Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Respawn v18 Announced!
Respawn LAN Forums > Official > News
SirSquidness

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines, the race to Respawn LAN v18 is about to begin!

The event will be on the weekend of October 9/10, the starting grid has space for 425 players and we’ll be opening the gates to the grid (registrations!) the 27th of August at 9PM.

Prepayment will be available for the fastest racers to complete the process - doing so will ensure you’re starting ahead of the rest of the grid! The cost for this privilege is nothing more than the time to complete a paypal or direct debit transaction and the same entry fee, $35, as everyone who will be paying at the gates. Details on prepayment, including how many prepaid places will be up for grabs, will be available closer to the opening of registrations.

We will be seeing the return of all of our regular competitions, fun comps and AFK comps. Expect to also see an extra racing competition or two; after all, it is Bathurst weekend! The race will be streamed over the network, so you don’t need to worry about missing the action.

Prizes for the pro comps will be announced in the coming weeks.

We look forward to seeing you there!
-The Respawn Team
priorax
Can only 200 people pre-pay, same as last time?
SirSquidness
We'll let you know in the near future o/
*666*
i will b there and are they going to be limited edition hoodies for this even
_Andrew_
is pre pay and seat booking going to be avaliable straight away or will they become avaliable after a certain amount of time
SirSquidness
QUOTE (priorax @ Aug 7 2010, 03:28 PM) *
Can only 200 people pre-pay, same as last time?

We will be increasing this to 250 people this time.

We will also be changing how the player registration list appears, as such:

Positions 1 through 250 will be reserved for prepaid positions only. When you register, you will initially be positioned in the queue starting at 251. When you prepay, you will be moved to your position in the prepaid block.

This means that instead of moving out of the top-400 when someone prepays, you will move closer to the top 400, if at all (obviously, depending on where abouts you are the prepayer are, relative to each other)

cool.gif

the contents of this post subject to successful implementation in the next few weeks
Alioth
Hooray!
djzort
please have all spots as prepay so that the lan is H00000j!
Gee
This should be epic, will be bringing Mr.Prime and Dyse around this time for the tf2 and maybe jamie will make an appearance for you tf2 guys wink.gif.
Rangers
Thank (insert something)

that the prepaid tardness was fixed. prepaid is fine just the way it was done last time was pretty bad.

Good job respawn!
TechL
Was it $35 last time for entry? unsure.gif I can't remember.
SirSquidness
Yes, it was $35 last event. The reduced player capacity from 500, increased running costs, etc sad.gif
Zantikk
Keen!

Hopefully COD4 comp is run just as successfully as previous one.

I've made a thread over at CyberGamer forums addressing the COD4 community (hopefully admins can answer any questions that arise tongue.gif)

http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread...LAN-Discussion/

cool.gif
Micah
How do i pre-pay now?

"Admission fee $35 at the door, $0 if you prepay now"
Tank
QUOTE (Micah @ Aug 9 2010, 04:24 PM) *
How do i pre-pay now?

"Admission fee $35 at the door, $0 if you prepay now"

It will be when we open registrations smile.gif (27th of August at 9PM)
eDGe
Keen beans, also do you know when comps / prizes will be announced?
Tank
QUOTE (eDGe @ Aug 9 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Keen beans, also do you know when comps / prizes will be announced?

I'm not 100% sure unfortunately!

I suspect comps will be similar to always, but with more focus on gaming, lol! (it IS bathurst weekend afterall!)

I'm planning some amazing AFK comps, including a small 'racetrack' we can get people's laptimes on wheelie chairs with... (well it sounds fun to me :\ )

Looking forward to it!
TechL
That sounds like fun to me too tongue.gif

oh and thanks Squid.
labelkills
QUOTE (*666* @ Aug 7 2010, 04:51 PM) *

noiiiiice!
Tank
QUOTE (labelkills @ Aug 10 2010, 05:01 PM) *

noiiiiice!

that wasn't a fact.

I havn't considered it. I'll have to look into it, depending on our new branding etc.

edit: read that as "if there is enough interest i might consider it"
Ezkaton
A racing Respawn eh.

I'll be bringing the G25 along for sure, then. smile.gif
I just hope there's some sim racing happening!
ihasaflavur
QUOTE (Tank @ Aug 10 2010, 06:00 PM) *

noiiiiice!

that wasn't a fact.

I havn't considered it. I'll have to look into it, depending on our new branding etc.

interest
*666*

noiiiiice!

that wasn't a fact.

well regardless im am half a hoodie please tank
Ezkaton
^ Err...
Dekar
awesome
here's hoping tf2 starts a little earlier, so we can have ~100 competitors rather than ~30 lol
Alioth
QUOTE (Dekar @ Aug 18 2010, 05:34 AM) *
awesome
here's hoping tf2 starts a little earlier, so we can have ~100 competitors rather than ~30 lol

Noooooo! It was awesome last time, only the strong survived till the hour that it ended up starting. Also, gave me a better chance of winning and I like winning (one's ego can never be stroked too much biggrin.gif )!

Cheers to Priorax and co for giving me a game, am more than happy to be a ringer again if needed.
priorax
QUOTE (Alioth @ Aug 18 2010, 07:15 PM) *
Cheers to Priorax and co for giving me a game, am more than happy to be a ringer again if needed

I am definitely holding you to that
Alioth
QUOTE (priorax @ Aug 18 2010, 11:19 PM) *
QUOTE (Alioth @ Aug 18 2010, 07:15 PM) *
Cheers to Priorax and co for giving me a game, am more than happy to be a ringer again if needed

I am definitely holding you to that

<3
Gee
There should be a bunch of tf2 teams forming up from Victoria, should be far better than last time. I'm expecting 3-4 proper tf2 teams from the ozfortress community, with the interest thats been shown. People are starting to come out of the woodwork with the success of reloaded and SGL. Also going to try and run people through some stuff before it kicks off, teach people rollouts.etc

This will even playing field for teams that just form on the day, rather than them just walking onto middle point to be met with a team set up on crates shooting down on them, which was the case last respawn and resulted in a rolling. I'm really keen to see how the TF2 goes next respawn.

Plasia
Calm down Gee, I don't want to have to play TF2 before next respawn.
SilvaSurfer
QUOTE (*666* @ Aug 16 2010, 07:09 PM) *

noiiiiice!

that wasn't a fact.

well regardless im am half a hoodie please tank

Interest...
Chapo
Should be good. Looking forward to it.

This will be my second Respawn, (first being V16). Unfortunately I couldn't make it to V17 sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape