Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More competition info
Zardoz
post Jun 26 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #1
Respawn LAN big kahoona

Next event:

Just an update on some of the competitions and happenings next weekend:
  • Flatout 2 - please vote over here (forums link) as to what options you'd like - race, derby, maps etc. Flatout 2 was popular last LAN and it's sure to be even more popular this time around.
  • Counter-Strike: Source will attract prize money just like last time.
  • Warcraft III 1v1 and DOTA will have $150 (first), $50 (second) and $250 (for DOTA) prizes respectively
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Worms World Party will actually run and be hours of hilarity.
  • Hard Drive Throwing will probably feature a Maxtor 250GB hard drive - I've had eight of these fail on me, at least and I need to vent my frustrations.
  • Counter-Strike: Source Gungame will have the guns in REVERSE ORDER (Para first, AWP second etc ending with the grende level and then knife to win). The map will be breakfloor2k5.
  • COD4 will probably be a disorganised shambles again but we're aiming for Search & Destroy, 5v5 teams
  • War3 Naval Combat may or may not run depending on interest; this will be a buy-in, winner takes all competition.
  • Tribes is a good game, shame nobody else really played it. Zardoz really wants some 6v6 action on raindance or or something. Download it for free, I;m sure there are links on Tribin' or something.

We'll have some older games happening over the weekend, such as Super Mario Bros, Battlefield 1942, QuakeWorld, DOOM 2 and many more! (has anybody got an Atari 2600 with a way to get an AV output? We'd love to run a PONG tournament).

Also don't forget our AFK comps which include the Pinata and REAL LIFE PONG....

Yep.

We look forward to seeing you all there!
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tank
post Jun 26 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

Also dont forget Respawns Famous A.F.K comps! Including REAL LIFE PONG! and the fantastic Pinyata!

biggrin.gif

-Tank

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jun 29 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #3
Hueg.

Next event:

woo pinyata

*gets his bat*

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheTacoMan
post Jun 30 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

Seriously, War3 naval combat, tribes, CS: Gungame.... and no Team Fortress 2? God i want extremelan to come back, at least they had decent comps
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sando
post Jun 30 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #5
Respawn Alumni

Next event:

QUOTE (TheTacoMan @ Jun 30 2008, 07:44 PM) *
Seriously, War3 naval combat, tribes, CS: Gungame.... and no Team Fortress 2? God i want extremelan to come back, at least they had decent comps

Those games are really easy for people to get into and easy for us to organise. We'd love to be able to run a TF2 comp but there just isn't enough teams (we had only three at v6) to even bother with one. If there is enough interest, we will definitely reconsider.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jun 30 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #6
Hueg.

Next event:

The current competitions and their prizes are based on the number of people/teams interested in playing them.

For example we always get a huge crowd for CS:S and Dota. Recently COD4 has also spawned quite a bit of team interest and we are boosting the status of that comp at V7. Flatout 2 is quite simply... MASSIVE, 36 people joined in at V7 and it was mad fun biggrin.gif. TF2 was trailed at respawn V6 and there was little to no interest from the players. About 1 slut team and 2 others, and it was well... crap tongue.gif

I have the servers ready for a TF2 comp, it would take me bugger all time to start them if required. SO i will start a TF2 comp thread
IF we get some people interested "ill sure as hell play", we can run one, but it would most likely be late sat night tongue.gif

R4N

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:03 PM