Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Competition: Decryption Challenge [AFK]
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > General Stuff
yoshiyoshi
Discussion thread for Decryption Challenge [AFK] by yoshiyoshi

Can you be a Master Code Cracker?

This competition is an AFK, Pencil & Paper challenge. Anyone caught using a computer, phone, calculator etc will be summarily laughed at. Oh, and disqualified :-P

Essentially, competitors will be given an encrypted phrase to work out.
Don't panic, there are hints provided, you won't be left on your own!
When half of the contestants have deciphered the message, or time runs out, the round is over.

Dependent on number of competitors, there will be three rounds using different methods of deciphering the messages given to you.

Prize: Bragging Rights as the Master Code-Cracker of Hack-The-Planet! Oh, and a drink of your choice from the fridge purchased by yoshiyoshi, since it's going to be a very warm day :-)
Lysdexia
Sounds like fun.
Reminds me of mystery raffles, which are TF2 raffles where the link to the raffle is hidden inside an image, or at the end of a maze of links and require you to know hex, base and image encoding
yoshiyoshi
I'll admit that doing a 'Mystery Raffle' would be a little evil, but a whole lot of fun!!

I'm hoping this competition can be enjoyed by computer-enthusiasts and non-computer-enthusiasts alike :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape