Closed TopicStart new topic
> Respawn Lan 10 Feedback
R4N
post Jan 19 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #21
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (nato @ Jan 19 2009, 01:47 PM) *
The final round of CSS was pretty intense, would have been nice to see a delayed sourceTV on the projector.

Thats one thing i will be working on for next event

I want every major comp with this capability to be shown on the projector, so we can see just how awesome some of these comps end up being

Being a comp organiser myself its always fun to see nailbiting close matches on CS:S COD or Flatout etc..

So ill be making that happen for events from now on biggrin.gif

R4N

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TMM
post Jan 19 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #22
Player

Next event:

opps double post.

--------------------
this is a signature
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TMM
post Jan 19 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #23
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SLoV @ Jan 19 2009, 04:41 PM) *
agreed me and wookie use .674 no problems at all

.674 works great, thats what i was using. But it would be so much better if non-hashing clients were banned, as 0.705+ makes good use of hashing with multi-client downloads. It breaks files into 'chunks' and then downloads different parts of the file from different people (like bit-torrent), which speeds things up enormously if the person you got the filelist from is doing 500KB/s and theres someone else with it that can do 30MB/s+. 0.705+ can't work with non-hashing clients.

QUOTE (neon @ Jan 19 2009, 12:24 AM) *
Was probably a regular player having a chat to miniwalks... oh noes, but the admins arent allowed to socialize!

If they were then they were doing the lan a nice favour by masquerading as an admin and abusing some player they didn't know. I know 3xtremeLAN is very strict about who is and who isn't allowed in the admin area for reasons like this...

--------------------
this is a signature
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sando
post Jan 19 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #24
Respawn Alumni

Next event:

Keep it in mind that Respawn LAN is a non-profit organisation; all monies from player admission goes directly back into paying for the event. We don't get paid for running our events (crazy, I know).

Thanks for the feedback.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
lime
post Jan 19 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #25
Player

Next event:

Dot points seem the easiest way to do this:

-Did the tf2 comp end up being ran? I left around midday on Sunday and there was no mention of it by then which is a pitty.
-As someone else suggested, some delayed spec cam, which stv supports, or a demo of the of the finals on the projector would have been really nice. Apart from the winners standing on the stage I really didn't know when x comp had finished or if was even a close game sad.gif
-Not really worth its own point but congrats to Zardos for winning the fail award on flatout 2 (i think >.>). Always good to see someone so happy about sucking laugh.gif
-DC ran like a sack of spuds for the majority of the time but I'm fairly sure that it was on my end. The network seemed fine otherwise.
-Power was fine. Was the kettle reclaimed or was it tossed later on?
-Seating was fine, it might have been a bit crowded if you were stuck in the middle of a row or on the wall.
-Temperature at the venue was fine, maybe a bit cold just before dawn but nothing a jumper couldn't fix.
-No idea on the food, learned my lesson after some bad shafted snags. Ditto with coffee and cold drinks minus the lesson.

Overall it was an slightly above average lan. I've been to better and probably to worse but I will make the trip again. Cheers.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jan 19 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #26
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (lime @ Jan 19 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Dot points seem the easiest way to do this:

-Did the tf2 comp end up being ran? I left around midday on Sunday and there was no mention of it by then which is a pitty.
-As someone else suggested, some delayed spec cam, which stv supports, or a demo of the of the finals on the projector would have been really nice. Apart from the winners standing on the stage I really didn't know when x comp had finished or if was even a close game sad.gif
-Not really worth its own point but congrats to Zardos for winning the fail award on flatout 2 (i think >.>). Always good to see someone so happy about sucking laugh.gif
-DC ran like a sack of spuds for the majority of the time but I'm fairly sure that it was on my end. The network seemed fine otherwise.
-Power was fine. Was the kettle reclaimed or was it tossed later on?
-Seating was fine, it might have been a bit crowded if you were stuck in the middle of a row or on the wall.
-Temperature at the venue was fine, maybe a bit cold just before dawn but nothing a jumper couldn't fix.
-No idea on the food, learned my lesson after some bad shafted snags. Ditto with coffee and cold drinks minus the lesson.

Overall it was an slightly above average lan. I've been to better and probably to worse but I will make the trip again. Cheers.

TF2 didnt end up running unfortunatly due to reason outside of my control, i spoke to several players at the LAN some of who could and some couldnt run TF2 for some reason. apparantly an update of some sort (though this isnt mentioned on steam)

i had this issue of tf2 wanting to update even though it said it was updated 100% and copying over other people GCFs didnt help either.

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
XECUTER
post Jan 19 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #27
Player

Next event:

Guys this was my first ever proper lan. Had a fantastic time played alot of games.......biggest let down was my lack of hard drive space lol. It was a really well run event the network was insanely fast. DC++ was great except the later version, i was refferred to an older version and was sweeeeeet.

somebody really should have advised sleeping haha i regret not sleeping at all. It would be good if we had a dedicated direct link to the admins in a chat format for when we have issues with things like i couldnt get UT4 working and was too tired to find a tech lol

Also there should be a place to post requests for a game. like i wanted play command and conquer 3 and i put a post in the forum but it failed haha

Thanks for a great weekend guys i had a great time. Thanks to the organisers and the people that helped me out with issues i had.

--------------------
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz Dual Channel
Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Motherboard
512Mb Inno3D 9800GTX+
250Gb SataII HDD
Vantec ION2+ 600W PSU
Standard Tower Case
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
MiniWalks
post Jan 19 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #28
Respawn Alumni

Next event:

In regards to DC++,

Please feel free to pm me on the #Respawn on irc.oz.org, i will be doing further tweaks to the hub to allow for only certain versions to be used, unfortunatly, i was one of the people using 306 (purely coz i couldnt get around to hashing, will be fixed for next tiem).

From me to my team on power,
A HUGE THANKYOU to all that helped me setup the gear, i was in minimal capacity this lan due to a recently torn shoudler, and needed all the help that i could get.
-Slov - Ithuriel
-Biltek - Goose10
-Andrew - DeadMan
-Glasseater - WolfMother

(If i have forgotten anyone who helped with power, let me know, and i will edit, and a pre-emptive apology)

From me to the other admins/gophers/volunteers,
I think that you guys and girls are fantastic, and without you the lan would struggle to be as awesome as it is. Names that i can remember
- Zardoz - Tank
- Katster - Vortex_V
- Blackjack - Sando
- Xitation - Spite
- The_Shadow - R4N
- Oohms - Hider
- Corona - Gyix

Again, if i have forgotton someone, refer to note above tongue.gif

As for TMM, i think that these comments are unfounded, i myself was sitting there, yes i was playing a game, but i do not recall such a tone or language being used, i am sorry if you had a bad experience, but i think that the effort that you have put into flaming respawn could be far better used in other areas of life.

As for the running of the lan,

Some comps are extremely hard to run, mainly the ones that involve "Listening Servers" as it requires the help/co-ordination of many more people.

Personally, power was the best i have seen at any big event, with only 3 total issues i know of, 2 due to simple user error, 1 due to a 2200W kettle. Of which none can be anticipated.

--------------------

- Menu of life, Exit of death, Your final grave, In peace you may rest
QUOTE: 16:31 < Jeffy> MiniWalks i bow to your superiority
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jan 19 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #29
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (XECUTER @ Jan 19 2009, 10:31 PM) *
Guys this was my first ever proper lan. Had a fantastic time played alot of games.......biggest let down was my lack of hard drive space lol. It was a really well run event the network was insanely fast. DC++ was great except the later version, i was refferred to an older version and was sweeeeeet.

somebody really should have advised sleeping haha i regret not sleeping at all. It would be good if we had a dedicated direct link to the admins in a chat format for when we have issues with things like i couldnt get UT4 working and was too tired to find a tech lol

Also there should be a place to post requests for a game. like i wanted play command and conquer 3 and i put a post in the forum but it failed haha

Thanks for a great weekend guys i had a great time. Thanks to the organisers and the people that helped me out with issues i had.

good suggestion mate.

we normally put up a post on the forums for any game requests, however if there is anything you want run you can config the server and give it to me or R4N and we would be happy to host in for you. we have that much server power it aint funny

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Jan 19 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #30
Power Gopher

Next event:

QUOTE (XECUTER @ Jan 19 2009, 10:31 PM) *

people dont really check the forums lol

a mirc or something would be nice
or even a vent server so everyone can talk and say their stupid shit lol

but i suppose it would just fill up with randoms like dc chat lol
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jan 19 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #31
Player

Next event:

lol SloV

i will be running a proper teamspeak server next lan for random chat smile.gif

any spamming and cop a ban.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Jan 19 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #32
Power Gopher

Next event:

QUOTE (dead_man @ Jan 19 2009, 10:49 PM) *
lol SloV

i will be running a proper teamspeak server next lan for random chat smile.gif

any spamming and cop a ban.

i talked to zardos about bringin my projector for my sexbox360 for nex lan to set it up for some afk fun for the peoples but just shoooting ideas around but u already know that tongue.gif

banning lowwer and newer versions of dc be good just put a news update on main page if u do,

be nice if pings would open up again :(saves driving all the way outta the place to get foods sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Jan 19 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #33
Player

Next event:

whats wrong with 0.306?! i had *no* issues and i dldd like 300gb tongue.gif (HEAPS for me ahah)

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jan 19 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #34
Player

Next event:

306 fails hard

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TMM
post Jan 19 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #35
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (lime @ Jan 19 2009, 11:04 PM) *
-Did the tf2 comp end up being ran? I left around midday on Sunday and there was no mention of it by then which is a pitty

It was canned because there was a TF2 update released on steam early on during the lan, and peoples computers which did manage to get the update couldn't connect to the server (older version)

QUOTE (Tank @ Jan 19 2009, 11:59 PM) *
whats wrong with 0.306?! i had *no* issues and i dldd like 300gb tongue.gif (HEAPS for me ahah)

No hashing, which means if you download 99% of a file and then the user goes offline, there is no way of finding the same file from another person and getting the last 1%, you have to start over.

QUOTE (MiniWalks @ Jan 19 2009, 11:42 PM) *
As for TMM, i think that these comments are unfounded, i myself was sitting there, yes i was playing a game, but i do not recall such a tone or language being used, i am sorry if you had a bad experience, but i think that the effort that you have put into flaming respawn could be far better used in other areas of life.

Probably because you had your headphones on, who was the other guy anyway? I wasn't in the mood to argue with the guy, he wasn't worth a second of my time...

--------------------
this is a signature
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
xbox_girl
post Jan 19 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #36
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (TMM @ Jan 19 2009, 11:01 PM) *

Probably because you had your headphones on, who was the other guy anyway? I wasn't in the mood to argue with the guy, he wasn't worth a second of my time...

You seem like a tool sweet pea smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
WooKiE_MaN
post Jan 19 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #37
Player

Next event:

TMM ill make this plain and simple

Your a nincompoop jackass

get over yourself, respawn owns and it always will, go back to extremelan......

The lan was 10/10, i never complain about any Respawn LAN as im gratefull to be apart off it as it takes alot of hard working people to get it up and running fantastic

Free slots for all of you, except for TMM

--------------------
GAMING | SP35P2 PRO |Q9650 | 4GB CORSAIR 800 | 2x640 RAID 0 | HD5870 1GB |
SERVER | Q9450 | P5Q DELUXE | 8GB TEAM BLACK 1066 | 13 TB RAID 5 | HD4670 | T.R.U.E 120 |
WIFES | Q6600 @ 3.2 1.31v | P5Q PRO | 4GB CORSAIR 1066 | 8.25 TB | ASUS 8800 ULTRA | H20 CPU + GPU
LAPTOP | P7350 | 4GB CORSAIR 800 | 320G 7200 SATA | 9600M GT 512 | 15.4 1280x800 WIDESCREEN |
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
MiniWalks
post Jan 19 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #38
Respawn Alumni

Next event:

QUOTE (TMM @ Jan 19 2009, 11:01 PM) *

If that was the case, then how did i answer your question.....

Also, your comments re: 306 just reinforces the fact that you do not know what you are on about. Several times i have changed sources on a download and not have it fail the download.

Also, if the person "wasnt worth a second of your time" then why have you seen the need to begin a flame war ? Again just proving your immaturity.

This is the last of my 2c for this matter.

--------------------

- Menu of life, Exit of death, Your final grave, In peace you may rest
QUOTE: 16:31 < Jeffy> MiniWalks i bow to your superiority
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
neon
post Jan 19 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #39
Player

Next event:

enough bitching!

Lan was aweosome, end of story, close thread biggrin.gif

MiniWalks, you did a fantastic job with the power dude. Apart from the nub with the kettle, it ran well. For the largest event run by respawn yet, you did a great job of distributing power! As requested, I didnt bring my UPS. Shouldn't have really bitched about it. It wasnt needed, the power in the venue is the best i've experienced at any lan party. There WAS someone with a UPS, and that person knows who he is... but it didnt appear to cause any issues. BTW MiniWalks, you're not a tard tongue.gif (late night, tired, annoyed. my bad)

All in all, A fantastic event. Will be there at V11. See you all there.

--------------------
.:neon:.

---> http://www.sanlan.com.au <--- Mornington Peninsula LAN Party!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
WooKiE_MaN
post Jan 19 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #40
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (neon @ Jan 20 2009, 12:05 AM) *
enough bitching!

There WAS someone with a UPS, and that person knows who he is... but it didnt appear to cause any issues.

Stop bitching Neon... tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

wink.gif

Think i might being a Portable oven next Respawn, as the the power should hold up ohmy.gif

--------------------
GAMING | SP35P2 PRO |Q9650 | 4GB CORSAIR 800 | 2x640 RAID 0 | HD5870 1GB |
SERVER | Q9450 | P5Q DELUXE | 8GB TEAM BLACK 1066 | 13 TB RAID 5 | HD4670 | T.R.U.E 120 |
WIFES | Q6600 @ 3.2 1.31v | P5Q PRO | 4GB CORSAIR 1066 | 8.25 TB | ASUS 8800 ULTRA | H20 CPU + GPU
LAPTOP | P7350 | 4GB CORSAIR 800 | 320G 7200 SATA | 9600M GT 512 | 15.4 1280x800 WIDESCREEN |
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:24 AM