Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When is the next Respawn?
What on earth shall we do, guys?
The choice is (partly) yours....:
Run on September 27/28th anyway and take our chances. [ 39 ] ** [75.00%]
Run a smaller event on October 4/5th with sv_maxplayers 150 and pack 'em in like sardines! [ 3 ] ** [5.77%]
As above, but convince Extreme LAN to run on Sept 26/27th and invade! [ 10 ] ** [19.23%]
Total Votes: 52
Guests cannot vote 
Zardoz
post Jul 29 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #1
Respawn LAN big kahoona

Next event:

We're defintely glad to hear people asking that question more often than not!

Unfortunately, the only weekend available to us for the rest of the year is the weekend of September 27-28th, which is the Grand Final Weekend and clashes with a small LAN that many of our gophers and some of our admins are directly involved with. So our choices are:

• Screw the other guys, we'll run an event anyway and take our chances with a reduced team on that weekend. We could all watch the final on the projector...
  • Run a smaller event on October 4th/5th October with a max player count of 150 in the smaller venue, The Odeon (right next to our regular place).
  • Run the smaller event, and convince Extreme LAN to run on the Sept 27/28th weekend and let's all rock up and invade the event with our awesomeness.
So we've put up a poll (clicky clicky) to gauge what you, the community thinks we should do about this dilemma.

The next dates we are looking at will be mid to late January 2009 for a 350+ player event.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sleeper
post Jul 30 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

I vote option 3.

Two LANs are better than one.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Aug 2 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

I say....

even though i voted 1 blindly until i realised the critical blue screen error that i'd made...

Run the 2 events, put the other guys in the odeon, and run some major truckage between the two!! mass pipeage (some 10GE links) between the two and have MEGA LAN *in booming voice*

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Patryn
post Aug 3 2008, 09:13 AM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

i thought the 3rd option was to have the Respawn in october and Extreme in september.... *yawns*
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
LolSauce
post Aug 3 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

Have it next weekend

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
neon
post Aug 3 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

respawn is the best, screw the rest.

I'm happy to help out setting up if your admin team is a little short.

--------------------
.:neon:.

---> http://www.sanlan.com.au <--- Mornington Peninsula LAN Party!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
iskra
post Aug 4 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

If the event was run, I would most likely attend after grand final. Unless Western Bulldogs win then I would be parting.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
iskra
post Aug 4 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

If the event was run, I would most likely attend after grand final. Unless Western Bulldogs win then I would be parting.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Raptor
post Aug 4 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

I say just run the event, regardless. Trying to convince Extreme LAN to run on that weekend is a gamble in its own, plus I think that most people would enjoy having the event as its always been, even if some of the admins and others are missing. Also, the idea of having the final on the projector sounds good. Considering v8 had 430/350 registered, I don't think there will be any problems with numbers.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Zardoz
post Aug 5 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #10
Respawn LAN big kahoona

Next event:

Hi,

Unfortunately the problem isn't the players necessarily but those who help us with the events who have signalled their intentions to attend the bi-monthly event Bluewire.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Aug 6 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (neon @ Aug 3 2008, 04:19 PM) *
respawn is the best, screw the rest.

I'm happy to help out setting up if your admin team is a little short.

Thats a big gamble isnt it? Western Bulldogs? Seriously?

Zardoz: Surely there are competant people you can call on in times of crisis? Or alternatively a red button in a glass case you can break open and push in such an emergency?

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Aug 6 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Aug 6 2008, 12:36 PM) *
Zardoz: Surely there are competant people you can call on in times of crisis? Or alternatively a red button in a glass case you can break open and push in such an emergency?

yea, there are a few people that you could call on to help if need be, however they would have to be there fairly early, if you have ever gophered at the LAN you would know what i mean, 65hours without sleep = WIN

and the red glass holds some form of alcohol, dont know what it is, never had to use it laugh.gif

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Patryn
post Aug 6 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

those bums! hahaha.

I like Respawn better though... ^^

but yeah... numbers wouldn't be a problem i guess. just admin staff... argh... I can only help out during the event though. ><
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
neon
post Aug 9 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

When it comes down to it, I would choose respawn lan over 3xtreme, as my last 3xtreme experience was not fantastic, and both respawns i have been to have been completely awesome.
Zardoz, I'm happy to help set up the hall, but i dont have experience with cisco gear or any of that, so the technical stuff i'll leave to you guys, but im more than happy to help set up the hall if the lan is short staffed.

I dont think 3xtremelan will be a huge issue, as the sign up lists for both LAN's tend to be the same people, and the vibe i get is that most would rather attend respawn. Bluewire may be an issue, though since its just around the corner, perhaps invite them to join with respawn.

--------------------
.:neon:.

---> http://www.sanlan.com.au <--- Mornington Peninsula LAN Party!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bAKER
post Aug 9 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

i thought that extreme lan died int he ass lol
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ninja
post Aug 12 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][size="7"][/size]i went to the last lan and it was great. there are two teams in the grand final so that is what like a couple of people not turning up who cares there were extras that couldnt get in last time so do it on grand finall wek end screw the footy
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Troll
post Aug 12 2008, 03:02 AM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

TBH it is stupid to split the community. And holding a LAN on grand final weekend is also a bad idea.
Is it BWL or 3xtreme? cos if its BWL then run the event. Going off last respawn and the space limitations at diamond creek everyone will be able to LAN

If there is cash/prizes up for grabs in a CSS comp ZR will be there with bells on.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
djzort
post Aug 13 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

we are going to come down from sydney for a september event. we dont care about whatever finals etc are on. 72% vote seems to be fairly much in agreement with that sentiment.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dancer89
post Aug 13 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (djzort @ Aug 13 2008, 10:34 AM) *
we are going to come down from sydney for a september event. we dont care about whatever finals etc are on. 72% vote seems to be fairly much in agreement with that sentiment.

Hopefully coming down.

Good to see someone else from fragfest has voted smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
RavenXIII
post Aug 13 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (dancer89 @ Aug 13 2008, 11:02 AM) *
Hopefully coming down.

Good to see someone else from fragfest has voted smile.gif

I Voted yay
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:35 PM