Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions bout next lan
Gruelius
post Dec 29 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

What games are going to be played?

And what security is there for hardware going in/out. I can bring a server but i kind of need it to be unmolested by anyone smile.gif

Thanks
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jen
post Dec 29 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

Molestation of a server??? *ponders how this could be done*

mind you, if it has "legal" content and its shared, its network interface will be not so much molested as it would be raped. but still...

I've been to plenty events both Respawn and others, and have never heard/seen of any theft... there is always someone watching!!!
(zardoz tends to sleep with his eyes open which is a little freaky but still).

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Gruelius
post Dec 29 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

ah does the file content have to be legal? pm me the answer if you are worried that um people um.. yeah

if thats the case ill pull the zfs data pool out and just use it as a dedicated server
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
neon
post Dec 30 2008, 01:04 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

no illegal filesharing is permitted at respawn lan. A DC++ Server is run only for game patches and linux isos

... but yeah bring it along smile.gif Dedicated servers can usually be shoved on the core switch if you ask zardoz nicely. As to the security of stuff, i feel much safer leaving my gear at respawn than i do at any other lan. I usually go with mates and have them look after my gear while i sleep, but i wouldnt be too worried about it if i left it alone while i slept in my car.

--------------------
.:neon:.

---> http://www.sanlan.com.au <--- Mornington Peninsula LAN Party!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sleeper
post Dec 30 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (neon @ Dec 30 2008, 02:04 PM) *
no illegal filesharing is permitted at respawn lan. A DC++ Server is run only for game patches and linux isos

... but yeah bring it along smile.gif Dedicated servers can usually be shoved on the core switch if you ask zardoz nicely. As to the security of stuff, i feel much safer leaving my gear at respawn than i do at any other lan. I usually go with mates and have them look after my gear while i sleep, but i wouldnt be too worried about it if i left it alone while i slept in my car.

I put dibs on his gear the second he leaves..... tongue.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Dec 30 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

the respawn community is pretty close so if someone did try and walk out they would be walking out with a keyboard up there arse

if your going with mates, id still suggest leaving someone there to watch the gear,

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Dec 30 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #7
Hueg.

Next event:

350 people not sleeping, its pretty hard for people to get into your machine and run off with stuff
But i agree with deadman, if your going with mates, have them look after your stuff when your not looking smile.gif

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Patryn
post Dec 30 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

*nods*

I remember the last couple of respawns I went to, I left my computer unattended for several hours... and nothing was missing when I came back. I may have been lucky, but yeah... I don't think it's such a problem. but I'd still take standard precautions and put all USB keys and portable thingies away in ur car or something.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
neon
post Dec 31 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Sleeper @ Dec 30 2008, 07:21 PM) *
I put dibs on his gear the second he leaves..... tongue.gif

Smart arse... I know where you live!!!

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Baraqyal
post Dec 31 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (R4N @ Dec 30 2008, 07:51 PM) *
350 people not sleeping, its pretty hard for people to get into your machine and run off with stuff
But i agree with deadman, if your going with mates, have them look after your stuff when your not looking smile.gif

I'd almost be willing to bet that if someone walked in at 4am while my mates and myself were sleeping, packed up my rig and took it home, nobody would even glance at them twice. But I doubt that'd happen at somewhere like Respawn. I guess I'm just cynical tongue.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Gruelius
post Jan 2 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Baraqyal @ Dec 31 2008, 07:05 PM) *
QUOTE (R4N @ Dec 30 2008, 07:51 PM) *

I'd almost be willing to bet that if someone walked in at 4am while my mates and myself were sleeping, packed up my rig and took it home, nobody would even glance at them twice. But I doubt that'd happen at somewhere like Respawn. I guess I'm just cynical tongue.gif

yeah lol

ill just pull a all nighter

what games are going to be played?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
neon
post Jan 2 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

over 410 regos for the lan! Insane!!!

Confirms open on the 9th, will be interesting to see how many confirm.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Baraqyal
post Jan 2 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

Will be, I'm just praying some peeps, at least 37 drop out so I can move up off the waiting list biggrin.gif
Damn being in America and forgetting to register sad.gif

Hopefully I will see you there neon, if I end up getting to go. (Am Eloquence on DC wink.gif )

Am looking forward to some sweet FarCry2 MP action.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Jan 2 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

We at the admin desk have sharp eyes wink.gif (thats why we can not be that huggable.. don't want sharp eye poking related injuries wink.gif)

If you *are* worried about your gear and you're not at the lan with a bunch of mates; make friends with the people around you (as if you wouldnt anyway!) If you're ducking away for food, or for sleep, and are worried, place things like mice or keyboards in your car, or something. although someone walking up to a desk and walking off with a mouse or keyboard looks pretty damn dodgy smile.gif even at 4 am there's a lot of people walking about. it's hard to do anything unseen.. especially odd behaviour happy.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Gruelius
post Jan 2 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played? what games are going to be played?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jan 2 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #16
Hueg.

Next event:

its a lan with 350 people in it...
LOTS OF GAMES!!! tongue.gif
im pretty sure if you shouted any decent multiplayer game out SOMEONE would also want to play
Comps have been posted on the main site for a while now

Enjoy.

R4N

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Jan 3 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

why does everyone ask that?! hahah tongue.gif

with so many people... if you want to play a certain game... theres usually enough people to play it. get on the DC hub and shout about it, if all else fails sweet talk an admin to do a shoutout on the mic.

happy.gif

-Tank xo

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ICE
post Jan 3 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

I would be more concerned about leaving your PC unattended and UNLOCKED.

Or you will end up with some interesting backgrounds/screen saves. Damn Furies / Lolsauce.....

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jan 3 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #19
Hueg.

Next event:

yes, just never let lolsauce near your PC and youll be fine...

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Gruelius
post Jan 3 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

im not sure if i should bring the big server or the little server lol

hopefully we can get some NS games going smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:43 AM