Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minecraft at Respawn, Minecraft
orbit
post Dec 24 2010, 09:17 AM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hi Guys,

What did you guys think of minecraft at respawn v19? I realise that there were heaps of issues with the server going down and some people not being able to play due to a "/kill" glitch.
As Notch sorts out his game things will get better and the game with (hopfully) become more stable.

Do you think it is worth having a minecraft server at respawn hosted by the admin team (probibly on one of the more powerful servers) or should we just leave the servers up to the players?
I have been playing around with Hey0's server mod and i'll be hosting an internet Minecraft server of my own to get used to how it all works and to try and avoid any furthur issues next respawn (if we run another minecraft server that is).

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips to running a Minecraft server? What do you want to see for the next one?

Respawn v19 we had some issues with a few griefers that really upset some players. It was never stated anywhere that griefing wasnt allowed however i thought it was implied. I will be sure to be a bit more specific next time to avoid this sort of thing happening in the future. What rules should we have set up?

Also i just wanted to give a shout out to the winners of the previous "Build something cool Minecraft Fun comp":
zeblackeagle
Theranteen
Sandwidch91
DarkNexus

I really couldnt decide on just one winner this time around, there was just too much awesome going on. I will be posting screenshots of what they managed to build during V19 soon.
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post Jan 7 2011, 05:28 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

I've been in a Minecraft lull lately, there was an Australian based server that I used to frequent that has been down for a few weeks now. But when you get used to the server mods, and realise that it's people like Hey0 making SMP playable, it's hard to play on the vanilla server. Have a look at hmod, and the different plugins for it, definitely worthwhile.

I'd be all for a Respawn Minecraft server too, but those things chew through downloads, and are bandwidth-intensive. Notch really needs to get his act together.

Don't forget the pics orbit!

PS - http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.ph...014&t=24510 <-- The other MC server I go on, the aussie one. It's been down for a while, but hopefully should be up again in the next few days.

--------------------
"The Maelstrom is a dark force that seeks the destruction of all imagination"
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Jan 7 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

I did have one hosted for Orbitoid. but I think it fell over.

I can fire it back up, but you'd need to get Orbit to reconfigure/confirm it.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lord Infamous
post Jan 10 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

I play on the Something awful TCC sub forum server.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Prim
post Mar 4 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

With a name like 'Block party' for respawn 20, minecraft is a definate must smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Mar 6 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #6
Power Gopher

Next event:

QUOTE (Prim @ Mar 4 2011, 11:02 AM) *
With a name like 'Block party' for respawn 20, minecraft is a definate must smile.gif

im happy to slap together a server dedicated for mine craft ,

just need to know how far i need to go on parts specs side of it !! lol

i got a spare e8500 when i upgrade my server cpu, and just buy parts here and there

could prob host it at home too dont download much of late!

some one will have to set it up tho, only good at playing it not hosting it, altho last time i hosted it at mates place was not to hard biggrin.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Guni
post Mar 6 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

I could host one, i have all the mods and programs but im a tad bit lazy sooo -.-

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Mar 6 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #8
Power Gopher

Next event:

QUOTE (Guni @ Mar 6 2011, 08:44 PM) *
I could host one, i have all the mods and programs but im a tad bit lazy sooo -.-

dont be lazy, ill buy u a donut if your not lazy biggrin.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 7 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

Sorry for the image heavy post guys. I finally delivered!
Attached File  Darknexus2.jpg ( 313.9K ) Number of downloads: 28

Attached File  Darknexus2.jpg ( 313.9K ) Number of downloads: 28

Attached File  Darknexus3.jpg ( 155.23K ) Number of downloads: 11

Attached File  minecraft_creeper_1.jpg ( 547.37K ) Number of downloads: 14

Attached File  minecraft_creeper_2.jpg ( 426.41K ) Number of downloads: 13

Attached File  minecraft_creeper_3.jpg ( 406.83K ) Number of downloads: 9

Attached File  minecraft_creeper_4.jpg ( 492.9K ) Number of downloads: 11

Attached File  minecraft_creeper_5.jpg ( 411.93K ) Number of downloads: 10

Attached File  writing.jpg ( 667.7K ) Number of downloads: 11

This isnt all of the pics but i cannot find any more of them now.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Darknexus1.jpg ( 245.24K ) Number of downloads: 10

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 7 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

oh yeah and an honerable mention to this guy. He wasnt in our server but he made some very cool stuff. It looks like he used server commands (like get tongue.gif) to get the materials that he needed. Still very cool none the less.
Attached File  revolution909_minecraft.jpg ( 394.18K ) Number of downloads: 16
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 7 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

Now that i have all of that out of the way. What do you guys think about getting a Respawn Minecraft server up and running? Now that Minecraft is in Beta is seems to be a little bit more stable (for now) so we might be able to get some mods in it too if you want them.

We will just need to get someone to agree to let us use some resources on a computer that wont be going offline any time soon. I would use my VPS for it but it only has 512MB of RAM.

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to donate say 2GB of RAM, some CPU time and around 10GB a month worth of bandwidth on a server somewhere? or maybe we can get a donation thing happening and rent one out in the name of Respawn?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Mar 7 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #12
Power Gopher

Next event:

im happy to donate a spare e8500 to the casue smile.gif can clock up to 4.2 ghz on water if that helps smile.gif got some spare hdds too, if anyone can donate a small case and psu, ill hun around for a matx mobo or something to run it smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Mar 9 2011, 03:31 PM
Post #13
Power Gopher

Next event:

i just got another mad idea !!! what about if, i bring my projector, and have a live stream of the map all lan ? ? ? ? ? ? ?yea yea yea ? well yea ?but how do u stream at lan ? lol
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Mar 9 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

Orbit: ask deadman to host it on his v-centre

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 10 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SLoV @ Mar 9 2011, 04:31 PM) *
i just got another mad idea !!! what about if, i bring my projector, and have a live stream of the map all lan ? ? ? ? ? ? ?yea yea yea ? well yea ?but how do u stream at lan ? lol

We could have a live map being generated and put up on the big projector up the front if we are allowed. I see space issues arrising if you bring your own projector. It might be ok you would just have to ask the right people.

I havent tried it yet but I'm thinking of using this to generate a map for us:
http://www.minecraftam.com/About.aspx

Does anyone else have a better suggestion for generating a real time map that we can display to everyone? maybe if we can get it embedded in a website that would be ideal so we can just tell people the link and they can look at the map up close for themselves?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Mar 10 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #16
Power Gopher

Next event:

bringing a projector shouldnt be a problem i have brought it in the past and set it up on the annex
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 11 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

Cool, if the admins are ok with it then bring it along and i'll see if i can get this map mod working. Maybe we could put other things on it as well?

Does anyone else know of/use a better Live map generator for Minecraft?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Mar 13 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #18
Power Gopher

Next event:

ive got an amd 3 core 2.8 ghz 4 gig ram etc mini comp we can use as the server now too smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 13 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (SLoV @ Mar 13 2011, 12:55 PM) *
ive got an amd 3 core 2.8 ghz 4 gig ram etc mini comp we can use as the server now too smile.gif

The main thing i was looking for was a server with an internet connection to use when not at respawn. There is no short of powerful comptuers we can use at Respawn but when we take the server down it would be nice to be able to keep it running online so everyone can join it and build on things while at home.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SLoV
post Mar 14 2011, 10:25 AM
Post #20
Power Gopher

Next event:

QUOTE (orbit @ Mar 13 2011, 08:17 PM) *
QUOTE (SLoV @ Mar 13 2011, 12:55 PM) *

The main thing i was looking for was a server with an internet connection to use when not at respawn. There is no short of powerful comptuers we can use at Respawn but when we take the server down it would be nice to be able to keep it running online so everyone can join it and build on things while at home.

well thats why i said before im happy to host it on my cable connection if it will be fast enough for it !

or just have a dedicated respawn lan minecraft and dedicated respawn interwebs one

or i happy just to pay $25 a month to get it hosted tongue.gif lol

http://site.moltenhosting.net.au/?q=node/38
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 04:58 AM