF2 comp I guess.

One suggestion that we recently had to introduce at LAN'asplode - admins are exempt from winning prizes. Comps can be entered and played in but prizes cannot be won. We learnt the hard way after the admins walked away with all the prizes at our last event!

Looking forward to the next one if I have time/money!

QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Sep 21 2009, 07:30 PM) *

While both of these arguments have merit, i would like to add that i have been thinking about how to handle such a situation for a while now. I do see major issues with admins having the opportunity to win prizes, it shouldn't be an admins aim to win a prize that is supplied for lan they run.

However, i also understand that respawn admins do alot of work and deserve some time to enjoy competitions. I tend to play in funcomps, and have a damn good time playing them.

So i shall discuss it with the rest of the Competition team and post a poll on this forum.

Thanks

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Sep 21 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

Gotta admit the random massive applause was god dam hilarious.
i bet none of the admins knew who started it or why it happened.

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Sep 21 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #19
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (LolSauce @ Sep 21 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Yeah, but it doesn't help that the team members choose Maps/Tracks that are being played in the comps. But it doesn't bother me, I just think it looks unfair from other players perspective

I speak entirely for myself here, but when I run the TF2 competition, I use the CEVO ruleset and let players request maps to be used during the competition. Apart from those, there aren't really any other variables I could change to my advantage.

This isn't an argument for or against the topic at hand, I'm just clarifying my own position. =)

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Sep 21 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Sep 21 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Gotta admit the random massive applause was god dam hilarious.
i bet none of the admins knew who started it or why it happened.

i believe it was some sort of can stacking or such.

was not as hilarious when one is trying to sleep wink.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:21 AM