7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> v16 Comments etc, yepyepyep!
R4N
post May 3 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #121
Hueg.

Next event:

Can i just make something absolutely clear for the folks reading this thread.

While respawn offers a very high class network for a gaming event, we do so for the benefit of GAMING.

Respawn is not a place to leech files, nor will be support or condone such an act.

We will not support DC++ issues
We will not tell you where you can find a DC hub.
We will not support any illegal activity on our network.

Unfortunately we cannot police 500 people and any effort to do port based restrictions to limit file sharing would hamper gaming performance across the board.

Im starting to think people think leeching is legal, and publicly announcing that you leech files on a PUBLIC forum is the smart thing to do.

We are here to provide you with the best network possible to play games, not to share files.

My 2 cents smile.gif

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post May 3 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #122
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (R4N @ May 3 2010, 04:19 PM) *
Can i just make something absolutely clear for the folks reading this thread.

While respawn offers a very high class network for a gaming event, we do so for the benefit of GAMING.

Respawn is not a place to leech files, nor will be support or condone such an act.

We will not support DC++ issues
We will not tell you where you can find a DC hub.
We will not support any illegal activity on our network.

Unfortunately we cannot police 500 people and any effort to do port based restrictions to limit file sharing would hamper gaming performance across the board.

Im starting to think people think leeching is legal, and publicly announcing that you leech files on a PUBLIC forum is the smart thing to do.

We are here to provide you with the best network possible to play games, not to share files.

My 2 cents smile.gif

Agreed just wish that some people wouldn't sabotage others computers for no reason

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chopz
post May 5 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #123
Player

Next event:

Dude get over it, someone is a prick, there are pricks in all walks of life

Just Deal with it and you should know what to do or what not to do fo next time
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
BRUTALiTY
post May 30 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #124
Player

Next event:

With regards to activities and various things to keep the event interesting throughout the day/night, this might sound rather stupid - but what about doing small video interviews with people as the event unfolds and then play this on the projector for laughs?

So, every so often, walk around and ask people how they are enjoying the event, just get a few laughs, then chuck it up on the projector. It will all be just for lulz and wont exactly take any time to edit, tho maybe some humerous commentary might go down well.

Just a thought..I could see this being interesting, and I'd at least poke my head up to have a look. Despite knowing hardly anyone, let alone by face, I still get plenty of laughs on the forum, so this I'm sure would work in video smile.gif

edit: sorry, just realised I bumped this thread a little, hope this isn't too annoying!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 11:52 PM