Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More competition info
Zardoz
post Jun 26 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #1
Respawn LAN big kahoona

Next event:

Just an update on some of the competitions and happenings next weekend:
  • Flatout 2 - please vote over here (forums link) as to what options you'd like - race, derby, maps etc. Flatout 2 was popular last LAN and it's sure to be even more popular this time around.
  • Counter-Strike: Source will attract prize money just like last time.
  • Warcraft III 1v1 and DOTA will have $150 (first), $50 (second) and $250 (for DOTA) prizes respectively
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Worms World Party will actually run and be hours of hilarity.
  • Hard Drive Throwing will probably feature a Maxtor 250GB hard drive - I've had eight of these fail on me, at least and I need to vent my frustrations.
  • Counter-Strike: Source Gungame will have the guns in REVERSE ORDER (Para first, AWP second etc ending with the grende level and then knife to win). The map will be breakfloor2k5.
  • COD4 will probably be a disorganised shambles again but we're aiming for Search & Destroy, 5v5 teams
  • War3 Naval Combat may or may not run depending on interest; this will be a buy-in, winner takes all competition.
  • Tribes is a good game, shame nobody else really played it. Zardoz really wants some 6v6 action on raindance or or something. Download it for free, I;m sure there are links on Tribin' or something.

We'll have some older games happening over the weekend, such as Super Mario Bros, Battlefield 1942, QuakeWorld, DOOM 2 and many more! (has anybody got an Atari 2600 with a way to get an AV output? We'd love to run a PONG tournament).

Also don't forget our AFK comps which include the Pinata and REAL LIFE PONG....

Yep.

We look forward to seeing you all there!
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 10:32 AM