7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> v16 Comments etc, yepyepyep!
oohms
post Apr 13 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #81
Server/Comp Gopher

Next event:

I really do think we need some kind of background music... doesn't need to be loud, stuff that is normally used as background music...

Otherwise it would be kinda dull
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MiniWalks
post Apr 13 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #82
Respawn Alumni

Next event:

QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Apr 13 2010, 05:34 PM) *
QUOTE (Redback @ Apr 13 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I'm definatly a fan of having a lounge area. Clearly needs to have rock band on projector.

... I feel sorry for the people sitting near the lounge area.... tongue.gif

Would be fine, as speakers are banned right? RockBand on projector with Headphones ... no worries wink.gif

--------------------

- Menu of life, Exit of death, Your final grave, In peace you may rest
QUOTE: 16:31 < Jeffy> MiniWalks i bow to your superiority
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
B3NN
post Apr 13 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #83
Player

Next event:

Yeah, I must admit, the guy sitting just down from me was giving me the shits with his TV and rock band going all afternoon on saturday.. even though I had headphones on I could hear it sad.gif maybe i'm starting to complain too much?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Redback
post Apr 13 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #84
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (MiniWalks @ Apr 13 2010, 05:47 PM) *
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Apr 13 2010, 05:34 PM) *
QUOTE (Redback @ Apr 13 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I'm definatly a fan of having a lounge area. Clearly needs to have rock band on projector.

... I feel sorry for the people sitting near the lounge area.... tongue.gif

Would be fine, as speakers are banned right? RockBand on projector with Headphones ... no worries wink.gif

So all you will hear is the out of time drumming and off key singing?

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Kitfox
post Apr 13 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #85
Player

Next event:

remove mic, problem solved.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Apr 14 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #86
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Kitfox @ Apr 13 2010, 09:36 PM) *
remove mic, problem solved.

or... crazy idea... DIFFERENT GAME! I know, its like so out there. Mulder from the xfiles suggested it because it was so out there.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Apr 14 2010, 07:10 AM
Post #87
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (B3NN @ Apr 13 2010, 07:14 PM) *
Yeah, I must admit, the guy sitting just down from me was giving me the shits with his TV and rock band going all afternoon on saturday.. even though I had headphones on I could hear it sad.gif maybe i'm starting to complain too much?

If he had speakers, which are BANNED, you should of come up to the admin desk and we would of spoken to him smile.gif

-Tank

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
B3NN
post Apr 14 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #88
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Tank @ Apr 14 2010, 07:10 AM) *
QUOTE (B3NN @ Apr 13 2010, 07:14 PM) *

If he had speakers, which are BANNED, you should of come up to the admin desk and we would of spoken to him smile.gif

-Tank

He was using a TV.. I guess he could have muted.. at least then I wouldn't have to listen to Nirvarna ALL F***ING AFTERNOON!! sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
priorax
post Apr 14 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #89
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

QUOTE (oohms @ Apr 13 2010, 05:43 PM) *
I really do think we need some kind of background music... doesn't need to be loud, stuff that is normally used as background music...

Otherwise it would be kinda dull

v14 we had reasonably volumed Aqua, Blackeyed Peas and youtube...
Would be more then happy to see the same person control music again
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Patryn
post Apr 14 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #90
Player

Next event:

*agrees with priorax*
music on sunday morning was horrid (way too loud and wth was it?)... almost as bad as the commentating.
as long as the music is normalised, i think it should be fine. It was annoying coz we'd have a track that was too soft, and then a ultra loud one that is even louder because someone turned up the volume to hear the one before it!!!

it'd be nicer to have the speakers raised to the where the roof is, so the sound would be more even. It would be an idea to have the speakers behind the admins, so they could feel the pain too! biggrin.gif

More easy games are good. The problem with many of the comp games is that when you get pro teams in, that scares away the amateur/casual gamers coz no1 likes being bulldozed.
I much prefer games just for the hell of it. go fun comps!

A good notification system of games would definitely be a plus.
Perhaps have a list of games people could choose to get notifications from similar to the notification system, but for everyone to use. And you'd send out a message to everyone who subscribed to the FlatOut2 list, or the TF2 list, or whatever.
Have template messages, so peoples couldn't use it for evils - "Server up now", "Game going in 5 mins", etc

I know I'd be subscribing to the Flatout2 one to join casual games if I wasn't busy with other stuff.
That'd take it out of DC chat and put it in the hands of people who actually care.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Benevolent Bovine
post Apr 15 2010, 03:13 AM
Post #91
Player

Next event:

Needs moar vomitting on the stairs IMO.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Ultimate_Sacrifice
post Apr 15 2010, 10:04 AM
Post #92
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Patryn @ Apr 14 2010, 11:54 PM) *
More easy games are good. The problem with many of the comp games is that when you get pro teams in, that scares away the amateur/casual gamers coz no1 likes being bulldozed.
I much prefer games just for the hell of it. go fun comps!

Well you cant stop that.... Its normal for someone to want to win, i myself want to win against the best. not just a few guys who just installed the game for the first time.... Competition will always be there its not unfair to play a really good team in the comps because there all double elim now so you get to play at least one "not pro" team.
I have competed in lots of different things for my whole life and everyone seems to want an easier win... I think you should just put a small amount of effort in and you mind find yourself winning some comps or at least placing well..

Pub servers are just for fun but there will always be someone better anyway. If there is any kind of prize people will be trying so you cant do anything about. Frookie one of the best gamers at this LAN entered Babo violent 2 never played it rolled out and won... you cant help good players betting you.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Finde
post Apr 15 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #93
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Queen Gainer @ Apr 13 2010, 12:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Finde @ Apr 13 2010, 11:24 AM) *
All of the CSS people need to shut up. They just make themselves sound like douchebags. The people who aren't playing don't care if you get a head shot. So shut up.
Their abuse ruined the atmosphere at times.

Because CSS is the only FPS game that was running. You have just proven that you have it out for people who might have different gaming taste to you. I heard people rage harder at playing Tron FFS.

No, I actually enjoy CS. It's just the people who play it that shit me. Is there really a need to stand up and start swearing at and abusing people across the room?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Ultimate_Sacrifice
post Apr 15 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #94
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Finde @ Apr 15 2010, 10:11 AM) *
QUOTE (Queen Gainer @ Apr 13 2010, 12:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Finde @ Apr 13 2010, 11:24 AM) *
All of the CSS people need to shut up. They just make themselves sound like douchebags. The people who aren't playing don't care if you get a head shot. So shut up.
Their abuse ruined the atmosphere at times.

Because CSS is the only FPS game that was running. You have just proven that you have it out for people who might have different gaming taste to you. I heard people rage harder at playing Tron FFS.

No, I actually enjoy CS. It's just the people who play it that shit me. Is there really a need to stand up and start swearing at and abusing people across the room?

like i said in an earlier post a lot of it internet slander so when they bee the other team there like so who are the baddies now?!?!? or what up now sweeds? WOOOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXh1sKkcYb8

or just sometimes to get extra excited and turn into a train D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_gj3c2HN28&NR=1
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Apr 15 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #95
Player

Next event:

it'd be nicer to have the speakers raised to the where the roof is, so the sound would be more even. It would be an idea to have the speakers behind the admins, so they could feel the pain too! biggrin.gif

As much as LaTrobe Uni love us, They wont pay for unnecessary capital works sad.gif

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Apr 15 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #96
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Apr 15 2010, 07:54 PM) *

As much as LaTrobe Uni love us, They wont pay for unnecessary capital works sad.gif

And hiring additional sound equipment when we dont really need to is.. silly tongue.gif

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Apr 18 2010, 10:46 PM
Post #97
Player

Next event:

quick question... when will the pics be up?

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dekar
post Apr 19 2010, 04:08 AM
Post #98
Player

Next event:

steam is fine if you prepare
players cursing at each other is fine
shoutcasting should be done through the network and optional
to get more gamers and teams, advertise respawn v16 a lot more and increase prizes
peace
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Apr 19 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #99
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (xevious @ Apr 18 2010, 10:46 PM) *
quick question... when will the pics be up?

Zardoz is currently unavailiable untill i believe wednesday, so about a week and a half smile.gif possibly longer, depending on his schedule.

-Tank

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jutzy
post Apr 19 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #100
Player

Next event:

Damn you zardoz why did you have to go and get a ipad!!!!!!!!!!

lol okay. thanks tank

--------------------
------Jutzy------
Just a regular Joe Nao!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:58 PM