2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Respawn Needs YOU!, The time is now.
Tank
post Aug 18 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

We love fresh meat. We love fresh meat so much, we want some more.

The Respawn team is always on the hunt for more people willing to help out with the event. The skills required to run Respawn are many and varied, but we need the most help during the set up and pack up processes - nice strong able-bodied people who are willing to do a bit of hard work.

If you’re interested in any of the following roles, we may be the organisation for you!
Setting/packing up tables and chairs, (un)loading equipment, cable rolling and laying
Running a competition/fun comp/AFK comp
Food handling and front desk managing
Security or traffic management

Being available early Friday or able to stay back until pack up has been completed on Sunday is a highly desirable attribute (although not both - we realise not everyone is inhumanly fit). Being fun, trustworthy and the ability to follow instructions is mandatory.

(It is worth noting that if you just want to help us pack up, you’re more than welcome to stay back after the event and help for as much or little time as you are able - we appreciate every bit of help that’s given, especially once the LAN is over and we just want to get home to the shower)

While we don’t offer any financial rewards for helping out, we definitely don’t forget the work that is done, and at the very least we offer some Respawn store credit.

Still interested? Awesome! Let us know by posting below, or contacting an admin. We love awesome people, and we hope you’ll love us too. laugh.gif

--The Respawn Team

--------------------
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jinky
post Aug 18 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Tank @ Aug 18 2010, 01:58 PM) *
Setting/packing up tables and chairs, (un)loading equipment, cable rolling and laying - Prefer this
Security or traffic management - Don't mind doing that.

Refer to quote above, if you need contact details then I will PM if needed.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Plunks
post Aug 18 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

Im happy to do anything to help, done food handling through work, labouring as a job. Happy to help!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
+++
post Aug 18 2010, 04:10 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

Being available early Friday or able to stay back until pack up has been completed on Sunday is a highly desirable attribute (although not both - we realise not everyone is inhumanly fit).

Like what times is 'early Friday'? 10am, 12pm, 2pm (going via the weekend 'early' system tongue.gif) or other ?

(Cause for some ppl like meh, they might go to latrobe uni and are there already etc)
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post Aug 18 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

Labourer here as well, also have a ticket in traffic management. I could also do the security side of things, but you never know whos packing heat so it doesn't seem worth it for no coin.

Also i'm not fun but am trustworthy.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Aug 18 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (+++ @ Aug 18 2010, 04:10 PM) *
Being available early Friday or able to stay back until pack up has been completed on Sunday is a highly desirable attribute (although not both - we realise not everyone is inhumanly fit).
Like what times is 'early Friday'? 10am, 12pm, 2pm (going via the weekend 'early' system tongue.gif) or other ?

We would prefer people earlier than later to get the setup done, Cables rolled out. So preferrably 10am. That said there are other job's that do start later but the bulk of Friday is done during daylight hours (9am-5pm) the balance is completing cabling (such as replacing boards that test as faulty for example, or fixing cabling that is tested as dead).

Tell us what you're interested in helping out with, and I'm sure an admin will work with you to accomodate your specific needs and ours (work study balance is key)

QUOTE (Lord Infamous @ Aug 18 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Labourer here as well, also have a ticket in traffic management. I could also do the security side of things, but you never know whos packing heat so it doesn't seem worth it for no coin.

The chance of someone "packing heat" is pretty slim. Traffic management is something that we do need on a regular basis to help keep the cars moving on Saturday morning whilst not upsetting our partner Latrobe University. That would require you there the night before so we can discuss and ready to roll at 8am Saturday morning.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Alioth
post Aug 18 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

Friday is a no-go, but am happy to be a grunt throughout the weekend and during pack-up.
Also, wouldn't be afraid to have a crack at running some AFK comps (LEGO BOARD GAMES AND NINTENDO DS, ZOMG HELLS YEAH!).

Also I'm fun but am not trustworthy.

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
tacticus
post Aug 19 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

Well i just found out that the workstation wont be that day so i should be good
i'll book holidays this week
(3 4 day weeks in a row!)
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Troy
post Aug 19 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

i will be there on friday morning at the same time as i was last time
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Aug 19 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #10
Hueg.

Next event:

Hey guys. We will contact everyone who has expressed interest, Your help is greatly appreciated!

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Shub0xx
post Aug 20 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

Good afternoon everyone,

Always willing to assist wherever possible, time, attendance and health permitting.

--------------------
--Shub0xx
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Aug 22 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

Lots of awesome helpers makes life so much easier! Means we can get stuff done so much quicker!

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
xbox_girl
post Aug 22 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

Happy to help out on the friday through to sunday, if you still need it.

No skills in traffic management but you never know. Think I'll be most helpful in the organisation/admin ish sort of things, you know being a girl and all.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post Aug 22 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Aug 18 2010, 07:03 PM) *

The chance of someone "packing heat" is pretty slim. Traffic management is something that we do need on a regular basis to help keep the cars moving on Saturday morning whilst not upsetting our partner Latrobe University. That would require you there the night before so we can discuss and ready to roll at 8am Saturday morning.

Once a few of the local boys get wind of a hall filled with millions of dollars worth of shit, a few volunteer security guards and no police presence 'Heat' is a very scary thing.

I won't waste anyones time, I doubt ill be able to help out within these strict timeframes you're setting.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Alioth
post Aug 22 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Lord Infamous @ Aug 22 2010, 08:26 PM) *
Once a few of the local boys get wind of a hall filled with millions of dollars worth of shit, a few volunteer security guards and no police presence 'Heat' is a very scary thing.

So are 100 odd geeks with Nerf guns! Throw in some "1337" CS:S skillz and we're more than capable of taking out any threats.
Either that, or campus security.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post Aug 23 2010, 02:48 AM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

If they see that post we're done for.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Aug 23 2010, 03:19 AM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

The strict timeframes you set really aren't all that strict. We look at things as best we can. I know there are a few people reading this thread asking what they can do and when can they do it? I think the best thing to consider with helping us out, We are very flexible as we know all our players have lives (work, study, family, religious). R4N has mentioned he will contact those interested, tell us what you want to help with and when your available to help.

* This occurs from 9am Friday morning and we finish pack up usually around 6pm Sunday night *
Setting/packing up tables and chairs
(un)loading equipment
cable rolling and laying
preparing, laminating, sorting tags
preparing the venue based on theme

Traffic management there is an early morning brief to discuss options and our plan of attack, then from about 8am onwards we're outside keeping the traffic moving. Parking and moving cars (we don't drive them but tell them where to park and move) by regulating the flow of traffic. This lasts usually until about 12pm so it's usually about a 4hr shift.

Best contact Tank for these options but they are generally across the weekend Saturday 10am to Sunday 3pm as she has plans that work well!
Security
Running a competition/fun comp/AFK comp
Food handling and front desk management

Hope this post gives you guys some insight into Respawn operations and what we do.

QUOTE (Lord Infamous @ Aug 22 2010, 08:26 PM) *

Really, you've missed one key point. We're on LaTrobe University campus, we have direct links to the security gate and the police if we need them. There has never been a security incident because everyone is vigilant and protects their equipment. There is always someone watching, manning the front desk which is our main entry/exit.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Aug 23 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

Also there has always been at least one licensed security guard inside (lol sekret) and I believe from this even onwards we will have a proper obvious security guard at the front entrance.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Shadow Reaper
post Aug 26 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #19
Competitions & Power Admin

Next event:

I am able to help pretty much all weekend and on friday as well. Basically your good gopher. PM me if still needed
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Evil ZeR0
post Oct 7 2010, 05:27 AM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

if you need any licensed security volunteers i would be happy to help i own my own security company so it wont be a problem can be uniformed if needed.

i would like to be able to do some actual lan things as well tho especially since im a volunteer.

--------------------

Shuttle Prime
Shuttle SX48P2 Deluxe
Intel Quad Q9550 2.8GHz 1333MHz FSB @ 3.4Ghz 1600 Mhz FSB
3x 1TB Western Digital SATA 2
XFX GTX 280 XXX Edition
4 x 2g OCZ Plat 1600 DDR3
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:14 PM