2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Call of Duty 4 Comp
fletchdawg
post Aug 26 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hey, ive been to the last two respawns and i have noticed that the comp could be run alot better my suggestions are

Firstly before i list a few things, at v13 we played 4 matches including grand final and semi and it took 10 hours, if it is run the way i have suggested below there should be 10-15 minutes break in between the group stage matches and 30 minute break between finishing group stages and 30-45 minutes break after the semi for the grand final. This time @ v14 i can already tell you theres gunna be more known players etc since its school holidays and there will be nearl 20 teams just like v12.

.Having Group stages
.divide the teams into two groups
.play out all 24 rounds
.the top 2 teams from each group go to the semi final
.the group stages are scored by wins/loses/ and rounds for/against
.team 1 from group 1 vs's team 2 from group 2, team 1 from group 2 vs's team 2 from group 1
.then semi final is best out of 3 maps with strike being the default 3rd map, both teams knife on strike firstly, the victor of the knife round chooses ether to play there map or the other teams, at the time if it is your map to pick the opposing team chooses the side they start on.
.the same rule apply's for the grand final

ive won this event twice in a row and i feel for the teams who dont get to play enough whens its single elimination and this will give every one more of a go.

I hope this will give every one a fair go and run the comp more professionally like a single game comp

cheers

--------------------

x4 CoD4 Champion
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hektik
post Aug 26 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

agreed ^

--------------------
www.team-legacy.net // sponsored by www.razerzone.com
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Aug 26 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

i will take this under advisement. as you have said there will be ALOT of COD teams this event. (im banking on 20 but more may show.)

sorry but at this stage unless we run CSS and COD4 at the same time, due to time contraints and other factors i dont think anything other than a single elimination tournament structure will be viable.

COD4 ran alot longer than usual this time due to several things overlapping and other teams not being ready on time.

im going to be alot more strict on teams this event in regards to running late, team members etc. im hoping to have the comp finished in 5-6 hours this event. if everything goes to plan this event i may look at moving to this system in future.

i would also like to get the opinions of the other COD teams playing at this event on whether i should change how its run.

if people like we can talk about it after the Comp and see what we can do.

regards
Dead_Man

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
LolSauce
post Aug 26 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

Theres nothing wrong with single elimination... It always comes down to the best team winning. If you lose to 1 team, you don't earn the right to play the next. It's simple.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
fletchdawg
post Aug 26 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

yeh fair enough dead man its just we come to the event soly for cod4 and so will a few other teams this time around and im sure a few other teams competing would like to see what ive suggested, cod4 and css should be ran at the same time so that we can do it this way for both games..

--------------------

x4 CoD4 Champion
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Aug 26 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #6
^_^

Next event:

You've got to remember, yourself and a few other teams may be coming just for the CoD4 competition, but there are also quite a few other teams who come for the whole LAN, for CoD 4 and CSS, or a mix of the above. A lot of the casual teams don't want to sit around for 4 hours playing through a round robin of matches. That's not to say your point is invalid or anything, just pointing out there's less serious players too smile.gif

How the comps are being run has been quite a big discussion point amongst the competition team, though, so rest assured we're not just dismissing your, and everyone elses, suggestions.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
fletchdawg
post Aug 27 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

you say teams come for both cod4 and css, ive been to the last two respawns and they are running at the same time how are they meant to do both loL, CoD4 is going to be the largest game this respawn just hope you guys will run it like this smile.gif

--------------------

x4 CoD4 Champion
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
riskkk
post Aug 27 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

all good points

--------------------
xfire ~ due2populardemand steam ~ simmothe1
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
denied
post Aug 28 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

What fletch has said in the above is absolutely correct.
I went to V12 and played, it took a long time..
Basically what needs to be done Should be the Group stages.
Also semi finals and gran finals to be BO3
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Aug 28 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

fact is, if i get that request from 70% of the teams to do it ill consider it. however it means ill start it at 1PM alongside CS:S.

COD4 is not the only comp that needs to be run, nor the only comp people wish to enter, ill consider the proposal however i will speak to all team captains after this event and get their opinions on it.

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
fletchdawg
post Aug 28 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

guess im gunna have to win the easy way playing 4 matches again ;p

--------------------

x4 CoD4 Champion
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Aug 28 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #12
Player

Next event:

i guess i could always give you a handicap tongue.gif

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Sep 9 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

Can we have a gungame comp like eleminations like do 6-8 serevers have 10 in each and slowly eliminate players and top 4 highest levels in each server advance then next round top 2 then u have 1 final round

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Sep 9 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #14
Hueg.

Next event:

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Sep 10 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

well i cbf always doing fullstop on forums no point i only use them when needed for important things

thank u r4n for reading have a nice day biggrin.gif

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
fletchdawg
post Sep 10 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

but i would win the ffa comp aswell

--------------------

x4 CoD4 Champion
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Oct 4 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #17
Blame him.

Next event:

QUOTE (LolSauce @ Aug 26 2009, 08:57 PM) *
Theres nothing wrong with single elimination... It always comes down to the best team winning. If you lose to 1 team, you don't earn the right to play the next. It's simple.

That wasn't his complaint at all. Did you even read his post?

QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Aug 26 2009, 11:42 PM) *
You've got to remember, yourself and a few other teams may be coming just for the CoD4 competition, but there are also quite a few other teams who come for the whole LAN, for CoD 4 and CSS, or a mix of the above. A lot of the casual teams don't want to sit around for 4 hours playing through a round robin of matches. That's not to say your point is invalid or anything, just pointing out there's less serious players too smile.gif

I think he cared more about the non-serious players being able to play more than one round instead of getting knocked out early. Unfortunately, roundrobin or the structure suggested (the number of matches amounts to about half that of a roundrobin, but it's still too many) simply means far too many matches being played. HAWX players complained that the competition just kept going for far too long (7 rounds + tiebreaker), and we only had 8 teams for that. A 20-round competition is out of the question for this reason.

--------------------
http://www.prolapsoft.com - Wolfmother's AV & Net Software
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
oohms
post Oct 4 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #18
Server/Comp Gopher

Next event:

Well next time it's most likely going to change to double elim.. dead_man thinks he can handle it laugh.gif

Round robin gives people lots of games, but there's no real 'final'

I was also thinking of a web based ladder system, like GA, but that means that teams who play a lot of games have a better chance at progressing, and we really don't want the cod comp to run for that long.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Ultimate_Sacrifice
post Oct 4 2009, 08:59 PM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (oohms @ Oct 4 2009, 05:51 PM) *
Well next time it's most likely going to change to double elim.. dead_man thinks he can handle it laugh.gif

Round robin gives people lots of games, but there's no real 'final'

I was also thinking of a web based ladder system, like GA, but that means that teams who play a lot of games have a better chance at progressing, and we really don't want the cod comp to run for that long.

Hey guys, i think we should just stick with the double elim and i have talked to dead man about how to choose maps tongue.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Oct 4 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

As oohms and ultimate_sacrifice have stated, im 90% sure ill be moving to double elim for the next event, however i reserve the right to switch back to single elim if we get way to many teams involved.

also means that i may need to start COD4 earlier than usual.

regards

Dead_Man

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:27 AM