Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbies coming to respawn... General rule of thumb?
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > General Stuff
Xequte
A friend and myself are new to Respawn, we were wondering if there are any basic rules (which i can't seem to find on the forums) in regards to seeding / leeching?

Is there anything I should bring apart from my PC? Is there any special software that's used to seed/leech which I should download prior?
Tank
Hi smile.gif

Respawn LAN does not run any 'leeching facilities', nor do we endorse illegal file sharing. We host a FTP server for game demos and updates.

Other rules;

-Bring all your cables etcetcetc, plus any driver disks etc! and a powerboard, and a ~10m netowrk cable.
-Bring your headphones! DO NOT bring speakers.
-Bring any food/drink you wish, I personally suggest you bring a decent sized bottle of water if nothing else.
-Bring a spare shirt/ deoderant! (preferable roll on). other wise things start to get smelly!
-Bring money! $30 for your entry fee, then more if you want dinner/snacks.
-Bring a pillow! either for sitting on, or sleeping on, or both! (we do have a sleeping area upstairs, but ONLY if you're neat and quiet.)
SirSquidness
QUOTE (Tank @ Apr 5 2010, 06:51 PM) *
Respawn LAN does not run any 'leeching facilities', nor do we endorse illegal file sharing. We host a FTP server for game demos and updates.

Let me quote to this emphasise the point smile.gif
hawky
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Apr 5 2010, 07:30 PM) *

Let me quote to this emphasise the point smile.gif

hahaha. yes indeed.
Jen
(we do have a sleeping area upstairs, but ONLY if you're neat and quiet.)

I would also like to emphasis on this point sleeping upstairs.....

* If someone has claimed a space - DO NOT STEAL IT
- This includes but not limited to:
- Moving their stuff for that space
- Using their sleeping gear for your own sleeping

* Sleeping in someones space where they are...
(I woke up at the last event with a random on the other side of my lilo - NOT COOL)

* Being loud and rowdy! People are up there to sleep, not for photos or general chatter.

Example of such... deadman stole zardoz sleeping couch, pillow and doona, zardoz woke me up kicking deadman out....

Thank you biggrin.gif
oohms
QUOTE (Jeffy @ Apr 8 2010, 01:00 AM) *
(I woke up at the last event with a random on the other side of my lilo - NOT COOL)

Jeffy's milkshake brings all the boys

/hides ph34r.gif
Jen
QUOTE (oohms @ Apr 8 2010, 01:34 AM) *
QUOTE (Jeffy @ Apr 8 2010, 01:00 AM) *

Jeffy's milkshake brings all the boys

/hides ph34r.gif

LOL Thanks for that...
TechL
Don't listen to Tank, DO bring your speakers. We all wanna hear your techno doof doof music smile.gif
SirSquidness
QUOTE (TechL @ Apr 8 2010, 11:13 PM) *
Don't listen to Tank, DO bring your speakers. We all wanna hear your techno doof doof music smile.gif

Fixed.
TechL
You even crossed out the emote... how could you?!
SirSquidness
There will be no smiley face on my watch wink.gif
Shub0xx
QUOTE (Jeffy @ Apr 8 2010, 12:00 AM) *

I dunno about that Jeffy. I'm sure I wouldn't complain if a nice random female decided to share my blow up bed. As long as she introduced herself when she woke up the next morning wink.gif

Had it been a random guy, then I'd agree with u.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape